|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
2. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) U.S. Secretary of Defense
(b) Military attache
(c) Peruvian Ambassador
(d) Norwegian Consul
3. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
(a) Ilda Tiki
(b) Rikki Tiki
(c) Cari Tiki
(d) Sun Tiki
4. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Jurassic Age
(b) Universal Age
(c) Industrial Revolution
(d) Stone Age
5. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(c) United States
Short Answer Questions
1. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
2. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
3. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
4. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
5. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
2. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
3. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
4. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
5. Why does Heyerdahl go to the Norwegian's Sailor's Home? What does the author learn there?
6. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
7. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
8. What/where is Quito? What warning is received in regards to it?
9. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
10. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)