|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges to find the first tree?
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(d) Kon Tiki
3. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 65-70 miles per day
(b) 75-80 miles per day
(c) 35-40 miles per day
(d) 55-60 miles per day
4. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
5. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(b) Tei Tetua
(c) His wife
6. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(d) Pacific Islands
7. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 16 days
(b) One week
(c) 12 days
(d) One month
8. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(b) Balsa logs
(d) Chain saw
9. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 71 miles
(b) 87 miles
(c) 98 miles
(d) 64 miles
10. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(c) Bow and arrow
(d) Steam engine
11. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
12. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
13. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
14. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Panam
(b) Lake Titicaca
(c) Lake Victoria
(d) Lake Huron
15. What is another name for the people of this region?
Short Answer Questions
1. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
2. What is Bengt's profession?
3. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
4. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
5. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)