|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and hearty.
(c) Slight and low.
(d) Strong and rather pompous.
2. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
3. How is Krapp's vision described?
(d) Has cataracts.
4. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A peach.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A reel of tape.
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
(a) An eventful evening.
(b) A happy occasion.
(c) A day to remember.
(d) An awful occasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
2. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
4. What color is Krapp's shirt?
5. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe what the woman did when he asked her to look at him in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
3. Describe what Krapp does with the first banana in the play.
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
5. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
6. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
7. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
8. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
9. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
10. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)