|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(b) The equinox.
(d) The sunset.
2. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
3. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(b) Strong and hearty.
(c) Slight and low.
(d) Strong and rather pompous.
4. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) David Hare.
5. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
6. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An orange.
(b) A tape.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A banana.
7. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Puts it back.
(b) Listens to it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Smells it.
8. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing on his desk.
(b) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(c) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(d) Standing in front of his desk.
9. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
10. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Plays the tape.
(b) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Opens the envelope.
11. How is Krapp's vision described?
(b) Has cataracts.
12. What color are Krapp's boots?
13. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
(a) To drink less.
(b) To spend less money.
(c) To have a child.
(d) To eat more.
14. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
15. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A banana.
(d) A ledger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
2. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
3. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
5. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)