|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The den.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The bathroom.
2. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) A banana.
(c) An envelope.
(d) His keys.
3. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(b) Closes his eyes.
(c) Claps his hands.
(d) Looks at his watch.
4. What size are Krapp's boots?
5. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) On the desk.
(c) In his mouth.
(d) In the chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Krapp's shirt?
2. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
3. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
4. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
5. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Krapp-on-tape talking about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to rewind?
2. What are some of the daydreams suggested by Krapp to replace recording his tape?
3. How does Krapp describe the Croghan?
4. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
5. What does Krapp do when he goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
6. In what manner does Krapp talk about spools in Part 3?
7. What does Krapp do after he turns off the tape for the last time at the end of Part 2?
8. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
9. What is the nature of Krapp-on-tape's discussion of the lighthouse?
10. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)