|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A tape.
2. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and hearty.
(b) Strong and rather pompous.
(c) Slight and low.
3. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
4. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
5. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
(a) A radio.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A cork pop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
3. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
5. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Krapp does with the first banana in the play.
2. When Krapp begins contemplating whether to finish his tape, what does he suggest as an alternative?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape talk about that causes Krapp-at-the-desk to laugh in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do just after turning on his first tape in Part 1?
5. What is being discussed on tape that causes Krapp to curse in Part 2?
6. How does Krapp describe the scenery where he could have spent his life with a woman during his tape recording in Part 3?
7. How does Krapp-on-tape celebrate his 39th birthday?
8. What does Krapp do offstage at the end of Part 2?
9. What and why does Krapp proclaim not to want back at the end of the play?
10. What happens to Krapp physically after he finishes eating his first banana in Part 1?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)