|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Tiki Island
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Little Rapa
(d) Great Rapa
2. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(b) Native chief
(c) Ship's captain
3. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(b) Crew members
(d) Whale sharks
4. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(c) Flying fish
5. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 5 days
(b) 7 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 4 days
6. What do the crew discover alongside the new reef?
(a) Abandoned ship
(b) Whale colony
(c) Dead body
7. What is the plural of octopus?
8. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(a) Bad navigation skills
9. Who is left behind?
10. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Throw rocks
(c) Slap the water
(d) They don't
11. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
(a) Palm trees
(b) Smoke signals
12. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
13. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 500 feet
(b) 750 feet
(c) 260 feet
(d) 1000 feet
14. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(b) Fragrant flowers
(c) Poison ivy
(d) Tangled grapevines
15. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
2. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
3. What causes some of the ropes to break?
4. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
5. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)