|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp first do after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) Ruffles his hair.
(b) Fumbles in his pockets.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Eats a banana.
2. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
(b) Bottle against glass.
(d) A cork pop.
3. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
(a) Working in the barn.
(b) With a knife.
(c) Running through a field.
(d) Picking gooseberries.
4. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
(a) Center stage.
(b) To his bedroom.
(d) To his desk.
5. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the blinds that were pulled down on tape in Part 2?
(a) Dirty brown roller affairs.
(b) Smutty white filth.
(c) Stinky black rollers.
(d) Clean green affairs.
6. Which of the following people does Krapp-on-tape not mention seeing while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(c) Old men.
7. What item does Krapp-on-tape describe as a most funereal thing?
(a) The tape.
(b) The perambulator.
(c) The veil.
(d) The ledger.
8. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Pretty and young.
(b) Blonde and beautiful.
(c) Young and dark.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
9. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
10. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
11. What is described as "spinning like a propeller"?
(a) The wind-gauge.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A weather vane.
(d) An umbrella.
12. Where was the bench located that Krapp-on-tape says he sat on where he could watch his mother's window?
(a) By the park.
(b) By the ferry.
(c) By the weir.
(d) By the dock.
13. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
(a) North to south.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Side to side.
(d) East to west.
14. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
15. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with lay?
(a) On the bed.
(b) On the grass.
(c) On the floorboards.
(d) On the gravel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird is mentioned by Krapp at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape describe when he says "I happened to look up and there it was. All over and done with at last"?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the woman he is intimate with eyes?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
5. What does Krapp take out of his pocket when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)