|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
(c) Roller coaster
2. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They clamor for attention
(b) They float calmly
(c) They disappear
(d) Violent frenzy
3. What is another name for South America?
(a) The Land Down Under
(b) Heart of Haiti
(c) Navel of the Islands
(d) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
4. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
5. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(a) South Sea Islands
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first island?
2. What is another name for Easter Island?
3. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
4. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
5. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
2. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
3. What item was destroyed on Easter Island that may have detailed the region's history? Who destroyed the item?
4. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
5. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
6. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
7. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
8. How do the natives honor the crew?
9. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
10. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)