|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Victoria
(b) Lake Huron
(c) Lake Panam
(d) Lake Titicaca
2. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
(a) Kon Tiki
(b) Cari Tiki
(c) Ilda Tiki
(d) Rikki Tiki
3. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Uncharted waters
(b) Strong currents
(c) Trade winds
(d) Difficult navigation
4. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
5. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 12 tons
(b) 3 tons
(c) 25 tons
(d) 15 tons
6. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
7. What item does Alvarez give to Heyerdahl?
(b) Diplomatic passport
8. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1100 A.D.
(d) 100 A.D.
9. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
10. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(a) Kon Tiki
11. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
12. What year did the second wave of settlers arrive?
(a) 1100 A.D.
(b) 1300 A.D.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 700 A.D.
13. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(c) His wife
(d) Tei Tetua
14. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Pacific Islands
(d) Canary Islands
15. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) Peruvian Ambassador
(b) Military attache
(c) U.S. Secretary of Defense
(d) Norwegian Consul
Short Answer Questions
1. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
2. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
3. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
4. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
5. What is thrown at the whale shark?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)