|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Wipes his waistcoat.
(b) Wipes mouth.
(c) Rubs them.
(d) Claps them.
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
(a) An eventful evening.
(b) A happy occasion.
(c) A day to remember.
(d) An awful occasion.
3. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the back of the stage.
(b) In the audience.
(c) To the front of the stage.
4. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A banana.
(c) An orange.
(d) A tape.
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
2. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
3. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
4. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
5. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
2. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
3. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
4. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
5. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
6. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
7. What are some of the daydreams suggested by Krapp to replace recording his tape?
8. What does Krapp do after he finishes his first banana in Part 1?
9. How does Krapp describe the scenery where he could have spent his life with a woman during his tape recording in Part 3?
10. What does Krapp say is gone at the end of the play?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)