|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to welcome the men?
(d) Pilot fish
2. Which is NOT discovered on the island?
(a) Poisonous eels
(d) Abandoned hut
3. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(a) Rat Pack
(d) Bing Crosby
4. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
(a) Delays in the trip
(c) Presence of sharks
(d) Losing the dinghy
5. What is another sign of land?
6. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
7. What language does one of the natives speak?
8. What sign gives the crew hope?
(b) Repaired raft
(c) Sound of a plane engine
9. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
10. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(b) Cocoa leaves
(c) Raw fish
11. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
12. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
13. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
14. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
15. What is a frigate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
2. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
3. What word is used to describe the crew?
4. How many people live on the island?
5. Squid land on what part of the raft?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)