|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(a) Play dead
2. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
(a) Delays in the trip
(b) Losing the dinghy
(c) Presence of sharks
3. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(a) Religious symbols
(b) Stone birds
(d) Red rocks
4. From what ailment does the little boy suffer?
(a) Chicken pox
(d) High fever
5. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
2. Squid land on what part of the raft?
3. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
4. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
5. What word is used to describe the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
2. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
3. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
4. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
5. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
6. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
7. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
8. There is one thing that turns out to be advantageous to a raft that would be dangerous to a boat. What is it? What is the advantage?
9. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
10. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)