|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Among Polynesians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) By using its claws
(b) Attaching itself with its mouth
(c) It doesn't
(d) By using a sucking disk
2. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Writing a book
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Living among a native tribe
(d) Taking a long vacation
3. What blocks the men's path into the jungle?
(b) Fallen log
(c) Jungle cat
4. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Wait out the current
(b) Sail northward
(c) Sail southward
(d) Harness the wind
5. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(a) Kon Tiki
(d) Chief Cari
Short Answer Questions
1. Which crew member returns to the natives' island?
2. Which two occupants of the ocean have the crew been warned about?
3. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
4. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
5. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)