|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 55-60 miles per day
(b) 35-40 miles per day
(c) 75-80 miles per day
(d) 65-70 miles per day
2. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
(d) Whale Shark
3. After missing the first island, the Kon-Tiki sails toward which island?
4. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
5. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 30 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 50 years
(d) 25 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is summoned to which government facility?
2. The pilot fish remind the crew of what animal?
3. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
4. Which sea creature becomes a pet aboard the Kon-Tiki?
5. The chief god was related to what element?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)