* The play opens with an old man named Krapp sitting in a chair facing away from his desk.
* An old fashioned tape recorder, microphone, and boxes of tapes sit on the desk.
* Krapp sits motionless for a long time, before finally rising.
* Krapp fumbles in his pockets for a set of keys, looks through the desk, and finds a banana.
* Krapp peels the banana, throws the peel on the floor, puts one end of the banana in his mouth, and doesn't move.
* Krapp begins pacing back and forth across the stage as he eats the banana.
* Krapp almost slips on the banana peel he had thrown on the ground earlier, but kicks it out of the way.
* Once he finishes the banana, Krapp searches through the desk and finds a second banana.
* Krapp peels the second banana, puts the end in his mouth, and remains still.
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)