|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
3. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
4. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
5. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape talk about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to laugh in Part 1?
2. How is the word "viduity" defined according to Krapp's dictionary?
3. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
4. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
5. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
6. What does Krapp do with his little black ball according to his old tape?
7. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
8. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
9. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
10. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance in the title of the play. What does the title suggest is the theme or moral of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)