|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They clamor for attention
(b) Violent frenzy
(c) They disappear
(d) They float calmly
2. What seems to welcome the men?
(a) Pilot fish
3. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
4. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
(b) Roller coaster
5. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
2. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
3. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
4. What sign gives the crew hope?
5. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
2. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
3. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
4. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
5. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
6. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
7. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
8. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
9. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
10. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)