Chapter 1, A Theory
1. What is Heyerdahl's profession?
2. What is Heyerdahl's native country?
(a) United States
3. Heyerdahl's theory revolves around what region?
(a) Canary Islands
(b) Pacific Islands
4. What is another name for the people of this region?
5. Heyerdahl went on an expedition to which island?
(c) Fatu Hiva
(d) Prince Edward Island
6. Who accompanied Heyerdahl on the expedition?
(a) His wife
(b) Tei Tetua
7. What is the common tradition of the people of this region?
(c) Oral history
(d) Drum circles
8. What is the name of the old man that tells the history of the region?
(b) Tei Tutua
(c) King Kemah Mahe
9. What is the name of the chief god of the island?
(c) Kon Tiki
(d) Rikki Tiki
10. In what increments do the Polynesians recount their history?
(a) 25 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 50 years
This section contains 2,605 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)