|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
2. What size are Krapp's boots?
3. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) When I sleep.
(b) At my death.
(c) When I look.
(d) At the end of the day.
4. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Hair growth.
(b) Bowel movements.
5. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(a) Throws up.
(d) Paces on stage.
6. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 3, Spool 5.
(b) Box 4, Spool 1.
(c) Box 5, Spool 3.
(d) Box 1, Spool 2.
7. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
8. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Wipes his waistcoat.
(b) Rubs them.
(c) Claps them.
(d) Wipes mouth.
9. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A banana.
(c) His keys.
(d) A tape.
10. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Slight and low.
(b) Strong and rather pompous.
(c) Strong and hearty.
11. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
12. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
13. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) Recordings of his mother.
(b) Old recordings of himself.
(c) A record.
(d) The radio.
14. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) The barn.
(b) The Winehouse.
(c) His house.
(d) The park.
15. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
2. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
3. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
4. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
5. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)