|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Writing a book
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Living among a native tribe
(d) Taking a long vacation
2. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
(c) Black widows
3. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(a) Capitol Hill
(b) Supreme Court
(c) White House
4. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Universal Age
(b) Stone Age
(c) Jurassic Age
(d) Industrial Revolution
5. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(a) Herman's leg
(d) Tug lines
6. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Carl's house
(b) Norwegian Sailor's Home
(d) Homeless shelter
7. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(b) Fallen log
(c) Jungle cat
8. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 3 fathoms
(b) 7 fathoms
(c) 5 fathoms
(d) 9 fathoms
9. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) American Ambassador
(b) Peruvian President
(c) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(d) Peruvian Marine Minister
10. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
11. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(a) Navigator's license
(b) Car repair
12. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 1100 A.D.
(b) 200 B.C.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 100 A.D.
13. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) One month
(b) 12 days
(c) 16 days
(d) One week
14. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
15. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
(a) Cotton Club
(b) Seafarers Club
(c) Midnight Club
(d) Explorers Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What/Who is Latacunga?
2. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
3. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
4. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
5. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)