|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(b) Play dead
2. Which crew member falls overboard?
3. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
4. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
5. What item needs constant maintenance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a frigate?
2. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
3. What seems to welcome the men?
4. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
5. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
2. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
3. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
4. Pilot fish are some of the fish that accompany the raft during the trip. How does Heyerdahl describe the pilot fish?
5. How do the men keep occupied while out on the sea? How are conflicts handled?
6. Naval experts warned the crew about certain sea life. What fish was the crew warned about and how did the crew aim to protect themselves from attack?
7. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
8. What topic is discussed by Thor and Teka? What is Teka's reaction to Thor's theory?
9. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
10. Heyerdahl thinks about how the ancients might have gathered or transported water. What were his conclusions?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)