|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
2. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
3. How is Krapp's vision described?
4. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
5. Where does Part 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
2. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
3. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
4. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
5. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
6. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
7. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
8. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
9. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's purpose in using action on and off stage in the play. What might he be hoping to achieve using this method?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the role of the envelope in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of age in the play. How is Krapp portrayed at the different ages of his life? What might the author be saying about age?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)