|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Among Polynesians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plants are discovered in the jungle?
(a) Poison ivy
(b) Fragrant flowers
(d) Tangled grapevines
2. From which country was the chief god expelled?
3. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
4. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A Dutch navigation expert
(b) A French engineer
(c) A Norwegian ethnologist
(d) A Danish Arctic explorer
5. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Trade winds
(b) Uncharted waters
(c) Strong currents
(d) Difficult navigation
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Kon-Tiki set out to sea?
2. Which of these is not damaged during the collision?
3. What beverage do the men enjoy?
4. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
5. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)