|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
(a) Squid and Jellyfish
(b) Whales and dolphins
(c) Octopus and Squid
(d) Sharks and Stingrays
2. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
3. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail southward
(b) Sail northward
(c) Harness the wind
(d) Wait out the current
4. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Throw rocks
(b) Slap the water
(c) They don't
5. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
2. What word is used to describe the crew?
3. What is the plural of octopus?
4. How long does the big storm last?
5. What is another sign of land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
2. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
3. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
4. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
5. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
6. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
7. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
8. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
9. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
10. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)