|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail northward
(b) Wait out the current
(c) Harness the wind
(d) Sail southward
2. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
3. What is the name of the natives' chief?
4. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Swimming ability
5. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
6. How many people live on the island?
7. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They float calmly
(b) They clamor for attention
(c) Violent frenzy
(d) They disappear
8. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
9. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
10. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
11. What word is used to describe the crew?
12. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(d) Play dead
13. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
14. Who is left behind?
15. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the fish remain stuck?
2. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
3. What time of day is the first island discovered?
4. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
5. What is another sign of land?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)