|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Among Polynesians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
2. What do the men do to recover?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Go inside the hut
(c) Go ashore
(d) Smoke cigars
3. How much does the massive amount of paperwork weigh?
(a) 34 pounds
(b) 26 pounds
(c) 12 pounds
(d) 15 pounds
4. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Wait out the current
(b) Sail southward
(c) Harness the wind
(d) Sail northward
5. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(c) Inner tubes
(d) Life vests
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
2. What is a frigate?
3. How do the men scare away the small sharks?
4. How heavy is a whale shark?
5. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)