|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
2. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(a) Explorers Club
3. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(c) Play dead
4. What is another sign of land?
5. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(c) New York
6. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
7. From what ailment does the little boy suffer?
(a) High fever
(b) Chicken pox
8. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
9. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
(c) Dead fish
10. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Tangled grapevines
(c) Poison ivy
(d) Fragrant flowers
11. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
12. The village men act out a dance with what?
(b) Sea monster
(c) Bamboo torches
13. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) Attaching itself with its mouth
(b) By using its claws
(c) By using a sucking disk
(d) It doesn't
14. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
(a) Octopus and Squid
(b) Squid and Jellyfish
(c) Whales and dolphins
(d) Sharks and Stingrays
15. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
2. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
3. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
4. What is the name of the first island?
5. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)