|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons do the crew members sleep with?
(b) Bamboo poles
2. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Slap the water
(b) They don't
(d) Throw rocks
3. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(d) Early evening
4. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(b) Ship's captain
(c) Native chief
5. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
2. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
3. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
4. By what are some of the crew attacked?
5. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
2. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
3. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
4. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
5. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
6. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
7. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
8. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
9. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
10. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)