|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
2. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
3. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
4. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
5. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
2. What are some of the daydreams suggested by Krapp to replace recording his tape?
3. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
4. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
5. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
6. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
7. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
8. What is Krapp-on-tape discussing at the beginning of Part 2?
9. Describe what is on Krapp's desk at the beginning of Part 1.
10. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of intimacy in the play. What does intimacy represent to Krapp-on-tape compared to Krapp as an old man?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of Krapp's name. What purpose does the author have for giving him this name? What does the name suggest about the play's overall theme?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Krapp-on-tape's discussion of his "visions at last" and the reaction towards this from Krapp as an old man.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)