|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
2. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(d) A banana.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) With a knife.
(b) Running through a field.
(c) Picking gooseberries.
(d) Working in the barn.
4. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Death and night.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Day and sun.
5. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
(a) Lays across her.
(b) Holds her.
(c) Whispers to her.
(d) Tells her he loves her.
6. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The tape.
(b) The veil.
(c) The ledger.
(d) The perambulator.
7. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Sweet and pretty.
(b) Blonde and beautiful.
(c) Pretty and young.
(d) Young and dark.
8. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A reel.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
9. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) All moved.
(b) Was still.
(c) Was burning.
(d) All lived.
10. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the dock.
(b) By the weir.
(c) By the ferry.
(d) By the park.
11. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(b) Bottle against glass.
(c) A cork pop.
12. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Eats a banana.
(b) Ruffles his hair.
(c) Fumbles in his pockets.
(d) Goes to sleep.
13. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The dark young beauty.
14. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
15. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
2. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
4. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)