|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
2. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
4. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
5. What size are Krapp's boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the setting of his intimate moment with the woman in Part 2?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
5. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
6. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
7. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
8. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
9. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
10. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the tape recorder in the play. What is the tape recorder able to achieve that would have been impossible if it were missing?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)