|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo kill the snake?
(a) Runs it over
2. Who arranges to find the first tree?
3. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
4. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
5. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 55-60 miles per day
(b) 75-80 miles per day
(c) 65-70 miles per day
(d) 35-40 miles per day
6. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(a) White House
(b) Supreme Court
(c) Capitol Hill
7. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
8. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(c) United States
9. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(a) Herman's leg
(b) Tug lines
10. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) New York
11. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 15 pounds
(b) 26 pounds
(c) 12 pounds
(d) 34 pounds
12. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(b) King Kemah Mahe
(c) Tei Tutua
13. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) U.S. Secretary of Defense
(b) Norwegian Consul
(c) Peruvian Ambassador
(d) Military attache
14. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 10 hours
(b) 6 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 3 hours
15. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) Stock market crash
(b) Assassination of JFK
(c) World War I
(d) World War II
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
2. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
3. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
4. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
5. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)