|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Among Polynesians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) 16 days
(b) One month
(c) One week
(d) 12 days
2. How do the men get to the jungle?
3. What sign gives the crew hope?
(a) Repaired raft
(d) Sound of a plane engine
4. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
(b) Pilot fish
(d) Whale shark
5. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(b) Bamboo sticks
(d) Coconut shells
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction do the fish have to the big storm?
2. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
3. Who is Peter Freuchen?
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)