|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT discovered on the island?
(c) Abandoned hut
(d) Poisonous eels
2. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(a) Coconut shells
(d) Bamboo sticks
3. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
4. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(a) Life vests
(c) Inner tubes
5. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
2. The village men act out a dance with what?
3. Squid land on what part of the raft?
4. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
5. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
2. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
3. How do the natives honor the crew?
4. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
5. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
6. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
7. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
8. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
9. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
10. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)