|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(a) New York
2. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(b) South Sea Islands
3. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(a) Fire ants`
(b) Head hunters
4. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
5. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail northward
(b) Sail southward
(c) Wait out the current
(d) Harness the wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
2. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
3. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
2. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
3. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
4. What hinders the Kon-Tiki from traveling to a second island?
5. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
6. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
7. What danger attacks two crew members? How do they escape?
8. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
9. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
10. Pilot fish are some of the fish that accompany the raft during the trip. How does Heyerdahl describe the pilot fish?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)