|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(d) Kon Tiki
2. What does the Kon-Tiki rely on heavily?
(a) Navigation maps
3. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
4. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(c) Greenwich Village
5. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
6. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 16 days
(b) One week
(c) One month
(d) 12 days
7. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) World War II
(b) Assassination of JFK
(c) Stock market crash
(d) World War I
8. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 3 tons
(b) 12 tons
(c) 25 tons
(d) 15 tons
9. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Chain saw
(d) Balsa logs
10. By whom were the white men massacred?
(a) Kon Tiki
(b) Illa Tiki
(c) Chief Cari
11. Where is the naval station located?
12. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 71 miles
(b) 64 miles
(c) 87 miles
(d) 98 miles
13. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
14. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
15. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain range do the men encounter?
2. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
3. What item does Alvarez give to Heyerdahl?
4. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
5. What pet is given to Herman?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)