|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 30 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 50 years
2. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
3. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
(a) Expedition equipment
(b) Radar training
(c) Navigation techniques
4. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
(a) Kon Tiki
(b) Cari Tiki
(c) Ilda Tiki
(d) Rikki Tiki
5. At the point of being guided toward that location, how long had the Kon-Tiki been at sea?
(a) One month
(b) 12 days
(c) One week
(d) 16 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
2. Heyerdahl receives a letter from whom?
3. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period? What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research? World War II World War I Stock market crash Assassination of JFK Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory? New York Tokyo London Honolulu
4. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
5. What/Who is Latacunga?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)