|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
2. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
3. What is Bengt's profession?
(a) Navigation expert
4. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
(a) Town gossip
5. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
6. Heyerdahl receives a letter from whom?
(a) His wife
(b) Colonel Haskin
(d) His mother
7. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(a) Rikki Tiki
(c) Kon Tiki
8. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(b) Chief Cari
(c) Kon Tiki
9. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 98 miles
(b) 64 miles
(c) 87 miles
(d) 71 miles
10. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 65-70 miles per day
(b) 35-40 miles per day
(c) 75-80 miles per day
(d) 55-60 miles per day
11. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(d) Food supply
12. What/Who is Latacunga?
(a) Native Tribe
(c) Small boy
13. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 3 fathoms
(b) 7 fathoms
(c) 9 fathoms
(d) 5 fathoms
14. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(b) Peruvian president
15. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Huron
(b) Lake Panam
(c) Lake Titicaca
(d) Lake Victoria
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the naval station located?
2. From which country was the chief god expelled?
3. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
4. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
5. What mountain range do the men encounter?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)