|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 75-80 miles per day
(b) 35-40 miles per day
(c) 65-70 miles per day
(d) 55-60 miles per day
2. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(a) Double oars
(b) Dynamic sail
3. How long is a crew member's typical shift?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 2 hours
(c) 6 hours
(d) 10 hours
4. Freuchen rejects new ideas in favor of tried and true equipment such as the:
(a) Steam engine
(c) Bow and arrow
5. Heyerdahl refers to technologies developed in what time period?
What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
World War II
World War I
Stock market crash
Assassination of JFK
Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
(a) Industrial Revolution
(b) Stone Age
(c) Universal Age
(d) Jurassic Age
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
2. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
3. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
4. Who attempts to watch the craft in action?
5. Which city does Heyerdahl choose to present his theory?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)