|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
2. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
3. Where does Part 1 take place?
4. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
5. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp describe the park in Part 3?
2. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
3. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
4. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
5. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
6. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
7. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
8. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
9. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
10. What does Krapp do with his little black ball according to his old tape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Krapp as an old man fast-forwarding and rewinding his tapes. Analyze the nature of the material being discussed that causes Krapp to do this. What might this say about how Krapp feels about the nature of what is being discussed on the tapes that warrant him to skip over it or come back to it?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism in the use of light and dark imagery in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)