|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first island?
(a) Puka Puka
(c) Pango Pango
(d) Bora Bora
2. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
(a) Presence of sharks
(b) Losing the dinghy
(d) Delays in the trip
3. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 260 feet
(b) 750 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 500 feet
4. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Little Rapa
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Great Rapa
(d) Tiki Island
5. After missing the first island, the Kon-Tiki sails toward which island?
6. What causes some of the ropes to break?
7. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(a) Polynesian names
(b) Native jewlery
(d) A Kon-Tiki anthem
8. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
(b) Palm trees
(c) Smoke signals
9. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
10. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
(a) Octopus and Squid
(b) Squid and Jellyfish
(c) Whales and dolphins
(d) Sharks and Stingrays
11. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(b) Flying fish
12. Who is left behind?
13. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(a) Coconut milk
(c) Mulled Cider
(d) Cold water
14. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(b) Religious symbols
(c) Stone birds
(d) Red rocks
15. Squid land on what part of the raft?
(c) Hut roof
(d) Heyerdahl's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
2. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
3. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
4. How is the boy cured?
5. What language does one of the natives speak?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)