|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
2. What size are Krapp's boots?
3. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) His keys.
(c) A tape.
(d) A banana.
4. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In the chair.
(c) In his mouth.
(d) On the desk.
5. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) At the end of the day.
(b) When I look.
(c) At my death.
(d) When I sleep.
6. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Hair growth.
(b) Bowel movements.
7. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Plays the tape.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
8. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(b) Strong and hearty.
(c) Strong and rather pompous.
(d) Slight and low.
9. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) He doesn't wear any.
(b) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
(c) Large black-framed glasses.
(d) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
10. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) The radio.
(b) Recordings of his mother.
(c) A record.
(d) Old recordings of himself.
11. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
(a) On his desk.
(b) On the floor.
(c) At his desk.
(d) On a step.
12. Where does Part 1 take place?
(a) Krapp's house.
(b) A woman's house.
(c) Krapp's mother's house.
(d) Krapp's shed.
13. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His family.
(b) His son.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
14. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
15. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
2. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. What color are Krapp's boots?
4. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
5. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)