|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Listens to it.
(d) Smells it.
2. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) He doesn't wear any.
(b) Large black-framed glasses.
(c) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
(d) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
3. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
4. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The den.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A bedroom.
5. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
2. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
3. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
4. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of the 30-year-old tape does Krapp listen to at the end of the play?
2. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
3. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
4. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
5. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
6. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
7. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
8. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
9. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
10. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)