|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(d) Pacific Islands
2. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
3. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(b) Capitol Hill
(c) White House
(d) Supreme Court
4. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
(a) Cari Tiki
(b) Ilda Tiki
(c) Rikki Tiki
(d) Kon Tiki
5. Where is the naval station located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
2. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
3. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
4. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
5. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
2. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
3. Why did Heyerdahl stop work on the hypothesis of the islands? Heyerdahl went into military service during World War II but resumed the work after the war was over.
4. Why does Heyerdahl go to the Norwegian's Sailor's Home? What does the author learn there?
5. Heyerdahl's financing falls through and the trip is in jeopardy. How is the trip saved?
6. What occurs after Heyerdahl tries to establish a contact with an old military connection. Why does Heyerdahl make the contact?
7. What items are found on the island and what do they indicate?
8. Where do the men nearly land? How do they determine the name?
9. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
10. How do the natives honor the crew?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)