|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing in front of his desk.
(b) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(c) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(d) Standing on his desk.
2. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Opens the envelope.
(b) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(c) Plays the tape.
(d) Eats the banana.
3. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Puts it in a drawer.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Puts it in a box.
4. How is Krapp's vision described?
(c) Has cataracts.
5. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
2. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
3. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
4. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
5. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is being discussed on tape that causes Krapp to curse in Part 2?
2. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
3. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
4. Describe what Krapp is wearing in Part 1.
5. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
6. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
7. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his intimate moment with the woman?
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
9. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty in the play?
10. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)