|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 3 days
(b) 5 days
(c) 7 days
(d) 4 days
2. What is the name of the natives' chief?
3. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
4. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
(a) Presence of sharks
(c) Delays in the trip
(d) Losing the dinghy
5. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
6. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
7. What is another sign of land?
8. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
9. What is the plural of octopus?
10. Who is left behind?
11. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(a) Stone birds
(b) Religious symbols
(c) Red rocks
12. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(a) Flying fish
13. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
14. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(b) Bing Crosby
(c) Rat Pack
15. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(c) Ship's captain
(d) Native chief
Short Answer Questions
1. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
2. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
3. What causes the raft to get stuck?
4. What word is used to describe the crew?
5. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)