|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
2. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Canary Islands
(b) Marquesas Islands
(c) U.S. Virgin Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
3. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 112 days
(b) 80 days
(c) 97 days
(d) 103 days
4. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
(c) Black widows
5. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
6. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(b) New York
7. What year did the second wave of settlers arrive?
(a) 1100 A.D.
(b) 700 A.D.
(c) 1300 A.D.
(d) 500 A.D.
8. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(b) Fallen log
(d) Jungle cat
9. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 15 pounds
(b) 12 pounds
(c) 34 pounds
(d) 26 pounds
10. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(c) Kon Tiki
11. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
(a) Cari Tiki
(b) Rikki Tiki
(c) Ilda Tiki
(d) Sun Tiki
12. Who arranges to find the first tree?
13. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
14. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(a) Empty food cans
(c) A crew member
15. What is Bengt's profession?
(d) Navigation expert
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
2. From which country was the chief god expelled?
3. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
4. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
5. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)