|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
2. How many crew members work together on a shift?
3. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(a) Prince Edward Island
(d) Fatu Hiva
4. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
5. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 25 tons
(b) 12 tons
(c) 15 tons
(d) 3 tons
6. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
7. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 25 years
(b) 50 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 10 years
8. What language was the translator required to speak?
9. From which country was the chief god expelled?
10. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(b) Navigator's license
(d) Car repair
11. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
12. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(c) Tei Tutua
(d) King Kemah Mahe
13. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Homeless shelter
(b) Carl's house
(d) Norwegian Sailor's Home
14. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) A crew member
(d) Empty food cans
15. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) Peruvian Ambassador
(b) Military attache
(c) Norwegian Consul
(d) U.S. Secretary of Defense
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
4. What is the profession of Reveredo?
5. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)