|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet is given to Herman?
2. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(c) Steam engine
(d) Bow and arrow
3. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 10 hours
(c) 6 hours
(d) 2 hours
4. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(b) Prince Edward Island
(c) Fatu Hiva
5. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 3 tons
(b) 25 tons
(c) 15 tons
(d) 12 tons
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
2. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
3. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
4. How does Angelo kill the snake?
5. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
2. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
3. What piece of information strengthens Heyerdahl's theory?
4. How many trees are felled by the men? Why are the trees named before they are cut down?
5. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
6. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
7. Why does the Kon-Tiki nearly make an unscheduled stop on the Galapagos Islands? Why is the landing aborted?
8. What two things did the naval experts warn Heyerdahl about before the trip?
9. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
10. What is the purpose Heyerdahl presents his manuscript to Carl? What is Carl's authority?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)