|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
2. What is a frigate?
3. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
4. What item needs constant maintenance?
5. What weapons do the crew members sleep with?
(d) Bamboo poles
Short Answer Questions
1. Which crew member falls overboard?
2. How long does the big storm last?
3. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
4. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
5. What does Knut cook for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
2. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
3. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
4. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
5. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
6. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
7. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
8. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
9. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
10. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)