|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What/Who is Latacunga?
(a) Small boy
(c) Native Tribe
2. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) World War I
(b) Stock market crash
(c) Assassination of JFK
(d) World War II
3. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
4. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Strong currents
(b) Uncharted waters
(c) Trade winds
(d) Difficult navigation
5. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(b) Chief Cari
(d) Kon Tiki
6. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(c) King Kemah Mahe
(d) Tei Tutua
7. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
8. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 2 hours
(c) 10 hours
(d) 3 hours
9. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Chain saw
(b) Balsa logs
10. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(c) His wife
(d) Tei Tetua
11. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
12. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
13. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
14. How do the men get to the jungle?
15. How many crew members work together on a shift?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
2. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
3. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
4. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
5. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)