|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
(a) Past midnight. Never knew.
(b) I wish I were dead.
(c) I was wrong.
(d) This is it.
2. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(b) Old men.
3. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The veil.
(b) The tape.
(c) The ledger.
(d) The perambulator.
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
(a) To smile.
(b) To sing.
(c) To close her eyes.
(d) To look at him.
5. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
6. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) His dog.
(b) Out the window.
(c) His watch.
(d) The wall.
7. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Night and day.
(c) Day and sun.
(d) Death and night.
8. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her neck.
9. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
(a) Called the police.
10. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
(b) His mother.
(c) The dark young beauty.
(d) His father.
11. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
12. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(a) The ocean.
13. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
(a) A banana.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A ledger.
14. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
15. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A weather vane.
(c) A windmill.
(d) The wind-gauge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
2. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
4. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
5. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)