|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
(b) A cork pop.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A radio.
2. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the front of the stage.
(b) To the back of the stage.
(c) In the audience.
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
(b) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
(c) Large black-framed glasses.
(d) He doesn't wear any.
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) A record.
(b) Old recordings of himself.
(c) The radio.
(d) Recordings of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
2. What color ball does Krapp talk about in Part 1?
3. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
4. What color is Krapp's shirt?
5. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krapp do after putting the blank tape in the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty in the play?
3. How does Krapp react during and after his song in Part 3?
4. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
5. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
6. Describe how the stage appears in Part 1.
7. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
8. What is Krapp-on-tape discussing at the beginning of Part 2?
9. What does Krapp first talk about when he starts recording in Part 3?
10. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)