|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(b) Easter Island statues
2. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Living among a native tribe
(b) Sailing across the Pacific
(c) Taking a long vacation
(d) Writing a book
3. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) Tei Tutua
(d) King Kemah Mahe
4. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) Peruvian Ambassador
(b) Norwegian Consul
(c) Military attache
(d) U.S. Secretary of Defense
5. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
(a) Midnight Club
(b) Explorers Club
(c) Cotton Club
(d) Seafarers Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
2. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
3. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
4. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
5. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)