|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Across the Pacific.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unique item that is included on the prehistoric Incan rafts?
(c) Double oars
(d) Dynamic sail
2. What seemed out of place on the ocean?
3. What is the average speed of the Kon-Tiki?
(a) 55-60 miles per day
(b) 35-40 miles per day
(c) 65-70 miles per day
(d) 75-80 miles per day
4. Heyerdahl compares being at sea to which activity?
5. What breaks at the beginning of the trip?
(b) Tug lines
(d) Herman's leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the whale shark's preferred meal?
2. What type of wood does Heyerdahl believe the South Americans used to build their rafts?
3. What does the inside of the cabin smell like?
4. Where is the naval station located?
5. A snake mackerel resembles what other sea creature?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)