|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many storms are faced by the crew at this time?
2. What item needs constant maintenance?
3. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(a) Flying fish
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(b) Crew members
(d) Whale sharks
6. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They float calmly
(b) They clamor for attention
(c) They disappear
(d) Violent frenzy
7. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
(a) Current changes
(b) Water rises
(c) Crew drops anchor
(d) Heyerdahl changes course
8. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
(b) Movie magic
9. Heyerdahl thinks that the first voyagers may have had what color of hair?
10. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(a) Raw fish
(b) Cocoa leaves
11. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
12. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(c) Early evening
13. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Whale Shark
14. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(d) Bad navigation skills
15. Which crew member falls overboard?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the fish remain stuck?
2. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
3. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
4. What is the name of the first island?
5. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)