|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(c) Chain saw
(d) Balsa logs
2. What pet is given to Herman?
3. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
4. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
5. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
6. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
(a) Flying fish
7. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Titicaca
(b) Lake Huron
(c) Lake Panam
(d) Lake Victoria
8. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(c) New York
9. What/Who is Latacunga?
(c) Native Tribe
(d) Small boy
10. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
(d) Greenwich Village
11. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
12. What is another name for the people of this region?
13. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(b) Peruvian Marine Minister
(c) American Ambassador
(d) Peruvian President
14. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(a) Kon Tiki
15. What is Bengt's profession?
(b) Navigation expert
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
2. What language was the translator required to speak?
3. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
4. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
5. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)