|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and hearty.
(b) Strong and rather pompous.
(c) Slight and low.
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
(a) A day to remember.
(b) A happy occasion.
(c) An awful occasion.
(d) An eventful evening.
3. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His son.
(d) No one.
4. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
2. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
3. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
4. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
5. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
2. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
3. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
4. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
5. What does Krapp do after he turns off the tape for the last time at the end of Part 2?
6. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
7. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
8. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
9. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
10. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his intimate moment with the woman?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)