|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) A record.
(b) Old recordings of himself.
(c) The radio.
(d) Recordings of his mother.
3. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(c) Throws up.
(d) Paces on stage.
4. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
5. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and rather pompous.
(b) Slight and low.
(c) Strong and hearty.
6. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A reel of tape.
(d) A peach.
7. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
8. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
9. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(b) Bowel movements.
(d) Hair growth.
10. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Puts it back.
(b) Listens to it.
(c) Smells it.
(d) Eats it.
11. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 4, Spool 1.
(b) Box 5, Spool 3.
(c) Box 1, Spool 2.
(d) Box 3, Spool 5.
12. Where does Part 1 take place?
(a) Krapp's mother's house.
(b) Krapp's shed.
(c) A woman's house.
(d) Krapp's house.
13. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the front of the stage.
(b) To the back of the stage.
(c) In the audience.
14. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(c) A tape.
(d) Another banana.
15. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
2. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
3. What size are Krapp's boots?
4. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
5. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)