|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
2. What size are Krapp's boots?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
4. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
5. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
2. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
3. What does Krapp talk about just after finishing his song in Part 3?
4. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
5. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
6. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
7. How is the word "viduity" defined according to Krapp's dictionary?
8. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
9. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
10. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility of the author having Krapp listen to old tapes signifying that his past had more significance than his present.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance in the title of the play. What does the title suggest is the theme or moral of the play?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)