|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heyerdahl require to construct the raft?
(a) Balsa logs
(d) Chain saw
2. What is thrown at the whale shark?
(b) A crew member
(d) Empty food cans
3. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
4. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
5. What/Who is Latacunga?
(c) Native Tribe
(d) Small boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What Lake is mentioned in regard to the story?
2. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
3. What is the distance that the squid are able to travel when pursued?
4. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
5. What language was the translator required to speak?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)