|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons do the crew members sleep with?
(b) Bamboo poles
2. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
3. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
(a) Boat building
(c) Hunting and fishing
(d) Stone work
4. What causes some of the ropes to break?
5. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
(c) Smoke signals
(d) Palm trees
6. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(a) Whale Shark
7. What is the name of the natives' chief?
8. What type of fish is known to stick to sharks?
9. By what are some of the crew attacked?
(b) Head hunters
(d) Fire ants`
10. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
11. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Sail northward
(b) Sail southward
(c) Harness the wind
(d) Wait out the current
12. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(a) Ship's captain
(d) Native chief
13. How long does the big storm last?
(a) 7 days
(b) 5 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 4 days
14. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
(a) Current changes
(b) Water rises
(c) Heyerdahl changes course
(d) Crew drops anchor
15. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
2. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
3. Who is left behind?
4. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
5. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)