|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Puts it in a drawer.
(d) Puts it in a box.
2. What color is Krapp's shirt?
3. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
4. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 1, Spool 2.
(b) Box 4, Spool 1.
(c) Box 5, Spool 3.
(d) Box 3, Spool 5.
5. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) David Hare.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
2. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
3. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
4. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
5. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
2. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
3. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
4. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
5. What does Krapp do with his envelope at the beginning of Part 3?
6. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
7. How does Krapp describe the scenery where he could have spent his life with a woman during his tape recording in Part 3?
8. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
9. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage at the end of Part 2?
10. What does Krapp say is gone at the end of the play?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)