Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Halfway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain range do the men encounter?
(c) Rocky Mountains
(d) Smoky Mountains
2. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
3. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
(a) Trade winds
(b) Difficult navigation
(c) Uncharted waters
(d) Strong currents
4. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(a) Herman's leg
(c) Tug lines
5. How many miles into the trip is considered to be halfway?
(a) 1,979 miles
(b) 2,150 miles
(c) 1,878 miles
(d) 2,000 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Heyerdahl is a member of what New York City club?
2. Which is NOT among the planned stops for Heyerdahl?
3. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
4. The ancient story involves the building of what objects?
5. The naval experts were wrong about the longevity of what item?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)