|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) To his bedroom.
(c) Front stage.
(d) To the front of the table.
2. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(d) The ocean.
4. What does Krapp-on-tape do to the woman after they are intimate?
(a) Holds her.
(b) Tells her he loves her.
(c) Whispers to her.
(d) Lays across her.
5. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
(a) Past midnight. Never knew.
(b) This is it.
(c) I was wrong.
(d) I wish I were dead.
6. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(b) Nice and lively.
(c) Cool and calm.
(d) Deep blue.
7. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
8. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
(a) To his desk.
(c) Center stage.
(d) To his bedroom.
9. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
10. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Night and day.
(c) Death and night.
(d) Day and sun.
11. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
(a) Her thigh.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her cheek.
(d) Her stomach.
12. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
(c) Called the police.
13. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(d) Old men.
14. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Holds it.
(b) Looks at the back of it.
(c) Listens to it.
(d) Opens it.
15. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
3. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
4. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)