|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
(a) Bermuda Triangle
(c) Galapagos Islands
(d) Coral reef system
2. What is the profession of Reveredo?
3. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Balsa logs
(b) Chain saw
4. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
5. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
2. The chief god was related to what element?
3. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
4. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
5. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
2. What is Peter Freuchen's opinion on the updated expedition equipment? Explain.
3. Why do the crew members establish rotating shifts? How is the plan organized?
4. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
5. How do the Polynesians record the history of their people?
6. What/where is Quito? What warning is received in regards to it?
7. What occurs after Heyerdahl tries to establish a contact with an old military connection. Why does Heyerdahl make the contact?
8. What was the main similarity between the cultures that further convinced Heyerdahl?
9. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
10. Under what circumstances does Heyerdahl meet Colonel Haskin? How does the meeting benefit Heyerdahl?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)