|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(d) Explorers Club
2. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(a) Whale sharks
(b) Crew members
3. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
4. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
5. What language does one of the natives speak?
6. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(a) Early evening
7. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(a) Coconut milk
(c) Mulled Cider
(d) Cold water
8. What is the plural of octopus?
9. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(a) Ship's captain
(b) Native chief
10. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
11. What do the men do to recover?
(a) Smoke cigars
(b) Go ashore
(c) Get drunk
(d) Go inside the hut
12. What causes some of the ropes to break?
13. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
(a) 8-11 feet
(b) 10-12 feet
(c) 6-10 feet
(d) 7-10 feet
14. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(b) Cocoa leaves
(d) Raw fish
15. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 260 feet
(b) 1000 feet
(c) 500 feet
(d) 750 feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knut cook for dinner?
2. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
3. What is a frigate?
4. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
5. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)