|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
2. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
3. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
4. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
5. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
2. What does Krapp talk about just after finishing his song in Part 3?
3. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
4. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
5. What are some of the subjects discussed by Krapp-on-tape that are in list form?
6. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
7. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
8. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
9. How does Krapp describe the park in Part 3?
10. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of Krapp's name. What purpose does the author have for giving him this name? What does the name suggest about the play's overall theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)