|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
(a) His dog's death.
(b) His son's birth.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His sister's birth.
2. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) A tape.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A flower.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
(a) Dirty brown roller affairs.
(b) Smutty white filth.
(c) Clean green affairs.
(d) Stinky black rollers.
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with lay?
(a) On the bed.
(b) On the grass.
(c) On the gravel.
(d) On the floorboards.
5. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(c) Old men.
6. Where does Krapp lay the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Puts it in his pocket.
(b) On the table.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the drawer.
7. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) The dog.
(c) His mother.
(d) The young dark girl.
8. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Bottle against glass.
(c) A cork pop.
9. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Night and day.
(c) Day and sun.
(d) Death and night.
10. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Records something in a ledger.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Unlocks a drawer.
(d) Looks at it.
11. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) Behind her back.
(b) Behind her head.
(c) By her side.
(d) On her hips.
12. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) Was still.
(b) Was burning.
(c) All lived.
(d) All moved.
13. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the weir.
(b) By the dock.
(c) By the ferry.
(d) By the park.
14. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
15. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
(b) Stops the tape.
(c) Fast forwards the tape.
(d) Rewinds the tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
3. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
4. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
5. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)