|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the front of the stage.
(b) In the audience.
(c) To the back of the stage.
2. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(b) Paces on stage.
(d) Throws up.
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) Recordings of his mother.
(b) A record.
(c) The radio.
(d) Old recordings of himself.
4. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A banana.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A ledger.
(d) A bottle.
5. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What size are Krapp's boots?
2. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
3. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
4. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
5. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
2. What happens to Krapp physically after he finishes eating his first banana in Part 1?
3. What does Krapp do with his second banana in Part 1?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
5. What does Krapp do with his little black ball according to his old tape?
6. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape talk about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to laugh in Part 1?
8. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
9. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
10. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)