|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, To the South Sea Islands.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 75-80 miles per day
(b) 65-70 miles per day
(c) 35-40 miles per day
(d) 55-60 miles per day
2. What item may have been eaten to ward off fatigue?
(a) Cocoa leaves
(d) Raw fish
3. What is the name of the first island?
(b) Pango Pango
(c) Bora Bora
(d) Puka Puka
4. Which is NOT a fish seen from the raft?
5. What are stationed atop of the statues at Easter Island?
(a) Stone birds
(c) Religious symbols
(d) Red rocks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
2. How long is a whale shark?
3. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
4. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
5. What pet is given to Herman?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)