|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) The young dark girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) The dog.
(d) He keeps it.
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
3. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The ledger.
(b) The veil.
(c) The perambulator.
(d) The tape.
4. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A reel.
5. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Front stage.
(c) To the front of the table.
(d) To his bedroom.
6. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
(a) I was wrong.
(b) This is it.
(c) Past midnight. Never knew.
(d) I wish I were dead.
7. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
8. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
9. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Running through a field.
(b) Working in the barn.
(c) Picking gooseberries.
(d) With a knife.
10. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
(a) Front to back.
(b) North to south.
(c) Side to side.
(d) East to west.
11. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(b) A banana.
12. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
13. What does Krapp do when he hears Krapp-on-tape say "Here I end"?
(a) Rewinds the tape.
(c) Fast forwards the tape.
(d) Stops the tape.
14. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Writes in a journal.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Puts on a blank reel.
15. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Young and dark.
(c) Pretty and young.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
2. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
3. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
4. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "We lay there without moving. But under us ___ _____".
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)