|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The den.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(a) Looks at his watch.
(b) Closes his eyes.
(d) Claps his hands.
3. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) The names of books.
(b) A box and spool number.
(c) His name.
(d) The names of songs.
4. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His family.
(d) His son.
5. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A reel of tape.
(b) A peach.
(c) An envelope.
6. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Paces on stage.
7. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(b) The equinox.
(d) The sunset.
8. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Plays the tape.
(b) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Opens the envelope.
9. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the front of the stage.
(b) In the audience.
(c) To the back of the stage.
10. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
11. What color is Krapp's shirt?
12. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
13. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Wipes his waistcoat.
(b) Wipes mouth.
(c) Rubs them.
(d) Claps them.
14. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
15. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
2. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
3. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
4. What size are Krapp's boots?
5. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)