|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(b) Kon Tiki
(c) Rikki Tiki
2. Heyerdahl attends a lecture regarding what topic?
(a) Navigation techniques
(b) Radar training
(d) Expedition equipment
3. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
(c) Easter Island statues
4. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Uncharted waters
(b) Trade winds
(c) Strong currents
(d) Difficult navigation
5. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(a) Fatu Hiva
(c) Prince Edward Island
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peter Freuchen?
2. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
3. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
4. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
5. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)