|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing heard on the tape before Krapp switches it off and goes offstage for the second time in Part 1?
(a) When I look.
(b) At the end of the day.
(c) At my death.
(d) When I sleep.
2. How does Krapp-on-tape describe the beauty he sees while sitting on a bench near his mother's window?
(a) Young and dark.
(b) Blonde and beautiful.
(c) Sweet and pretty.
(d) Pretty and young.
3. With whom does Krapp-on-tape say he celebrated his birthday?
(a) His son.
(b) No one.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family.
4. What does Krapp do just after he heaves his first sigh in Part 1?
(a) Looks at his watch.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Claps his hands.
5. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of his pocket after removing the reel from the machine at the end of Part 2?
(a) Looks at the back of it.
(b) Holds it.
(c) Opens it.
(d) Listens to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Past midnight. Never knew such ____".
2. What causes Krapp to nearly fall onstage in Part 1?
3. What resolution does Krapp-on-tape talk about having as a young man?
4. What does Krapp-on-tape say he tells the woman just before they are intimate?
5. What does Krapp take out of the first drawer in his desk in Part 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)