|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
(a) A banana.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A ledger.
2. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Listens to it.
(b) Holds it.
(c) Opens it.
(d) Looks at the back of it.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(d) The ocean.
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
5. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
6. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
7. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A weather vane.
(c) The wind-gauge.
(d) A windmill.
8. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) Behind her back.
(b) Behind her head.
(c) On her hips.
(d) By her side.
9. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Picking gooseberries.
(b) Running through a field.
(c) With a knife.
(d) Working in the barn.
10. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
(a) Past midnight. Never knew.
(b) I wish I were dead.
(c) This is it.
(d) I was wrong.
11. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
12. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with lay?
(a) On the gravel.
(b) On the grass.
(c) On the bed.
(d) On the floorboards.
13. What item does Krapp take out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) A flower.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A tape.
14. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) His watch.
(b) Out the window.
(c) The wall.
(d) His dog.
15. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A jetty.
(c) A path.
(d) A pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
3. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
4. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)