|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) Was still.
(b) Was burning.
(c) All moved.
(d) All lived.
2. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
3. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(d) A banana.
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Young and dark.
(c) Pretty and young.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
5. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
6. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the dock.
(b) By the park.
(c) By the ferry.
(d) By the weir.
7. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) His mother.
(b) The dog.
(c) The young dark girl.
(d) He keeps it.
8. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) In the drawer.
(b) Puts it in his pocket.
(c) On the table.
(d) On the floor.
9. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) The wall.
(b) His watch.
(c) His dog.
(d) Out the window.
10. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
11. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A book.
(d) A pocket watch.
12. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The ledger.
(b) The veil.
(c) The perambulator.
(d) The tape.
13. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A book.
(d) A reel.
14. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) The wind-gauge.
(b) A weather vane.
(c) A windmill.
(d) An umbrella.
15. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Records something in a ledger.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Unlocks a drawer.
(d) Looks at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
2. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
3. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
4. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
5. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)