|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her eyes.
2. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On the ledger.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On the dictionary.
3. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(a) Nice and lively.
(b) Cool and calm.
(c) Deep blue.
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Sweet and pretty.
(c) Pretty and young.
(d) Young and dark.
6. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
(a) Cook a meal.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Write a song.
(d) Record a new tape.
7. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A weather vane.
(c) A windmill.
(d) The wind-gauge.
8. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
9. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
(a) You are wonderful.
(b) Be with me.
(c) I love you.
(d) Let me in.
11. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) All lived.
(b) All moved.
(c) Was still.
(d) Was burning.
12. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
13. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
14. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
(a) Called the police.
15. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Eats a banana.
(c) Fumbles in his pockets.
(d) Ruffles his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
2. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
3. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
5. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)