|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign gives the crew hope?
(a) Repaired raft
(d) Sound of a plane engine
2. What is a frigate?
3. What is another sign of land?
4. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(a) Religious symbols
(b) Red rocks
(c) Stone birds
5. How is the boy cured?
(a) Soaking in salt water
(b) Advice from an American doctor
(c) A shaman's remedy
(d) Eating raw shark
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
2. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
3. What item needs constant maintenance?
4. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
5. Who is left behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
2. How do the natives honor the crew?
3. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
4. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
5. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
6. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
7. There is at least one thing that Heyerdahl feels he has in common with the ancients. What is it?
8. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
9. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
10. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)