|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
2. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
3. Where is the naval station located?
4. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(b) Chain saw
(d) Balsa logs
5. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(a) Kon Tiki
(d) Chief Cari
6. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
7. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
8. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
9. The chief god was related to what element?
10. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
(d) Venus Flytraps
11. From which country was the chief god expelled?
12. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
13. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) Empty food cans
(c) A crew member
14. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(b) Steam engine
(c) Bow and arrow
15. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(a) Rocky Mountains
(c) Smoky Mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
2. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
3. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
4. What is another name for the people of this region?
5. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)