|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the park.
(b) By the dock.
(c) By the ferry.
(d) By the weir.
2. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp turns it off in Part 2?
(a) I was wrong.
(b) This is it.
(c) Past midnight. Never knew.
(d) I wish I were dead.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
(a) Clean green affairs.
(b) Stinky black rollers.
(c) Smutty white filth.
(d) Dirty brown roller affairs.
4. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
6. What body part does Krapp-on-tape say his face was in during his intimate description in Part 2?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
7. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) His dog.
(b) His watch.
(c) Out the window.
(d) The wall.
8. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
9. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(c) Bottle against glass.
(d) A cork pop.
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
(a) A pier.
(b) A path.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A jetty.
11. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
(a) His sister's birth.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His dog's death.
(d) His son's birth.
12. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Sweet and pretty.
(b) Young and dark.
(c) Blonde and beautiful.
(d) Pretty and young.
13. What is the second item Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) A pocket watch.
(c) A book.
(d) An envelope.
14. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
(a) Records something in a ledger.
(b) Unlocks a drawer.
(c) Looks at it.
(d) Eats it.
15. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Night and day.
(b) Storm and night.
(c) Death and night.
(d) Day and sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
2. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
3. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
4. What does Krapp do after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
5. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)