|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 1000 feet
(b) 500 feet
(c) 750 feet
(d) 260 feet
2. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(c) Coconut shells
(d) Bamboo sticks
3. After missing the first island, the Kon-Tiki sails toward which island?
4. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Tangled grapevines
(b) Poison ivy
(c) Fragrant flowers
5. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) By using a sucking disk
(b) It doesn't
(c) By using its claws
(d) Attaching itself with its mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. Squid land on what part of the raft?
2. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
3. Which is NOT discovered on the island?
4. What sign gives the crew hope?
5. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
2. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
3. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
4. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
5. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
6. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
7. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
8. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
9. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
10. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)