|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(c) Explorers Club
2. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) Attaching itself with its mouth
(b) By using a sucking disk
(c) It doesn't
(d) By using its claws
3. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(b) Whale sharks
(d) Crew members
4. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
5. Squid land on what part of the raft?
(c) Hut roof
(d) Heyerdahl's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a frigate?
2. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
3. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
4. What do the men do to recover?
5. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
2. How do the natives honor the crew?
3. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
4. Pilot fish are some of the fish that accompany the raft during the trip. How does Heyerdahl describe the pilot fish?
5. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
6. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
7. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
8. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
9. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
10. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)