|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(b) Bottle against glass.
(c) A cork pop.
2. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A pier.
(c) A jetty.
(d) A path.
4. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
(d) A reel.
5. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) The young dark girl.
(c) The dog.
(d) His mother.
6. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) On the table.
(b) Puts it in his pocket.
(c) In the drawer.
(d) On the floor.
7. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
8. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(a) Cool and calm.
(b) Nice and lively.
(d) Deep blue.
9. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(d) A banana.
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
11. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
12. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) To the front of the table.
(c) Front stage.
(d) To his bedroom.
13. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
(a) His mother.
(c) The dark young beauty.
(d) His father.
14. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
15. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A banana.
(d) A ledger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
4. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
5. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)