|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A reel.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A microphone.
2. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
(a) Cook a meal.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Record a new tape.
(d) Write a song.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Running through a field.
(b) Picking gooseberries.
(c) Working in the barn.
(d) With a knife.
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(b) The ocean.
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
(a) Her thigh.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her cheek.
6. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The perambulator.
(b) The veil.
(c) The ledger.
(d) The tape.
8. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Eats a banana.
(b) Ruffles his hair.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Fumbles in his pockets.
9. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
(c) Called the police.
10. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
11. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
12. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Death and night.
(c) Day and sun.
(d) Night and day.
13. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Sweet and pretty.
(b) Blonde and beautiful.
(c) Young and dark.
(d) Pretty and young.
14. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
15. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(b) Cool and calm.
(c) Deep blue.
(d) Nice and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
2. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
3. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
4. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
5. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)