|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was able to escape from the massacre?
(c) Kon Tiki
(d) Chief Cari
2. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
3. What year did the second wave of settlers arrive?
(a) 500 A.D.
(b) 1100 A.D.
(c) 1300 A.D.
(d) 700 A.D.
4. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(a) Prince Edward Island
(b) Fatu Hiva
5. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(a) Drum circles
(d) Oral history
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
2. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
3. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
4. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
5. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)