|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) One week
(b) 16 days
(c) 12 days
(d) One month
2. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(a) Empty food cans
(c) A crew member
3. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 15 pounds
(b) 12 pounds
(c) 34 pounds
(d) 26 pounds
4. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(d) Easter Island statues
5. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(b) Oral history
(c) Drum circles
6. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
7. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian President
(b) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(c) Peruvian Marine Minister
(d) American Ambassador
8. How many crew members work together on a shift?
9. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(c) United States
10. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
11. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
12. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Panam
(b) Lake Titicaca
(c) Lake Victoria
(d) Lake Huron
13. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) King Kemah Mahe
(b) Tei Tutua
14. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
15. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Carl's house
(b) Norwegian Sailor's Home
(d) Homeless shelter
Short Answer Questions
1. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
2. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
3. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
4. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
5. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)