|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(a) New York
2. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
3. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Harness the wind
(b) Sail southward
(c) Sail northward
(d) Wait out the current
4. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
5. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(b) Flying fish
6. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 1,979 miles
(b) 2,000 miles
(c) 2,150 miles
(d) 1,878 miles
7. What word is used to describe the crew?
8. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(c) Whale Shark
9. What is the name of the natives' chief?
10. What do the crew discover alongside the new reef?
(a) Whale colony
(b) Dead body
(c) Abandoned ship
11. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(b) Native chief
(d) Ship's captain
12. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
(a) 60 yards
(b) 100 yards
(c) 25 yards
(d) 60 feet
13. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
14. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(a) Cold water
(b) Coconut milk
(d) Mulled Cider
15. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
(b) Hunting and fishing
(c) Stone work
(d) Boat building
Short Answer Questions
1. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
2. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
3. How long does the big storm last?
4. What is another sign of land?
5. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)