|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Among Polynesians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
(a) They clamor for attention
(b) They disappear
(c) They float calmly
(d) Violent frenzy
2. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Writing a book
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Taking a long vacation
(d) Living among a native tribe
3. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 12 days
(b) One month
(c) 16 days
(d) One week
4. Where is the Kon-Tiki's final destination?
(d) New York
5. What is another name for South America?
(a) Navel of the Islands
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Heart of Haiti
(d) The Land Down Under
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom were the white men massacred?
2. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
3. How many canoes attempt to rescue the Kon-Tiki?
4. Which creature appears to be phosphorescent?
5. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)