|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet is given to Herman?
2. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
3. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(c) Runs it over
4. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(c) Peruvian president
5. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) U.S. Virgin Islands
(b) Marianna Islands
(c) Marquesas Islands
(d) Canary Islands
Short Answer Questions
1. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
2. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
3. What is thrown at the whale shark?
4. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
5. The chief god was related to what element?
Short Essay Questions
1. Herman is given a pet before the Kon-Tiki sets sail. What is the pet and what happens to it?
2. What is Peter Freuchen's opinion on the updated expedition equipment? Explain.
3. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
4. Why does the Kon-Tiki nearly make an unscheduled stop on the Galapagos Islands? Why is the landing aborted?
5. What items did the first European explorers discover on the Pacific Islands?
6. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
7. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
8. Why does Heyerdahl go to the Norwegian's Sailor's Home? What does the author learn there?
9. What piece of information strengthens Heyerdahl's theory?
10. Under what circumstances does Heyerdahl meet Colonel Haskin? How does the meeting benefit Heyerdahl?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)