|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Universal Age
(b) Jurassic Age
(c) Stone Age
(d) Industrial Revolution
2. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
3. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
4. Heyerdahl receives a letter from whom?
(a) His mother
(b) Colonel Haskin
(d) His wife
5. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Living among a native tribe
(b) Taking a long vacation
(c) Writing a book
(d) Sailing across the Pacific
6. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
7. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
8. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(c) Easter Island statues
9. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 80 days
(b) 112 days
(c) 97 days
(d) 103 days
10. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
(a) Cari Tiki
(b) Sun Tiki
(c) Ilda Tiki
(d) Rikki Tiki
11. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 6 hours
(c) 3 hours
(d) 10 hours
12. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(a) Smoky Mountains
(c) Rocky Mountains
13. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(b) Norwegian Sailor's Home
(c) Homeless shelter
(d) Carl's house
14. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 25 tons
(b) 3 tons
(c) 15 tons
(d) 12 tons
15. What is another name for the people of this region?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thrown at the whale shark?
2. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
3. By whom were the white men massacred?
4. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
5. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)