|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent chance does the friend say Heyerdahl has of making the trip?
2. With whom does Heyerdahl meet in Lima?
(a) Otto Munthe-Kaas
(b) Peruvian Marine Minister
(c) American Ambassador
(d) Peruvian President
3. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
(a) Harness the wind
(b) Sail southward
(c) Sail northward
(d) Wait out the current
4. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Little Rapa
(b) Great Rapa
(c) Tiki Island
(d) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
5. What word is used to describe the crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peter Freuchen?
2. How heavy is a whale shark?
3. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
4. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
5. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)