|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
2. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
(a) 8-11 feet
(b) 6-10 feet
(c) 7-10 feet
(d) 10-12 feet
3. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
(a) Stone work
(b) Hunting and fishing
(d) Boat building
4. What word is used to describe the crew?
5. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Throw rocks
(b) They don't
(d) Slap the water
6. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(d) Play dead
7. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(b) Naval tug
(c) Speed boat
8. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
9. What causes some of the ropes to break?
10. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(d) New York
11. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
(a) Losing the dinghy
(c) Presence of sharks
(d) Delays in the trip
12. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(a) Crew members
(c) Whale sharks
13. What is another name for South America?
(a) Heart of Haiti
(b) The Land Down Under
(c) Navel of the Islands
(d) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
14. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(c) Cocoa leaves
(d) Raw fish
15. What does Knut cook for dinner?
(b) Pilot fish
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left behind?
2. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
3. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
4. Squid land on what part of the raft?
5. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)