|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
(a) The dark young beauty.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
3. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) To his bedroom.
(b) Front stage.
(c) To the front of the table.
4. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
6. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) His watch.
(b) The wall.
(c) Out the window.
(d) His dog.
7. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
(a) To close her eyes.
(b) To sing.
(c) To look at him.
(d) To smile.
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say a beautiful woman did when he tried to talk to her during the tape in Part 2?
(a) Called the police.
9. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Young and dark.
(b) Blonde and beautiful.
(c) Pretty and young.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
10. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(c) The ocean.
11. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) The dog.
(c) His mother.
(d) The young dark girl.
12. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(b) A tape.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A flower.
13. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with lay?
(a) On the grass.
(b) On the floorboards.
(c) On the bed.
(d) On the gravel.
14. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
(b) Center stage.
(c) To his desk.
(d) To his bedroom.
15. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Holds it.
(b) Looks at the back of it.
(c) Listens to it.
(d) Opens it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
3. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)