|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
(a) U.S. Secretary of Defense
(b) Military attache
(c) Peruvian Ambassador
(d) Norwegian Consul
2. Who rejects Heyerdahl's manuscript?
3. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(b) Double oars
(c) Dynamic sail
4. What is the profession of the person who rejects the manuscript?
5. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A French engineer
(b) A Norwegian ethnologist
(c) A Dutch navigation expert
(d) A Danish Arctic explorer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the people of this region?
2. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period? What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research? World War II World War I Stock market crash Assassination of JFK Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory? New York Tokyo London Honolulu
3. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
4. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
5. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)