|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
2. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
3. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
(c) Flying fish
4. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
5. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(a) Dynamic sail
(d) Double oars
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
2. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
3. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
4. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
5. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
2. Why do the crew members establish rotating shifts? How is the plan organized?
3. Heyerdahl's financing falls through and the trip is in jeopardy. How is the trip saved?
4. Why did Heyerdahl stop work on the hypothesis of the islands? Heyerdahl went into military service during World War II but resumed the work after the war was over.
5. Why does Heyerdahl go to the Norwegian's Sailor's Home? What does the author learn there?
6. It is easy to see how one can become confused, considering the chief gods have various names. What were the names of the chief gods mentioned in the story?
7. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
8. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
9. How many trees are felled by the men? Why are the trees named before they are cut down?
10. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)