|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
2. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
4. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe what the woman did when he asked her to look at him in Part 2?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his intimate moment with the woman?
3. Describe what Krapp does with the first banana in the play.
4. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
6. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
7. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
8. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
9. What is Krapp-on-tape discussing at the beginning of Part 2?
10. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism in the use of light and dark imagery in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of the little black ball and its ties to the death of Krapp's mother.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. What effect does isolation have on the different stages of Krapp's life? How does Krapp choose to deal with his isolation?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)