|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Old Miss McGlome.
(b) Miss Janelle.
(c) Lady Garland.
(d) Laura Brown.
2. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Bowel movements.
(b) Hair growth.
3. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) An envelope.
(c) An orange.
(d) A banana.
5. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) Another banana.
(c) A tape.
6. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
7. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
8. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
9. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
10. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
11. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
12. Where does Part 1 take place?
(a) Krapp's shed.
(b) Krapp's mother's house.
(c) Krapp's house.
(d) A woman's house.
13. What color are Krapp's boots?
14. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Strong and hearty.
(c) Strong and rather pompous.
(d) Slight and low.
15. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On his desk.
(c) At his desk.
(d) On a step.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Krapp's vision described?
2. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
3. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
4. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
5. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)