|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A tape.
(c) Another banana.
2. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) The park.
(b) The Winehouse.
(c) His house.
(d) The barn.
3. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
4. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) A box and spool number.
(b) The names of songs.
(c) His name.
(d) The names of books.
5. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A peach.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A reel of tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
2. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
3. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
5. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
2. What does Krapp say about his younger self after he finishes listening to the old tapes?
3. Describe Krapp and the scene at the end of the play.
4. What are some of the subjects discussed by Krapp-on-tape that are in list form?
5. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
6. What does Krapp-on-tape say regarding bananas?
7. What does Krapp do when he comes back onstage for the second time in Part 1?
8. What does Krapp do after he finishes his first banana in Part 1?
9. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the March night in Part 2?
10. Describe what Krapp does during his long pause near the end of Part 3?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)