|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
2. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(c) Bottle against glass.
(d) A cork pop.
3. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
4. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
(a) Stops the tape.
(b) Fast forwards the tape.
(c) Rewinds the tape.
5. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Old men.
6. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A banana.
(c) A ledger.
(d) A dictionary.
7. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her lips.
8. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) All moved.
(b) Was burning.
(c) Was still.
(d) All lived.
9. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Looks at it.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Unlocks a drawer.
(d) Records something in a ledger.
10. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A reel.
11. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the dark young beauty's eyes on tape?
(a) The ocean.
12. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Looks at it and puts it back.
(b) Writes on it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Squeezes it.
13. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the ledger.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On the dictionary.
14. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Storm and night.
(b) Death and night.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Day and sun.
15. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Young and dark.
(c) Sweet and pretty.
(d) Pretty and young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
2. How many definitions does the word that Krapp looks up in Part 2 have?
3. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
4. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
5. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)