|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large are the sharks caught by the crew?
(a) 7-10 feet
(b) 8-11 feet
(c) 6-10 feet
(d) 10-12 feet
2. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Trade winds
(b) Strong currents
(c) Difficult navigation
(d) Uncharted waters
3. What event interrupted Heyerdahl's research?
(a) Stock market crash
(b) Assassination of JFK
(c) World War I
(d) World War II
4. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A Norwegian ethnologist
(b) A Danish Arctic explorer
(c) A Dutch navigation expert
(d) A French engineer
5. Where does the current threaten to push the raft?
(b) Galapagos Islands
(c) Coral reef system
(d) Bermuda Triangle
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea creature most impresses Heyerdahl?
2. What idea begins to develop in Heyerdahl's imagination?
3. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
4. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
5. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)