|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krapp take out of the second drawer in his desk in Part 1?
(a) An envelope.
(b) An orange.
(c) A tape.
(d) A banana.
2. What is the first thing that Krapp reads from his ledger in Part 1?
(a) The names of songs.
(b) His name.
(c) A box and spool number.
(d) The names of books.
3. What is the last thing Krapp says in the play?
(a) "All for the best."
(b) "That's it."
(c) "No, I wouldn't want them back."
(d) "It's okay."
4. What does Krapp do with the item he takes out of the first drawer in his desk?
(a) Listens to it.
(b) Puts it back.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Smells it.
5. What does Krapp say just after he stops listening to the tape after his long pause in Part 3?
(a) "At dawn."
(b) "Past midnight."
(c) "It must end."
(d) "That was it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word heard on the tape that Krapp begins playing after his long pause?
2. How is Krapp's voice described in Part 1?
3. Who does Krapp-on-tape describe as "all white and starch" in Part 2?
4. What is the name of the woman Krapp-on-tape says he used to live with?
5. Who is the author of Krapp's Last Tape?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)