|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) A tape.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A banana.
(d) His keys.
2. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) At the end of the day.
(b) At my death.
(c) When I look.
(d) When I sleep.
3. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
4. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
(a) In a dictionary.
(b) On a ledger.
(c) On the back of an envelope.
(d) In a journal.
5. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Paces on stage.
6. What color is Krapp's shirt?
7. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(c) Another banana.
(d) A tape.
8. How is a nurse described in Part 1?
9. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
10. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(a) Looks at his watch.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Claps his hands.
11. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing on his desk.
(b) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(c) Standing in front of his desk.
(d) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
12. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
13. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
(a) Wipes mouth.
(b) Rubs them.
(c) Wipes his waistcoat.
(d) Claps them.
14. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
15. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) Recordings of his mother.
(b) Old recordings of himself.
(c) The radio.
(d) A record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
2. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
3. How does Krapp-on-tape describe his birthday?
4. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
5. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)