|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
2. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Tiki Island
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Great Rapa
(d) Little Rapa
3. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(d) Bad navigation skills
4. What causes some of the ropes to break?
5. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(a) Head hunters
(d) Fire ants`
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
2. Squid land on what part of the raft?
3. What is the name of the natives' chief?
4. Who is left behind?
5. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
2. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
3. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
4. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
5. Why do the crew members take the dinghy into the water? What is their reaction?
6. How is the crew rescued? Where are they taken and by who?
7. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
8. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
9. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
10. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)