|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Wipes mouth.
(b) Claps them.
(c) Wipes his waistcoat.
(d) Rubs them.
2. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
3. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
4. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) When I sleep.
(b) At the end of the day.
(c) When I look.
(d) At my death.
5. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
6. What size are Krapp's boots?
7. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
(a) To have a child.
(b) To eat more.
(c) To drink less.
(d) To spend less money.
8. What color are Krapp's boots?
9. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
10. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
11. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(b) Standing in front of his desk.
(c) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(d) Standing on his desk.
12. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(c) Paces on stage.
(d) Throws up.
13. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
14. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An orange.
(b) A banana.
(c) A tape.
(d) An envelope.
15. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Miss Janelle.
(b) Old Miss McGlome.
(c) Laura Brown.
(d) Lady Garland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
2. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
3. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
4. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
5. How is Krapp's vision described?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)