|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
(a) Crew drops anchor
(b) Current changes
(c) Water rises
(d) Heyerdahl changes course
2. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(c) Play dead
3. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(c) Early evening
4. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(a) Cold water
(b) Mulled Cider
(c) Coconut milk
5. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
2. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
3. What is the plural of octopus?
4. What is another name for Easter Island?
5. What word is used to describe the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
2. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
3. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
4. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
5. Pilot fish are some of the fish that accompany the raft during the trip. How does Heyerdahl describe the pilot fish?
6. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
7. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
8. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
9. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
10. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)