|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer of his desk after almost falling onstage in Part 1?
(a) Another banana.
(b) A tape.
(c) An envelope.
2. Where does Krapp go after peeling his second banana?
(a) To the back of the stage.
(c) To the front of the stage.
(d) In the audience.
3. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) David Hare.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Smells it.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Listens to it.
5. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
6. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) The names of books.
(b) His name.
(c) The names of songs.
(d) A box and spool number.
7. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A peach.
(b) An envelope.
(d) A reel of tape.
8. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(b) Standing in front of his desk.
(c) Standing on his desk.
(d) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
9. What box and spool number from his ledger does Krapp first look for?
(a) Box 5, Spool 3.
(b) Box 4, Spool 1.
(c) Box 1, Spool 2.
(d) Box 3, Spool 5.
10. What does Krapp carry with him when he comes from offstage for the first time?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A banana.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A ledger.
11. Where does Krapp put the second banana he peels?
(a) In the chair.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In his mouth.
(d) On the desk.
12. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A tape.
(c) A banana.
(d) His keys.
13. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
14. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
15. What color ball does Krapp talk about in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp not do with his hands when he comes back from offstage for the first time?
2. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
3. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
4. How many seconds does Krapp go offstage for the first time?
5. What does Krapp do after eating a bite of banana in Part 1?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)