|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the crew member try to communicate?
(a) Ship's captain
(b) Native chief
2. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 9 fathoms
(b) 7 fathoms
(c) 5 fathoms
(d) 3 fathoms
3. What is the mysterious feature that exists on Easter Island?
4. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 260 feet
(b) 1000 feet
(c) 500 feet
(d) 750 feet
5. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(b) Tei Tetua
(c) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first island?
2. Who was considered to be the original, a founder of the inhabitants on the Pacific Islands?
3. Which is NOT a danger the men face on the trip?
4. What does the crew attempt to do to at first avoid the reefs?
5. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)