|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 16 days
(b) One week
(c) 12 days
(d) One month
2. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(b) Runs it over
3. How do the men get to the jungle?
4. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 80 days
(b) 103 days
(c) 97 days
(d) 112 days
5. What is another name for the people of this region?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which country was the chief god expelled?
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
3. Who is Peter Freuchen?
4. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period? What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research? World War II World War I Stock market crash Assassination of JFK Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory? New York Tokyo London Honolulu
5. What mountain range do the men encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
2. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
3. What occurs after Heyerdahl tries to establish a contact with an old military connection. Why does Heyerdahl make the contact?
4. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
5. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
6. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
7. Why do the crew members establish rotating shifts? How is the plan organized?
8. What two things did the naval experts warn Heyerdahl about before the trip?
9. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
10. Why does Heyerdahl go to the Norwegian's Sailor's Home? What does the author learn there?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)