|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, An Expedition Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(b) Bow and arrow
(c) Steam engine
2. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
(b) Junior member
3. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
(a) Taking a long vacation
(b) Living among a native tribe
(c) Writing a book
(d) Sailing across the Pacific
4. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) World War I
(b) Stock market crash
(c) World War II
(d) Assassination of JFK
5. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Chain saw
(c) Balsa logs
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
2. Heyerdahl believes the islands are connected to what country?
3. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
4. If Heyerdahl makes the trip how long should it take?
5. The friend previously engaged in what profession?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)