|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(b) Rikki Tiki
(d) Kon Tiki
2. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(b) Greenwich Village
3. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(b) Prince Edward Island
(c) Fatu Hiva
4. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Canary Islands
(b) Pacific Islands
5. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 71 miles
(b) 87 miles
(c) 98 miles
(d) 64 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
2. How many crew members work together on a shift?
3. Heyerdahl receives a letter from whom?
4. Which crew member is responsible for the act?
5. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the translator of little use to Heyerdahl and Watzinger? What was the result?
2. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
3. What was the main similarity between the cultures that further convinced Heyerdahl?
4. How do the Polynesians record the history of their people?
5. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
6. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
7. Heyerdahl's financing falls through and the trip is in jeopardy. How is the trip saved?
8. Why do the crew members establish rotating shifts? How is the plan organized?
9. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
10. What is Peter Freuchen's opinion on the updated expedition equipment? Explain.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)