|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) Tei Tutua
(c) King Kemah Mahe
2. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 3 fathoms
(b) 7 fathoms
(c) 9 fathoms
(d) 5 fathoms
3. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(c) Bow and arrow
(d) Steam engine
4. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
5. What is another name for the people of this region?
6. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
(a) Cari Tiki
(b) Ilda Tiki
(c) Rikki Tiki
(d) Sun Tiki
7. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
(a) Galapagos Islands
(b) Bermuda Triangle
(d) Coral reef system
8. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
9. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
10. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
11. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(c) Pacific Islands
(d) Canary Islands
12. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 3 hours
(c) 6 hours
(d) 10 hours
13. Who arranges to find the first tree?
14. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
15. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 1100 A.D.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 500 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
2. Who is Peter Freuchen?
3. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
4. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
5. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)