|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
(a) Kon Tiki
(b) Cari Tiki
(c) Ilda Tiki
(d) Rikki Tiki
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(a) Kon Tiki
3. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Marquesas Islands
(b) Canary Islands
(c) U.S. Virgin Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
4. What is the profession of Reveredo?
5. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(b) Drum circles
(c) Oral history
6. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
7. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Taking a long vacation
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Living among a native tribe
(d) Writing a book
8. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 2 hours
(c) 3 hours
(d) 10 hours
9. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
10. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(c) Peruvian president
11. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
12. What pet is given to Herman?
13. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
(d) Food supply
14. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Huron
(b) Lake Victoria
(c) Lake Titicaca
(d) Lake Panam
15. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(a) United States
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
2. The chief god was related to what element?
3. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
4. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
5. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)