|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
(a) Dead fish
2. What causes some of the ropes to break?
3. What seems to welcome the men?
(c) Pilot fish
4. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(b) South Sea Islands
5. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 7 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 5 days
(d) 4 days
Short Answer Questions
1. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
2. What is another sign of land?
3. What item needs constant maintenance?
4. What do the men do to recover?
5. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
2. There is at least one thing that Heyerdahl feels he has in common with the ancients. What is it?
3. How do the natives honor the crew?
4. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
5. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
6. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
7. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
8. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
9. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
10. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)