|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
2. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(b) Food supply
3. What pet is given to Herman?
4. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(a) Smoky Mountains
(d) Rocky Mountains
5. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(b) Car repair
(c) Navigator's license
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
2. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
3. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
4. How many crew members work together on a shift?
5. What language was the translator required to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things did the naval experts warn Heyerdahl about before the trip?
2. Heyerdahl's financing falls through and the trip is in jeopardy. How is the trip saved?
3. Why does the Kon-Tiki nearly make an unscheduled stop on the Galapagos Islands? Why is the landing aborted?
4. How do the Polynesians record the history of their people?
5. It is easy to see how one can become confused, considering the chief gods have various names. What were the names of the chief gods mentioned in the story?
6. What was the first observation that led Heyerdahl to develop the theory about the Pacific Islands?
7. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
8. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
9. What is the purpose Heyerdahl presents his manuscript to Carl? What is Carl's authority?
10. Why did Heyerdahl stop work on the hypothesis of the islands? Heyerdahl went into military service during World War II but resumed the work after the war was over.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)