|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was the translator required to speak?
2. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
3. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(c) Food supply
4. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) American Ambassador
(b) Peruvian President
(c) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(d) Peruvian Marine Minister
5. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
6. What is the profession of the person who rejects the manuscript?
7. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
(b) Navigation techniques
(c) Expedition equipment
(d) Radar training
8. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(b) Oral history
(c) Drum circles
9. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
(b) Venus Flytraps
10. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(b) Balsa logs
(c) Chain saw
11. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(d) Greenwich Village
12. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(a) Navigator's license
(d) Car repair
13. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) A crew member
(c) Empty food cans
14. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A Norwegian ethnologist
(b) A Danish Arctic explorer
(c) A French engineer
(d) A Dutch navigation expert
15. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
Short Answer Questions
1. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
2. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
3. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
4. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
5. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)