|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herman suffers an injury to what body part?
2. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 7 fathoms
(b) 3 fathoms
(c) 9 fathoms
(d) 5 fathoms
3. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
(a) 103 days
(b) 112 days
(c) 80 days
(d) 97 days
4. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Steam engine
(d) Bow and arrow
5. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(b) Rocky Mountains
(c) Smoky Mountains
6. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(a) Empty food cans
(c) A crew member
7. The poisonous creatures keep away which insects?
8. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 10 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 50 years
(d) 30 years
9. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(b) Rikki Tiki
(c) Kon Tiki
10. What does the Kon-Tiki rely on heavily?
(b) Navigation maps
11. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
(a) Supreme Court
(b) White House
(d) Capitol Hill
12. What is the profession of Reveredo?
13. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
(b) Car repair
(c) Navigator's license
14. How do the men get to the jungle?
15. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
2. What poisonous creatures battle in the bungalow?
3. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
4. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
5. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)