|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
2. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 65-70 miles per day
(b) 55-60 miles per day
(c) 35-40 miles per day
(d) 75-80 miles per day
3. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Panam
(b) Lake Titicaca
(c) Lake Huron
(d) Lake Victoria
4. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(a) Navigator's license
(d) Car repair
5. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) Empty food cans
(c) A crew member
6. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(b) Easter Island statues
7. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 16 days
(b) 12 days
(c) One month
(d) One week
8. What/Who is Latacunga?
(a) Native Tribe
(b) Small boy
9. Where is the naval station located?
10. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(a) Peruvian president
11. What item does Alvarez give to Heyerdahl?
(b) Diplomatic passport
12. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 103 days
(b) 112 days
(c) 97 days
(d) 80 days
13. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
14. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
15. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) U.S. Virgin Islands
(b) Marianna Islands
(c) Marquesas Islands
(d) Canary Islands
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the people of this region?
2. Who arranges to find the first tree?
3. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
4. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
5. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)