|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
2. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(a) Polynesian names
(b) Native jewlery
(d) A Kon-Tiki anthem
3. What does Knut cook for dinner?
(b) Pilot fish
4. The village men act out a dance with what?
(a) Sea monster
(c) Bamboo torches
5. Squid land on what part of the raft?
(a) Hut roof
(d) Heyerdahl's bed
6. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
(a) Squid and Jellyfish
(b) Octopus and Squid
(c) Sharks and Stingrays
(d) Whales and dolphins
7. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(b) Ship's captain
(c) Native chief
8. How is the boy cured?
(a) A shaman's remedy
(b) Advice from an American doctor
(c) Soaking in salt water
(d) Eating raw shark
9. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
(a) Being crushed
(b) Being eaten by sharks
(d) Head injuries
10. What item needs constant maintenance?
11. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(a) Life vests
(c) Inner tubes
12. From what ailment does the little boy suffer?
(a) High fever
(c) Chicken pox
13. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Tangled grapevines
(c) Fragrant flowers
(d) Poison ivy
14. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(b) Play dead
15. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(c) Explorers Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew discover alongside the new reef?
2. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
3. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
4. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
5. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)