|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(c) Runs it over
2. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
(d) Flying fish
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Pacific Islands
(b) Canary Islands
4. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(b) Homeless shelter
(c) Norwegian Sailor's Home
(d) Carl's house
5. From which country was the chief god expelled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet is given to Herman?
2. What is another name for the people of this region?
3. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
4. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
5. What is Bengt's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Herman is given a pet before the Kon-Tiki sets sail. What is the pet and what happens to it?
2. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
3. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
4. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
5. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
6. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
7. It is easy to see how one can become confused, considering the chief gods have various names. What were the names of the chief gods mentioned in the story?
8. What/where is Quito? What warning is received in regards to it?
9. What is the Peruvian President's interest in the expedition? Does the president help or hinder the expedition?
10. Why was the translator of little use to Heyerdahl and Watzinger? What was the result?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)