|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Jurassic Age
(b) Universal Age
(c) Industrial Revolution
(d) Stone Age
2. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(d) Whale Shark
3. What is Heyerdahl's status at the club?
(a) Junior member
4. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Bow and arrow
(d) Steam engine
5. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
(c) Peruvian president
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
2. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
3. Heyerdahl impatiently waits for results on what item?
4. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
5. How do the men get to the jungle?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)