|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Heyerdahl's friend that lives in the countryside?
2. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(b) Tug lines
(d) Herman's leg
3. What is the most amount the raft will travel in one day?
(a) 64 miles
(b) 87 miles
(c) 98 miles
(d) 71 miles
4. What is another name for Easter Island?
(a) Great Rapa
(b) The Eye Looks (toward) Heaven
(c) Tiki Island
(d) Little Rapa
5. Who is Peter Freuchen?
(a) A French engineer
(b) A Danish Arctic explorer
(c) A Dutch navigation expert
(d) A Norwegian ethnologist
Short Answer Questions
1. New developments in stone work also appear in what location?
2. The crew has fun playing with what dangerous object?
3. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
4. What is one of Heyerdahl's main concerns in planning a route?
5. What is Otto Munthe-Kaas' title?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)