|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief asks if Thor has heard of what celebrity/celebrities?
(c) Rat Pack
(d) Bing Crosby
2. What time of day is the first island discovered?
(c) Early evening
3. How long are the reefs encountered by the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 40-60 yards
(b) 20-30 yards
(c) 40-50 feet
(d) 70-80 feet
4. What is the name of the first island?
(b) Puka Puka
(c) Pango Pango
(d) Bora Bora
5. What is the name of the first person contacted by radio?
6. The village men act out a dance with what?
(a) Bamboo torches
(c) Sea monster
7. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
(a) Being eaten by sharks
(b) Being crushed
(c) Head injuries
8. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Wait out the current
(b) Sail southward
(c) Harness the wind
(d) Sail northward
9. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Swimming ability
10. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
11. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
(a) Roller coaster
12. Bengt likes to read books on what topic?
(c) Movie magic
13. In how many hours was the crew supposed to make contact?
14. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Poison ivy
(b) Tangled grapevines
(c) Fragrant flowers
15. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
(a) They don't
(c) Slap the water
(d) Throw rocks
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew realizes that what object no longer matters?
2. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
3. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
4. What causes the raft to get stuck?
5. What is the name of the natives' chief?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)