Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
2. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
4. What sound did the narrator say was a symbol of the "mainland" for him? ("The Train.")
5. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
Describe the impact that the text had on you. Did you feel as though the text was a stretch of the truth? Did you feel as though the information given by the author was truthful and realistic? Support your focus with textual evidence.
Magic seemed to be the only way that some men made it out of the camps of Kolyma alive. Discuss three examples throughout the text where "magic" seemed to be responsible for survival. (Think of how "magic" was depicted in the story "Magic" to help answer this question.)
In "A Piece of Meat," the narrator stated that "the rudimentary organ turned out not to be rudimentary at all, but essential, functioning, life-saving." Find, and discuss, three examples where a rudimentary object turned out to be "essential, functioning and life-saving."
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)