|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Panam
(b) Lake Titicaca
(c) Lake Victoria
(d) Lake Huron
2. What pet is given to Herman?
3. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
4. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
5. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Reveredo?
2. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
3. The chief god was related to what element?
4. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
5. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
2. What occurs after Heyerdahl tries to establish a contact with an old military connection. Why does Heyerdahl make the contact?
3. What is Peter Freuchen's opinion on the updated expedition equipment? Explain.
4. How many trees are felled by the men? Why are the trees named before they are cut down?
5. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
6. Where is the final destination? Who invites/receives the crew?
7. What is Heyerdahl's explanation of the reality of the hut versus the waves?
8. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
9. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
10. The crew entertains themselves by playing with what dangerous sea creatures? How do they play with them?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)