|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
2. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(a) Smoky Mountains
(b) Rocky Mountains
3. Which crew member is responsible for the act?
4. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
5. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(c) Dynamic sail
(d) Double oars
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
2. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
3. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
4. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
5. The chief god was related to what element?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs after Heyerdahl tries to establish a contact with an old military connection. Why does Heyerdahl make the contact?
2. What is Peter Freuchen's opinion on the updated expedition equipment? Explain.
3. How many trees are felled by the men? Why are the trees named before they are cut down?
4. How do the Polynesians record the history of their people?
5. Why was the translator of little use to Heyerdahl and Watzinger? What was the result?
6. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
7. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
8. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
9. How does Heyerdahl come to formulate the plan for the trip? What are the reactions of his friends and colleagues?
10. What/where is Quito? What warning is received in regards to it?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)