|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(a) The equinox.
(c) The sunset.
2. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
3. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Hair growth.
(c) Bowel movements.
4. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The den.
5. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
6. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) A record.
(b) Recordings of his mother.
(c) Old recordings of himself.
(d) The radio.
7. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A banana.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A ledger.
8. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(a) Looks at his watch.
(b) Claps his hands.
(d) Closes his eyes.
9. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
10. What size are Krapp's boots?
11. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
12. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
(b) His cane.
(c) A bad foot.
(d) The banana peel.
13. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) The barn.
(b) His house.
(c) The park.
(d) The Winehouse.
14. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Plays the tape.
15. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
2. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
3. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
4. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
5. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)