Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
2. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Canary Islands
(b) Marquesas Islands
(c) U.S. Virgin Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
3. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 112 days
(b) 80 days
(c) 97 days
(d) 103 days
4. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
(c) Black widows
5. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
2. What year did the second wave of settlers arrive?
3. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
4. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
5. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
2. It is easy to see how one can become confused, considering the chief gods have various names. What were the names of the chief gods mentioned in the story?
3. What is the purpose Heyerdahl presents his manuscript to Carl? What is Carl's authority?
4. What two things did the naval experts warn Heyerdahl about before the trip?
5. What/where is Quito? What warning is received in regards to it?
6. What happens when the raft approaches Angatau?
7. What type of food do the men eat on board? What are the options?
8. Under what circumstances does Heyerdahl meet Colonel Haskin? How does the meeting benefit Heyerdahl?
9. What items did the first European explorers discover on the Pacific Islands?
10. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)