|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) The names of songs.
(b) The names of books.
(c) His name.
(d) A box and spool number.
2. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 1, Spool 2.
(b) Box 4, Spool 1.
(c) Box 3, Spool 5.
(d) Box 5, Spool 3.
3. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
5. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
2. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
3. What color is Krapp's shirt?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
5. What size are Krapp's boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty in the play?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
3. Describe what is on Krapp's desk at the beginning of Part 1.
4. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
5. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
6. Describe Krapp's only interaction with the dark young beauty.
7. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
8. What are some of the subjects discussed by Krapp-on-tape that are in list form?
9. Why does Krapp tell himself to "keep 'em under"?
10. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)