|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Marianna Islands
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Marquesas Islands
(d) U.S. Virgin Islands
2. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(a) Chief Cari
(c) Kon Tiki
3. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
4. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
(a) Galapagos Islands
(b) Bermuda Triangle
(c) Coral reef system
5. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Bow and arrow
(c) Steam engine
6. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian Marine Minister
(b) Peruvian President
(c) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(d) American Ambassador
7. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(c) Tei Tetua
(d) His wife
8. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 87 miles
(b) 98 miles
(c) 71 miles
(d) 64 miles
9. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
10. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) Assassination of JFK
(b) World War I
(c) Stock market crash
(d) World War II
11. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
12. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(b) Fallen log
(d) Jungle cat
13. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
14. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(d) Peruvian president
15. By whom were the white men massacred?
(a) Illa Tiki
(b) Chief Cari
(d) Kon Tiki
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
2. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
3. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
4. What kind of flowers are displayed by Federico?
5. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)