|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
2. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The den.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Miss Janelle.
(b) Old Miss McGlome.
(c) Laura Brown.
(d) Lady Garland.
4. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(b) The morning.
(c) The evening.
(d) The middle of the night.
5. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(b) Standing in front of his desk.
(c) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(d) Standing on his desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
2. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
3. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
4. What color is Krapp's shirt?
5. Where does Part 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
2. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
3. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
4. Describe the encounter a young Krapp has with a white dog in Part 2.
5. What does Krapp do with his envelope at the beginning of Part 3?
6. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
7. How does Krapp-on-tape describe what the woman did when he asked her to look at him in Part 2?
8. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
9. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
10. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)