|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Taking a long vacation
(b) Writing a book
(c) Sailing across the Pacific
(d) Living among a native tribe
2. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
(a) 100 A.D.
(b) 1100 A.D.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 200 B.C.
3. Heyerdahl had previously worked on which group of islands?
(a) U.S. Virgin Islands
(b) Marquesas Islands
(c) Canary Islands
(d) Marianna Islands
4. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) Tei Tutua
(c) King Kemah Mahe
5. What is the name of the chief god of the white men?
(a) Rikki Tiki
(b) Ilda Tiki
(c) Cari Tiki
(d) Kon Tiki
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief god was related to what element?
2. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
3. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
4. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
5. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)