|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(b) Smoky Mountains
(c) Rocky Mountains
2. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
(a) Black widows
3. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
4. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Victoria
(b) Lake Titicaca
(c) Lake Panam
(d) Lake Huron
5. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(c) Oral history
(d) Drum circles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
2. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
3. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
4. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
5. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does the crew make contact? How is the contact made?
2. How does the crew avoid hitting the Takume and Raroia reefs? What is the result?
3. What is the Guardian Rios? What is its purpose?
4. What type of pet is adopted by the crew while out at sea? What does the pet eat?
5. What causes the men to rethink the landing on the island?
6. What items did the first European explorers discover on the Pacific Islands?
7. What is Bengt's comment regarding the near collision and trip to the island?
8. Who is Wilhelm and why is his role important in the story?
9. What are the names given to the South Sea Islands?
10. While aboard the Kon-Tiki, one of the crew members suffers from an ailment. What is the ailment? Which crew member suffers? What is done to help?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)