|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
(a) On a step.
(b) At his desk.
(c) On his desk.
(d) On the floor.
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
3. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 1, Spool 2.
(b) Box 3, Spool 5.
(c) Box 5, Spool 3.
(d) Box 4, Spool 1.
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Puts it back.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Smells it.
(d) Listens to it.
5. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His family.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
2. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
5. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his intimate moment with the woman?
3. How is the word "viduity" defined according to Krapp's dictionary?
4. What does Krapp do when he first opens his desk drawer in Part 1?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
6. What does Krapp-on-tape discuss regarding singing in Part 1?
7. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
8. What does Krapp talk about just after finishing his song in Part 3?
9. What are some of the daydreams suggested by Krapp to replace recording his tape?
10. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)