Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
2. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
3. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
4. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
2. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
3. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
5. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
6. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
7. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
8. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
9. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
10. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
Discuss the symbolism of Krapp's name. What purpose does the author have for giving him this name? What does the name suggest about the play's overall theme?
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)