|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
2. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
3. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
4. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
5. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
2. What happens to Krapp physically after he finishes eating his first banana in Part 1?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty in the play?
4. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
5. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
6. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
7. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
8. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
9. What are some of the subjects discussed by Krapp-on-tape that are in list form?
10. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the setting of his intimate moment with the woman in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Krapp's mother in the play. How did his relationship with his mother affect how he would later live his life? What effect does losing his mother seem to have on his ability to be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the little black ball and its ties to the death of Krapp's mother.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)