|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
(a) Cook a meal.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Write a song.
(d) Record a new tape.
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(a) Deep blue.
(c) Nice and lively.
(d) Cool and calm.
3. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
4. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(b) A cork pop.
(c) Bottle against glass.
6. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
7. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
(a) Her thigh.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her cheek.
8. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
(a) Tells her he loves her.
(b) Lays across her.
(c) Whispers to her.
(d) Holds her.
9. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
(a) To his bedroom.
(c) Center stage.
(d) To his desk.
10. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) A banana.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) His keys.
11. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
12. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The perambulator.
(b) The veil.
(c) The tape.
(d) The ledger.
13. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Running through a field.
(b) Working in the barn.
(c) With a knife.
(d) Picking gooseberries.
14. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) His mother.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) The dog.
(d) The young dark girl.
15. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Looks at the back of it.
(b) Holds it.
(c) Listens to it.
(d) Opens it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
3. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
4. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)