|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
2. Which crew member falls overboard?
3. What sign gives the crew hope?
(c) Repaired raft
(d) Sound of a plane engine
4. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
5. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 2,000 miles
(b) 1,878 miles
(c) 2,150 miles
(d) 1,979 miles
6. The crew learns to use what as a navigation tool?
7. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
(b) Flying fish
8. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) Throw rocks
(b) Slap the water
(c) They don't
9. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
(c) South Sea Islands
10. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
11. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(a) Raw fish
(d) Cocoa leaves
12. How long are the reefs encountered by the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 20-30 yards
(b) 40-60 yards
(c) 70-80 feet
(d) 40-50 feet
13. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(a) Naval tug
(c) Speed boat
14. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(a) Rat Pack
(d) Bing Crosby
15. What is floating in the ocean along with the crabs?
(c) Dead fish
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left behind?
2. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
3. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
4. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
5. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)