|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the voice on tape first described in Part 1?
(a) Slight and low.
(b) Strong and rather pompous.
(d) Strong and hearty.
2. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His son.
(d) His family.
3. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
4. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
5. At what time of day does Part 1 take place?
(a) The middle of the night.
(c) The evening.
(d) The morning.
6. When Krapp-on-tape talks about statistics, how many hours does he mention?
7. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) A banana.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A tape.
(d) His keys.
8. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
(a) David Hare.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Mark Twain.
9. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(a) Looks at his watch.
(b) Claps his hands.
(d) Closes his eyes.
10. What is described as "memorable" in Part 1?
(b) The equinox.
(c) The sunset.
11. What color is Krapp's shirt?
12. What color are Krapp's boots?
13. In what is there a "slight improvement" mentioned in Part 1?
(a) Bowel movements.
(c) Hair growth.
14. Finish the sentence: "Closing with a yelp to _____".
15. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Laura Brown.
(b) Miss Janelle.
(c) Lady Garland.
(d) Old Miss McGlome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Krapp's watch and chain?
2. What does Krapp do with the second thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
3. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
5. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)