|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) Marquesas Islands
(b) Canary Islands
(c) U.S. Virgin Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
2. What is the profession of Reveredo?
3. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
4. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Swimming ability
5. What is the biggest danger during the near wreck?
(a) Being crushed
(c) Being eaten by sharks
(d) Head injuries
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves the raft from hitting the highest reef?
2. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
3. To what does Bengt compare the accident?
4. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
5. The natives develop sudden advancement in what skill?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)