|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A book.
(d) A pocket watch.
2. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
3. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the dictionary.
(c) On the ledger.
(d) In the chair.
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
(a) Be with me.
(b) You are wonderful.
(c) Let me in.
(d) I love you.
5. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the ferry.
(b) By the dock.
(c) By the weir.
(d) By the park.
7. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A pier.
(c) A path.
(d) A jetty.
8. To whom does Krapp-on-tape say he gives the ball that he plays with the dog?
(a) The young dark girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) The dog.
(d) He keeps it.
9. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
10. Which of the following word is not used to describe the ball Krapp plays with the dog as described on tape in Part 2?
11. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
12. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Fumbles in his pockets.
(b) Eats a banana.
(c) Ruffles his hair.
(d) Goes to sleep.
13. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
14. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) On her hips.
(b) Behind her head.
(c) Behind her back.
(d) By her side.
15. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
(a) Takes it out and dumps out the contents.
(b) Slams it.
(c) Locks it.
(d) Leaves it open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp go when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
2. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
3. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
4. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
5. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with had a scratch?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)