|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Little Rapa
(b) Great Rapa
(c) Tiki Island
(d) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
2. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 75-80 miles per day
(b) 35-40 miles per day
(c) 65-70 miles per day
(d) 55-60 miles per day
3. Which of these is NOT known to eat plankton?
(b) Whale sharks
(d) Crew members
4. With what vessel does the crew go out for a spin?
(a) Inner tubes
(b) Life vests
5. Which of these items was not mentioned as a use/source of water for the South American pilgrims?
(a) Coconut shells
(b) Bamboo sticks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Kon-Tiki rely on heavily?
2. Which accompanied the raft along the journey?
3. Where does Heyerdahl's friend, Carl, live?
4. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
5. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)