|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Smells it.
(c) Puts it back.
(d) Listens to it.
2. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Plays the tape.
3. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
4. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His family.
(d) His son.
5. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(b) The evening.
(c) The morning.
(d) The middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
2. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
4. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
5. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Krapp-on-tape discussing at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
3. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
4. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
5. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
6. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his intimate moment with the woman?
7. What does Krapp do after he finishes his first banana in Part 1?
8. Describe what Krapp does with the first banana in the play.
9. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
10. What does Krapp do after putting the blank tape in the machine at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)