|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
2. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Slight and low.
(b) Strong and hearty.
(c) Strong and rather pompous.
3. Where does Part 1 take place?
(a) Krapp's mother's house.
(b) Krapp's shed.
(c) A woman's house.
(d) Krapp's house.
4. What color is Krapp's shirt?
5. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
6. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
7. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) David Hare.
8. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
(a) On the back of an envelope.
(b) In a journal.
(c) In a dictionary.
(d) On a ledger.
9. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A banana.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A ledger.
(d) A bottle.
10. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Puts it in a box.
(d) Puts it in a drawer.
11. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In the chair.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In his mouth.
(d) On the desk.
12. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
(a) His cane.
(c) A bad foot.
(d) The banana peel.
13. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
14. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
15. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
2. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
4. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
5. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)