|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 12 pounds
(b) 15 pounds
(c) 26 pounds
(d) 34 pounds
2. What is Bengt's profession?
(b) Navigation expert
3. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Jurassic Age
(b) Stone Age
(c) Industrial Revolution
(d) Universal Age
4. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 9 fathoms
(b) 3 fathoms
(c) 7 fathoms
(d) 5 fathoms
5. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
6. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(b) Runs it over
7. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
8. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
(c) Black widows
9. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 12 tons
(b) 25 tons
(c) 15 tons
(d) 3 tons
10. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
11. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(b) Food supply
12. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(a) Kon Tiki
13. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Taking a long vacation
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Living among a native tribe
(d) Writing a book
14. What does the Kon-Tiki rely on heavily?
(b) Navigation maps
15. What is the profession of Reveredo?
Short Answer Questions
1. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
2. How many crew members work together on a shift?
3. Heyerdahl receives a letter from whom?
4. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
5. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)