|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet is given to Herman?
2. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Canary Islands
(b) Pacific Islands
3. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(a) Rikki Tiki
(c) Kon Tiki
4. How do the men get to the jungle?
5. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
6. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Balsa logs
(b) Chain saw
7. What/Who is Latacunga?
(b) Small boy
(d) Native Tribe
8. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
9. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
10. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(b) Herman's leg
(c) Tug lines
11. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 15 tons
(b) 3 tons
(c) 12 tons
(d) 25 tons
12. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
13. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Titicaca
(b) Lake Panam
(c) Lake Victoria
(d) Lake Huron
14. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) One month
(b) 16 days
(c) One week
(d) 12 days
15. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
(a) Expedition equipment
(c) Radar training
(d) Navigation techniques
Short Answer Questions
1. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
2. Where is the naval station located?
3. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
4. How does Angelo kill the snake?
5. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)