|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(b) Fire ants`
(d) Head hunters
2. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
3. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(b) Coconut milk
(c) Cold water
(d) Mulled Cider
4. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
(d) Swimming ability
5. What is the name of the first island?
(a) Pango Pango
(b) Puka Puka
(d) Bora Bora
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the boy cured?
2. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
3. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
4. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
5. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
2. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
3. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
4. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
5. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
6. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
7. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
8. There is at least one thing that Heyerdahl feels he has in common with the ancients. What is it?
9. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
10. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)