|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His brother.
2. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the weir.
(b) By the ferry.
(c) By the dock.
(d) By the park.
4. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) A tape.
(b) A flower.
(c) An envelope.
5. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Old men.
6. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
7. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A book.
8. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(b) A banana.
9. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Eats a banana.
(b) Ruffles his hair.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Fumbles in his pockets.
10. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her neck.
11. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
12. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
13. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) Behind her head.
(b) Behind her back.
(c) On her hips.
(d) By her side.
14. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Working in the barn.
(b) With a knife.
(c) Picking gooseberries.
(d) Running through a field.
15. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
(a) His sister's birth.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His son's birth.
(d) His dog's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
2. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
4. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
5. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)