|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first island?
(b) Bora Bora
(c) Puka Puka
(d) Pango Pango
2. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(c) Coconut shells
(d) Bamboo sticks
3. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Great Rapa
(b) Little Rapa
(c) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(d) Tiki Island
4. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
5. What do the crew discover alongside the new reef?
(a) Whale colony
(b) Abandoned ship
(c) Dead body
6. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 5 days
(b) 7 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 4 days
7. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(a) Raw fish
(c) Cocoa leaves
8. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
(b) Movie magic
9. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
10. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(b) Head hunters
(d) Fire ants`
11. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
12. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(c) Whale sharks
(d) Crew members
13. What is the plural of octopus?
14. What language does one of the natives speak?
15. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Fragrant flowers
(b) Tangled grapevines
(d) Poison ivy
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
2. What is another sign of land?
3. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
4. The village men act out a dance with what?
5. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)