|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) A banana.
(b) An envelope.
(c) His keys.
(d) A tape.
2. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the front of the stage.
(c) In the audience.
(d) To the back of the stage.
3. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
4. What color are Krapp's boots?
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
6. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Plays the tape.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
7. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and rather pompous.
(b) Strong and hearty.
(d) Slight and low.
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
9. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Puts it back.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Smells it.
(d) Listens to it.
10. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) At my death.
(b) When I sleep.
(c) At the end of the day.
(d) When I look.
11. How is Krapp's vision described?
(a) Has cataracts.
12. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A banana.
(c) A tape.
(d) An orange.
13. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing in front of his desk.
(b) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(c) Standing on his desk.
(d) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
14. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) On the desk.
(b) In his mouth.
(c) In the chair.
(d) In his pocket.
15. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) His name.
(b) A box and spool number.
(c) The names of songs.
(d) The names of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
2. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
3. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
5. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)