|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How heavy is a whale shark?
(a) 12 tons
(b) 15 tons
(c) 25 tons
(d) 3 tons
2. The names of the trees are derived from people attached to which figure?
(b) Kon Tiki
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(d) Pacific Islands
4. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(a) United States
5. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(c) Easter Island statues
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
2. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
3. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
4. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
5. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)