|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
2. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
(a) East to west.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Side to side.
(d) North to south.
3. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
(a) His dog's death.
(b) His sister's birth.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His son's birth.
4. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Picking gooseberries.
(b) With a knife.
(c) Running through a field.
(d) Working in the barn.
5. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Looks at the back of it.
(b) Opens it.
(c) Listens to it.
(d) Holds it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
2. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
3. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
5. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)