|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 2,000 miles
(b) 1,979 miles
(c) 1,878 miles
(d) 2,150 miles
2. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(a) Naval tug
(c) Speed boat
3. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(d) Early evening
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(a) Native chief
(c) Ship's captain
6. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
7. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(c) Explorers Club
8. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
9. Which is NOT discovered on the island?
(b) Poisonous eels
(c) Abandoned hut
10. What is another name for South America?
(a) Heart of Haiti
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Navel of the Islands
(d) The Land Down Under
11. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(b) Inner tubes
(d) Life vests
12. What does Knut cook for dinner?
(b) Pilot fish
13. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
(d) Movie magic
14. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Slap the water
(b) They don't
(d) Throw rocks
15. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
2. What seems to welcome the men?
3. To what year does Heyerdahl refer in conjunction with time?
4. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
5. What sign gives the crew hope?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)