|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We drifted in among the flags and ____".
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say was "flying up in the light of the lighthouse"?
3. After he shuts off the tape in Part 2, what does Krapp look at after putting away the second item he takes out of his pocket?
(a) His dog.
(b) The wall.
(c) His watch.
(d) Out the window.
4. Finish the sentence: "But under us all moved, and move us, gently, up and down, and from ____ _____".
(a) North to south.
(b) Front to back.
(c) East to west.
(d) Side to side.
5. What type of rocks does Krapp-on-tape say were surrounding the lighthouse?
6. Finish the sentence: "The way they went down, sighing, before the ____".
7. What color is the dog Krapp-on-tape says he threw a ball for in Part 2?
8. How does Krapp appear when he comes back on stage at the end of Part 2?
9. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket after he shuts off the tape in Part 2?
(a) A banana.
10. What word causes Krapp to stop listening to his tape at the beginning of Part 2?
11. What does Krapp do to his drawer after he takes an item out at the end of Part 2?
(a) Takes it out and dumps out the contents.
(b) Leaves it open.
(c) Locks it.
(d) Slams it.
12. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
13. Who does Krapp-on-tape say "lay a-dying" in the house on the canal in Part 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
14. What does Krapp-on-tape say he was standing at the end of on "that memorable night"?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A pier.
(c) A jetty.
(d) A path.
15. Where does Krapp lay the reel he takes off the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On the ledger.
(c) On the dictionary.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he is intimate with has her hands?
2. What sound is heard when Krapp goes offstage at the end of Part 2?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape say the woman he was intimate with scratched herself?
4. Where does Krapp go after examining the items in his pocket at the end of Part 2?
5. What does Krapp begin to do at the very end of Part 2?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)