|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(a) His wife
(d) Tei Tetua
2. What year did the second wave of settlers arrive?
(a) 1100 A.D.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 700 A.D.
(d) 1300 A.D.
3. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
4. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian President
(b) American Ambassador
(c) Peruvian Marine Minister
(d) Otto Munthe-Kaas
5. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
2. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
3. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
4. How does Angelo kill the snake?
5. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many trees are felled by the men? Why are the trees named before they are cut down?
2. What unusual fish is observed from the raft? What becomes of the fish?
3. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
4. Why did Heyerdahl stop work on the hypothesis of the islands? Heyerdahl went into military service during World War II but resumed the work after the war was over.
5. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
6. Why does the Kon-Tiki nearly make an unscheduled stop on the Galapagos Islands? Why is the landing aborted?
7. Why was the translator of little use to Heyerdahl and Watzinger? What was the result?
8. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
9. What is the purpose Heyerdahl presents his manuscript to Carl? What is Carl's authority?
10. What piece of information strengthens Heyerdahl's theory?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)