|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
2. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Great Rapa
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Little Rapa
(d) Tiki Island
3. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(b) Early evening
4. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(b) South Sea Islands
5. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
6. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(b) New York
7. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
8. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(a) Whale Shark
9. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
(b) Dead fish
10. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
11. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(a) Speed boat
(c) Naval tug
12. Squid land on what part of the raft?
(a) Heyerdahl's bed
(b) Hut roof
13. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(c) Head hunters
(d) Fire ants`
14. What do the men do to recover?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Go ashore
(c) Smoke cigars
(d) Go inside the hut
15. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
Short Answer Questions
1. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
2. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
3. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
4. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
5. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)