|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
2. What is the profession of the person who rejects the manuscript?
3. Which was NOT one of the names given to the fallen trees?
4. Heyerdahl compares the phosphorescence of the plankton to what object?
5. What about the sea creature impresses Heyerdahl?
(b) Swimming ability
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nieto learn about Heyerdahl's journey?
2. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
3. What was the name of Heyerdahl's translator?
4. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period? What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research? World War II World War I Stock market crash Assassination of JFK Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory? New York Tokyo London Honolulu
5. What is the estimated date on which people first arrived on the islands?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)