|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Unshatterable association until my dissolution of ___ and ____".
(a) Night and day.
(b) Death and night.
(c) Day and sun.
(d) Storm and night.
2. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
3. What does Krapp take out when he unlocks his drawer at the end of Part 2?
(a) A book.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A letter.
(d) A reel.
4. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Fumbles in his pockets.
(c) Eats a banana.
(d) Ruffles his hair.
5. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) A weather vane.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) The wind-gauge.
(d) A windmill.
6. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Record a new tape.
(c) Write a song.
(d) Cook a meal.
7. What does Krapp do with the first item he takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Writes on it.
(b) Looks at it and puts it back.
(c) Squeezes it.
(d) Eats it.
8. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
(a) On her hips.
(b) Behind her back.
(c) By her side.
(d) Behind her head.
9. How many seconds is Krapp backstage at the end of Part 2?
10. What month does Krapp-on-tape say was memorable?
11. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the water when talking about his intimate moment with a woman in Part 2?
(b) Cool and calm.
(c) Deep blue.
(d) Nice and lively.
12. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
13. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) The dark young beauty.
14. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The perambulator.
(b) The veil.
(c) The tape.
(d) The ledger.
15. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Blonde and beautiful.
(b) Pretty and young.
(c) Young and dark.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
2. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
3. What does Krapp-on-tape say he asks the woman to do before they are intimate?
4. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
5. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)