|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(b) Coconut shells
(d) Bamboo sticks
2. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
3. What is another name for South America?
(a) The Land Down Under
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Navel of the Islands
(d) Heart of Haiti
4. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
5. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
(b) Stone work
(c) Hunting and fishing
(d) Boat building
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage do the men enjoy?
2. Which crew member falls overboard?
3. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
4. What seems to welcome the men?
5. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
2. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
3. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
4. There is at least one thing that Heyerdahl feels he has in common with the ancients. What is it?
5. How did Easter Island get its name? What about the island changed at that time?
6. What evidence is there of the stone work on Easter Island? How did it change?
7. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
8. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
9. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
10. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)