|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
(a) Lake Titicaca
(b) Lake Panam
(c) Lake Victoria
(d) Lake Huron
2. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(b) Fatu Hiva
(c) Prince Edward Island
3. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(b) New York
4. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
(a) Radar training
(c) Navigation techniques
(d) Expedition equipment
5. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Stone Age
(b) Jurassic Age
(c) Universal Age
(d) Industrial Revolution
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
2. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
3. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
4. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
5. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)