|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drawers does Krapp's desk have in the play?
2. In what room in the house does Part 1 take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The den.
(d) The bathroom.
3. Finish the lyrics to Krapp's song: "Now the day is over, Night is drawing nigh-igh, ____".
4. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) A box and spool number.
(b) The names of books.
(c) The names of songs.
(d) His name.
5. How old is the Krapp first heard on tape?
6. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) A banana.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A tape.
(d) An orange.
7. What street does Krapp-on-tape say he lived on with the woman when he was younger?
8. What color coat does Krapp-on-tape describe a girl wearing at a railway station in Part 1?
9. What does Krapp-on-tape say he has been listening to at random?
(a) Recordings of his mother.
(b) Old recordings of himself.
(c) A record.
(d) The radio.
10. Where does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday that year?
(a) The park.
(b) The barn.
(c) The Winehouse.
(d) His house.
11. What is the second thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
12. What kind of glasses does Krapp wear?
(a) Large black-framed glasses.
(b) Small, wire-rimmed glasses.
(c) He doesn't wear any.
(d) Large, wire-rimmed glasses.
13. What is the name of the woman that Krapp-on-tape says usually sings at that particular hour when he is recording?
(a) Miss Janelle.
(b) Lady Garland.
(c) Old Miss McGlome.
(d) Laura Brown.
14. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His family.
15. What does Krapp do with the first thing he takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Puts it in a drawer.
(d) Puts it in a box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Krapp takes out of his pocket in Part 1?
2. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
3. What noise is heard offstage for the first time?
4. Finish the title of this ledger notation seen in Part 1: "Farewell to ___".
5. How many popped corks are heard when Krapp goes offstage the second time in Part 1?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)