|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They float calmly
(b) Violent frenzy
(c) They disappear
(d) They clamor for attention
2. Which is NOT discovered on the island?
(b) Abandoned hut
(d) Poisonous eels
3. What is the name of the first island?
(a) Puka Puka
(b) Pango Pango
(d) Bora Bora
4. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Whale Shark
5. What item needs constant maintenance?
6. What language does one of the natives speak?
7. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
8. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
9. What do the men do to recover?
(a) Smoke cigars
(b) Get drunk
(c) Go inside the hut
(d) Go ashore
10. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
11. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(a) A Kon-Tiki anthem
(c) Native jewlery
(d) Polynesian names
12. Squid have the unusual ability to do what?
(c) Play dead
13. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
14. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
15. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail northward
(b) Sail southward
(c) Wait out the current
(d) Harness the wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
2. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
3. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
4. What seems to welcome the men?
5. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)