|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(a) Jungle cat
(c) Fallen log
2. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
(a) Town gossip
3. Who arranges to find the first tree?
4. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
(c) Flying fish
5. How do the men get to the jungle?
6. How long is a whale shark?
(a) 60 feet
(b) 18 feet
(c) 30 feet
(d) 45 feet
7. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(a) Homeless shelter
(b) Carl's house
(c) Norwegian Sailor's Home
8. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(b) Navigator's license
(d) Car repair
9. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(a) Rikki Tiki
(d) Kon Tiki
10. By whom were the white men massacred?
(a) Kon Tiki
(b) Chief Cari
(d) Illa Tiki
11. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(a) Double oars
(d) Dynamic sail
12. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(b) Runs it over
13. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 9 fathoms
(b) 5 fathoms
(c) 7 fathoms
(d) 3 fathoms
14. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(a) Capitol Hill
(b) White House
(c) Supreme Court
15. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
(a) Cotton Club
(b) Explorers Club
(c) Seafarers Club
(d) Midnight Club
Short Answer Questions
1. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
2. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
3. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
4. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
5. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)