|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
(b) Movie magic
2. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
(d) Roller coaster
3. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Poison ivy
(b) Fragrant flowers
(d) Tangled grapevines
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) They don't
(b) Throw rocks
(d) Slap the water
Short Answer Questions
1. The village men act out a dance with what?
2. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
3. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
4. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
5. What is another sign of land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
2. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
3. How do the natives honor the crew?
4. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
5. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
6. There is at least one thing that Heyerdahl feels he has in common with the ancients. What is it?
7. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
8. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
9. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
10. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)