|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(a) Religious symbols
(c) Red rocks
(d) Stone birds
2. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 260 feet
(b) 750 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 500 feet
3. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(a) Rat Pack
(b) Bing Crosby
4. What is the name of the natives' chief?
5. What do the crew discover alongside the new reef?
(b) Abandoned ship
(c) Dead body
(d) Whale colony
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
2. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
3. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
4. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
5. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
2. How do the natives honor the crew?
3. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
4. Pilot fish are some of the fish that accompany the raft during the trip. How does Heyerdahl describe the pilot fish?
5. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
6. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
7. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
8. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
9. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
10. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)