|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the back of the stage.
(b) In the audience.
(d) To the front of the stage.
2. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Eats the banana.
(b) Plays the tape.
(c) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(d) Opens the envelope.
3. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
(b) He doesn't wear any.
(c) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
(d) Large black-framed glasses.
5. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Old Miss McGlome.
(b) Laura Brown.
(c) Lady Garland.
(d) Miss Janelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
2. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
3. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
4. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
5. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Krapp's body language when he first turns on his tape recorder.
2. What does Krapp talk about regarding his book sales?
3. What does Krapp talk about just after finishing his song in Part 3?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding his "vision at last"?
5. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about when Krapp-at-the-desk fast-forwards the tape the first time?
6. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
7. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
8. How does Krapp describe the park in Part 3?
9. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
10. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)