|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
2. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A ledger.
(c) A banana.
(d) A dictionary.
3. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
(a) To drink less.
(b) To eat more.
(c) To spend less money.
(d) To have a child.
4. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) When I look.
(b) At the end of the day.
(c) When I sleep.
(d) At my death.
5. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(b) Paces on stage.
(d) Throws up.
6. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(b) The evening.
(c) The middle of the night.
(d) The morning.
7. What color are Krapp's boots?
8. What color pants does Krapp wear in Part 1?
9. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
(b) A radio.
(c) A cork pop.
(d) A gun shot.
10. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Hair growth.
(b) Bowel movements.
11. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
12. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 4, Spool 1.
(b) Box 5, Spool 3.
(c) Box 3, Spool 5.
(d) Box 1, Spool 2.
13. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) An envelope.
(c) An orange.
(d) A banana.
14. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Puts it back.
(b) Puts it in a box.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Puts it in a drawer.
15. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
2. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
3. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
4. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
5. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)