|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
2. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
3. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
4. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
5. What color ball does Krapp talk about in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
2. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
3. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
4. What part of the 30-year-old tape does Krapp listen to at the end of the play?
5. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
6. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
9. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
10. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony of Krapp regretting his past but refusing to change his ways or wish to do it over. What reasons does he have for feeling this way? What might the author be saying about second-guessing one's choices?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of the use of the word "viduity" in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)