|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(c) Inner tubes
(d) Life vests
2. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
3. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(a) Naval tug
(c) Speed boat
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. What item needs constant maintenance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left behind?
2. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
3. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
4. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
5. How many people live on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
2. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
3. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
4. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
5. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
6. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
7. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
8. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
9. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
10. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)