|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Sailing across the Pacific
(b) Taking a long vacation
(c) Living among a native tribe
(d) Writing a book
2. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Difficult navigation
(b) Trade winds
(c) Strong currents
(d) Uncharted waters
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(c) Pacific Islands
(d) Canary Islands
4. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
5. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
6. What item does Alvarez give to Heyerdahl?
(d) Diplomatic passport
7. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Marquesas Islands
(b) U.S. Virgin Islands
(c) Canary Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
8. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
9. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(a) Chief Cari
(c) Kon Tiki
10. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(c) Kon Tiki
11. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(a) Runs it over
12. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 50 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 30 years
13. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(d) Greenwich Village
14. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 100 A.D.
(b) 200 B.C.
(c) 1100 A.D.
(d) 500 A.D.
15. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
(b) Venus Flytraps
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
2. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
3. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
4. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
5. On which island does Heyerdahl land?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)