|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item needs constant maintenance?
2. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
3. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
(a) Current changes
(b) Heyerdahl changes course
(c) Crew drops anchor
(d) Water rises
4. What language is taught to Herman's parrot?
5. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 4 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 7 days
(d) 5 days
6. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(b) South Sea Islands
7. How many people live on the island?
8. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(a) Polynesian names
(b) A Kon-Tiki anthem
(d) Native jewlery
9. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
10. Which flag is not among those raised by the crew?
(b) Explorers Club
11. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
12. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(b) Speed boat
(c) Naval tug
13. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(c) Native chief
(d) Ship's captain
14. How is the boy cured?
(a) Soaking in salt water
(b) A shaman's remedy
(c) Advice from an American doctor
(d) Eating raw shark
15. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Fragrant flowers
(b) Poison ivy
(d) Tangled grapevines
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
2. What is another sign of land?
3. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
4. What is the name of the natives' chief?
5. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)