|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A banana.
(c) A tape.
(d) His keys.
2. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
(a) On a ledger.
(b) In a dictionary.
(c) On the back of an envelope.
(d) In a journal.
3. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
4. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
5. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
(b) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
(c) Large black-framed glasses.
(d) He doesn't wear any.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
2. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
3. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
4. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
2. What does Krapp do after he turns off the tape for the last time at the end of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage at the end of Part 2?
4. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
5. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
6. How does Krapp describe the scenery where he could have spent his life with a woman during his tape recording in Part 3?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
8. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
9. What does Krapp say is gone at the end of the play?
10. What part of the 30-year-old tape does Krapp listen to at the end of the play?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)