|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
2. How is Krapp's vision described?
(d) Has cataracts.
3. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Laura Brown.
(b) Old Miss McGlome.
(c) Miss Janelle.
(d) Lady Garland.
4. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His family.
(d) No one.
5. What size are Krapp's boots?
6. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
(a) His cane.
(b) A bad foot.
(d) The banana peel.
7. What color ball does Krapp talk about in Part 1?
8. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Claps them.
(b) Rubs them.
(c) Wipes mouth.
(d) Wipes his waistcoat.
9. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) An orange.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A banana.
10. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A banana.
(d) A ledger.
11. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(a) The middle of the night.
(c) The morning.
(d) The evening.
12. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Listens to it.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Smells it.
13. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(b) The equinox.
(d) The sunset.
14. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) At my death.
(b) When I look.
(c) At the end of the day.
(d) When I sleep.
15. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
2. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
3. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
4. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
5. Where does Krapp sit after coming back from offstage for the first time?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)