|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
2. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The den.
3. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
4. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
5. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 1, Spool 2.
(b) Box 4, Spool 1.
(c) Box 3, Spool 5.
(d) Box 5, Spool 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
2. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
3. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
4. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
5. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Krapp-on-tape discussing at the beginning of Part 2?
2. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
3. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
4. What does Krapp do after hearing the word "viduity" on tape in Part 2?
5. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
6. How does Krapp describe the park in Part 3?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
8. What does Krapp do after he begins reading his ledger in Part 1?
9. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)