|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing in front of his desk.
(b) Standing on his desk.
(c) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(d) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
2. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
(a) A cork pop.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A radio.
3. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(a) The sunset.
(d) The equinox.
4. What color are Krapp's boots?
5. What color is Krapp's shirt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
2. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
3. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
4. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
5. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape talk about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to laugh in Part 1?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe what the woman did when he asked her to look at him in Part 2?
4. Describe what is on Krapp's desk at the beginning of Part 1.
5. How is the word "viduity" defined according to Krapp's dictionary?
6. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
7. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
9. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
10. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)