|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) At my death.
(b) When I look.
(c) When I sleep.
(d) At the end of the day.
2. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A tape.
3. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
4. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
5. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A peach.
(b) A reel of tape.
(d) An envelope.
6. What size are Krapp's boots?
7. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
8. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
(a) In a journal.
(b) On the back of an envelope.
(c) In a dictionary.
(d) On a ledger.
9. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
10. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
11. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Rubs them.
(b) Wipes mouth.
(c) Claps them.
(d) Wipes his waistcoat.
12. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
13. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In his mouth.
(b) On the desk.
(c) In the chair.
(d) In his pocket.
14. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
(a) To eat more.
(b) To have a child.
(c) To spend less money.
(d) To drink less.
15. What color are Krapp's boots?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
2. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
3. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
4. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
5. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)