|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Wait out the current
(b) Sail northward
(c) Sail southward
(d) Harness the wind
2. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(d) Bad navigation skills
3. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
4. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
5. From what ailment does the little boy suffer?
(a) High fever
(d) Chicken pox
6. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(a) Bing Crosby
(b) Rat Pack
7. Which crew member falls overboard?
8. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 2,000 miles
(b) 1,979 miles
(c) 1,878 miles
(d) 2,150 miles
9. What sign gives the crew hope?
(b) Repaired raft
(c) Sound of a plane engine
10. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
11. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) Attaching itself with its mouth
(b) By using a sucking disk
(c) By using its claws
(d) It doesn't
12. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
(b) Smoke signals
(c) Palm trees
13. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(c) South Sea Islands
14. What item needs constant maintenance?
15. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(a) Inner tubes
(c) Life vests
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plural of octopus?
2. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
3. Squid land on what part of the raft?
4. What is a frigate?
5. What is the name of the first island?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)