|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
2. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
3. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
5. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
2. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
3. Describe what Krapp does with the first banana in the play.
4. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
5. Describe what is on Krapp's desk at the beginning of Part 1.
6. What does Krapp do after he finishes his first banana in Part 1?
7. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
8. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
9. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
10. How does Krapp describe the park in Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)