|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
(c) Town gossip
2. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Peruvian President
(b) American Ambassador
(c) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(d) Peruvian Marine Minister
3. Where is the naval station located?
4. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
(b) Junior member
5. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
6. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
7. Which crew member is responsible for the act?
8. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
9. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 9 fathoms
(b) 5 fathoms
(c) 3 fathoms
(d) 7 fathoms
10. Where does Heyerdahl get a room?
(b) Homeless shelter
(c) Carl's house
(d) Norwegian Sailor's Home
11. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) King Kemah Mahe
(d) Tei Tutua
12. From which country was the chief god expelled?
13. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(b) Supreme Court
(c) Capitol Hill
(d) White House
14. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(c) Fatu Hiva
(d) Prince Edward Island
15. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(b) Kon Tiki
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
2. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
3. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
4. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
5. What is thrown at the whale shark?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)