|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) No one.
(b) His family.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
2. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
(a) A bad foot.
(b) The banana peel.
(c) His cane.
3. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Plays the tape.
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) The barn.
(b) The Winehouse.
(c) The park.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
2. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
4. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
5. How is Krapp's vision described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do after putting the blank tape in the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape talk about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to laugh in Part 1?
4. How does Krapp react after listening to Krapp-on-tape recount the intimate moment with the woman for the second time?
5. What happens to Krapp physically after he finishes eating his first banana in Part 1?
6. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
7. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
8. How is Krapp's physical appearance described?
9. How does Krapp describe the scenery where he could have spent his life with a woman during his tape recording in Part 3?
10. What does Krapp say regarding his last meeting with the woman in Part 3?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)