|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) On the dictionary.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the ledger.
(d) In the chair.
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Sweet and pretty.
(c) Young and dark.
(d) Pretty and young.
3. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
(a) Was still.
(b) All lived.
(c) Was burning.
(d) All moved.
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) Behind her head.
(b) Behind her back.
(c) By her side.
(d) On her hips.
6. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
7. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Looks at the back of it.
(b) Listens to it.
(c) Opens it.
(d) Holds it.
8. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
9. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
10. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(c) Old men.
11. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
(a) Side to side.
(b) North to south.
(c) East to west.
(d) Front to back.
12. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
(a) His dog's death.
(b) His son's birth.
(c) His sister's birth.
(d) His mother's death.
13. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Front stage.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) To the front of the table.
14. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A weather vane.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) The wind-gauge.
15. What does Krapp bring back onstage after walking off for the first time in Part 2?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A banana.
(d) A dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
2. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
4. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)