|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(c) Early evening
2. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
(a) 60 feet
(b) 25 yards
(c) 60 yards
(d) 100 yards
3. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
4. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(a) Bad navigation skills
5. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(d) South Sea Islands
6. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 2,000 miles
(b) 2,150 miles
(c) 1,878 miles
(d) 1,979 miles
7. What weapons do the crew members sleep with?
(c) Bamboo poles
8. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
(a) Crew drops anchor
(b) Water rises
(c) Heyerdahl changes course
(d) Current changes
9. What beverage do the men enjoy?
(a) Coconut milk
(b) Mulled Cider
(c) Cold water
10. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(b) Fire ants`
(c) Head hunters
11. What does Knut cook for dinner?
(a) Pilot fish
12. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 3 days
(b) 5 days
(c) 4 days
(d) 7 days
13. What word is used to describe the crew?
14. The village men act out a dance with what?
(b) Bamboo torches
(d) Sea monster
15. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
2. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
3. From what ailment does the little boy suffer?
4. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
5. Who is left behind?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)