|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(a) Prince Edward Island
(b) Fatu Hiva
2. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
3. Who arranges to find the first tree?
4. What ancient culture's story convinces Heyerdahl of the connection?
5. What pet is given to Herman?
6. What item does Alvarez give to Heyerdahl?
(d) Diplomatic passport
7. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Jurassic Age
(b) Universal Age
(c) Stone Age
(d) Industrial Revolution
8. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
9. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
10. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
11. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(b) Double oars
(c) Dynamic sail
12. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(c) Chain saw
(d) Balsa logs
13. By whom were the white men massacred?
(a) Illa Tiki
(c) Chief Cari
(d) Kon Tiki
14. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
15. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1100 A.D.
(d) 100 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
2. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
3. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
4. What is Bengt's profession?
5. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)