|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(b) Navigator's license
(d) Car repair
2. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Bow and arrow
(b) Steam engine
3. How do the men get to the jungle?
4. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1100 A.D.
(d) 100 A.D.
5. What is another name for the people of this region?
6. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Huron
(b) Lake Victoria
(c) Lake Panam
(d) Lake Titicaca
7. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(b) United States
8. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
9. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(b) Chief Cari
(d) Kon Tiki
10. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian President
(b) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(c) Peruvian Marine Minister
(d) American Ambassador
11. What is the profession of the person who rejects the manuscript?
12. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Carl's house
(b) Homeless shelter
(c) Norwegian Sailor's Home
13. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) Assassination of JFK
(b) World War II
(c) Stock market crash
(d) World War I
14. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(a) Herman's leg
(b) Tug lines
15. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(c) Tei Tetua
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
2. From which country was the chief god expelled?
3. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
4. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
5. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)