|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
3. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
4. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
5. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
2. How is the word "viduity" defined according to Krapp's dictionary?
3. Describe what is on Krapp's desk at the beginning of Part 1.
4. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
5. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
6. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
8. What does Krapp talk about just after finishing his song in Part 3?
9. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
10. What does Krapp do after he turns off the tape for the last time at the end of Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
Essay Topic 2Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 3Examine the symbolism of the little black ball and its ties to the death of Krapp's mother.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)