|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Taking a long vacation
(b) Living among a native tribe
(c) Sailing across the Pacific
(d) Writing a book
2. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(a) White House
(c) Capitol Hill
(d) Supreme Court
3. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
(a) South America
(c) Galapagos Islands
4. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 98 miles
(b) 87 miles
(c) 71 miles
(d) 64 miles
5. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
6. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(a) Empty food cans
(d) A crew member
7. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
(d) Junior member
8. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(a) Smoky Mountains
(d) Rocky Mountains
9. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(b) Peruvian president
10. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(a) Food supply
11. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Homeless shelter
(c) Carl's house
(d) Norwegian Sailor's Home
12. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(b) Jungle cat
(c) Fallen log
13. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
14. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(a) United States
15. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
2. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
3. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
4. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
5. What language was the translator required to speak?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)