|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
(a) Being eaten by sharks
(b) Being crushed
(d) Head injuries
2. Squid land on what part of the raft?
(c) Heyerdahl's bed
(d) Hut roof
3. Which crew member falls overboard?
4. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) It doesn't
(b) Attaching itself with its mouth
(c) By using a sucking disk
(d) By using its claws
5. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the natives' chief?
2. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
3. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
4. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
5. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
2. How do the natives honor the crew?
3. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
4. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
5. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
6. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
7. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
8. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
9. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
10. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)