|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(b) Herman's leg
(d) Tug lines
2. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) A crew member
(d) Empty food cans
3. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
(a) Seafarers Club
(b) Midnight Club
(c) Explorers Club
(d) Cotton Club
4. Who arranges to find the first tree?
5. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
2. What is Bengt's profession?
3. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
4. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
5. How do the men get to the jungle?
Short Essay Questions
1. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
2. How do Heyerdahl and Watzinger procure the necessary items for their trip into the Andes?
3. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
4. The men face much natural interference in their trek into the jungle. What happens?
5. How do the Polynesians record the history of their people?
6. Under what circumstances does Heyerdahl meet Colonel Haskin? How does the meeting benefit Heyerdahl?
7. What two things did the naval experts warn Heyerdahl about before the trip?
8. What other story from Peruvian history mirrors that of the natives of the Pacific Islands?
9. What is the purpose of the trip to Guayaquil?
10. Why did Heyerdahl stop work on the hypothesis of the islands? Heyerdahl went into military service during World War II but resumed the work after the war was over.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)