|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Reveredo?
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(a) Kon Tiki
3. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
4. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
5. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
(d) Junior member
6. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
7. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
(b) Bermuda Triangle
(c) Coral reef system
(d) Galapagos Islands
8. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 26 pounds
(b) 34 pounds
(c) 15 pounds
(d) 12 pounds
9. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
10. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(b) Greenwich Village
11. What/Who is Latacunga?
(c) Native Tribe
(d) Small boy
12. Which crew member is responsible for the act?
13. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A Dutch navigation expert
(b) A Danish Arctic explorer
(c) A French engineer
(d) A Norwegian ethnologist
14. Where is the naval station located?
15. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian Marine Minister
(b) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(c) American Ambassador
(d) Peruvian President
Short Answer Questions
1. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
2. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
3. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
4. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
5. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)