Chapter 1, A Theory
1. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
2. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(b) United States
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(b) Canary Islands
(c) Pacific Islands
4. What is another name for the people of this region?
5. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(c) Prince Edward Island
(d) Fatu Hiva
6. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(c) Tei Tetua
(d) His wife
7. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(a) Oral history
(c) Drum circles
8. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(a) King Kemah Mahe
(c) Tei Tutua
9. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(b) Rikki Tiki
(c) Kon Tiki
10. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 30 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 50 years
(d) 10 years
This section contains 2,605 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)