|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
2. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(b) Whale sharks
(c) Crew members
3. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
4. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
5. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
(a) 60 yards
(b) 60 feet
(c) 100 yards
(d) 25 yards
6. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 1,878 miles
(b) 1,979 miles
(c) 2,150 miles
(d) 2,000 miles
7. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(a) Inner tubes
(b) Life vests
8. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(b) A Kon-Tiki anthem
(c) Polynesian names
(d) Native jewlery
9. Which crew member falls overboard?
10. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
11. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail southward
(b) Wait out the current
(c) Sail northward
(d) Harness the wind
12. What does Knut cook for dinner?
(c) Pilot fish
13. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
14. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(c) Whale Shark
15. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
2. How long does the big storm last?
3. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
4. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
5. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)