|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men get to the jungle?
2. How does the fish remain stuck?
(a) By using a sucking disk
(b) It doesn't
(c) Attaching itself with its mouth
(d) By using its claws
3. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Steam engine
(b) Bow and arrow
4. How long is the weighted line used by the crew?
(a) 1000 feet
(b) 260 feet
(c) 750 feet
(d) 500 feet
5. How long are the nearly invisible visitors?
(a) 9 fathoms
(b) 7 fathoms
(c) 3 fathoms
(d) 5 fathoms
Short Answer Questions
1. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
2. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
3. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
4. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
5. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)