Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
2. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
3. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
4. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
2. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
3. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
5. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
6. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
7. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
8. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
9. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
10. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the banana and/or peel in the play. What might this object be representing symbolically of the nature of Krapp's life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of singing in the play. What does singing seem to represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp-at-the-desk?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of drinking in the play. What does drinking represent to Krapp as an old man? What does drinking help to replace in his life?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)