|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 1100 A.D.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 500 A.D.
2. Who accompanies Heyerdahl on the trip?
3. By whom were the white men massacred?
(a) Kon Tiki
(c) Chief Cari
(d) Illa Tiki
4. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
(a) 60 yards
(b) 60 feet
(c) 100 yards
(d) 25 yards
5. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(b) Easter Island statues
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
2. The crew sees what sign that there is land ahead?
3. What is another name for Easter Island?
4. What language was the translator required to speak?
5. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)