|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) His house.
(b) The Winehouse.
(c) The barn.
(d) The park.
2. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) His keys.
(b) A banana.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A tape.
3. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(c) A tape.
(d) Another banana.
5. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
(a) His cane.
(b) The banana peel.
(c) A bad foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
2. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
3. What color are Krapp's boots?
4. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
5. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
3. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
4. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
5. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
6. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
7. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
8. What are some of the daydreams suggested by Krapp to replace recording his tape?
9. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
10. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)