|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of boat is sent to pick up the crew?
(c) Speed boat
(d) Naval tug
2. Which of these is NOT presented to the crew by the natives?
(a) Native jewlery
(b) A Kon-Tiki anthem
(c) Polynesian names
3. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
(c) Smoke signals
(d) Palm trees
4. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(d) Whale Shark
5. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
6. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
(b) Head injuries
(c) Being eaten by sharks
(d) Being crushed
7. What is the name of the natives' chief?
8. What is the name of the first island?
(a) Pango Pango
(b) Bora Bora
(d) Puka Puka
9. What distinguishing mark did the ancients have?
10. What is another sign of land?
11. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
12. How is the boy cured?
(a) A shaman's remedy
(b) Eating raw shark
(c) Advice from an American doctor
(d) Soaking in salt water
13. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) Attaching itself with its mouth
(b) It doesn't
(c) By using its claws
(d) By using a sucking disk
14. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
15. What causes the raft to get stuck?
(b) Bad navigation skills
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the reefs encountered by the Kon-Tiki?
2. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
3. What is a frigate?
4. After missing the first island, the Kon-Tiki sails toward which island?
5. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)