|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
(a) On a step.
(b) On his desk.
(c) On the floor.
(d) At his desk.
2. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A banana.
3. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
4. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
5. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) His keys.
(c) A banana.
(d) An envelope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
2. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
3. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
4. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
5. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
2. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
3. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty in the play?
5. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
6. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
7. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
8. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
9. Describe what Krapp does when he goes offstage for the first time in the play and what he brings back onstage with him.
10. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)