|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
2. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A reel of tape.
(c) A peach.
(d) An envelope.
3. How is Krapp's vision described?
(a) Has cataracts.
4. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
(a) To drink less.
(b) To eat more.
(c) To spend less money.
(d) To have a child.
5. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An orange.
(b) A tape.
(c) A banana.
(d) An envelope.
6. How many pockets does Krapp's waistcoat have?
7. Where does Krapp-on-tape mention he jotted down some notes during his birthday?
(a) In a journal.
(b) On a ledger.
(c) In a dictionary.
(d) On the back of an envelope.
8. What does Krapp-on-tape say makes him feel less alone?
9. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The den.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A bedroom.
10. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(a) The evening.
(b) The morning.
(c) The middle of the night.
11. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
12. What part of the woman who lived with Krapp does Krapp-on-tape describe as warm?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hands.
13. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
14. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(c) Bowel movements.
(d) Hair growth.
15. In what way is Krapp positioned at his desk at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) Standing in front of his desk.
(b) Facing away from the desk towards the audience.
(c) Facing towards the desk with his back to the audience.
(d) Standing on his desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
2. What color is Krapp's shirt?
3. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
4. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
5. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)