|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Plays the tape.
(b) Opens the envelope.
(c) Eats the banana.
(d) Chooses a key and unlocks the desk drawer.
2. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
3. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
4. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) On the desk.
(c) In his mouth.
(d) In the chair.
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
6. How many bananas does Krapp-on-tape say he just ate?
7. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
9. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
10. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Slight and low.
(b) Strong and hearty.
(c) Strong and rather pompous.
11. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
12. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(b) The equinox.
(d) The sunset.
13. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Smells it.
(b) Listens to it.
(c) Puts it back.
(d) Eats it.
14. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A peach.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A reel of tape.
15. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
2. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
3. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
4. What color ball does Krapp talk about in Part 1?
5. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)