Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
2. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
4. What sound did the narrator say was a symbol of the "mainland" for him? ("The Train.")
5. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
Essay Topic 1
Based off of the text as a whole, describe the kind of life that a man in the Kloyma forced-labor camps lived. What did their days consist of? What were their fears? What was expected of them? How were they treated?
Essay Topic 2
The ability to stay warm, for many, was the single line between life and death. Discuss at least three different examples that showed what men in Kolyma would do to get warm.
Essay Topic 3
The author learned many different things during his time spent in Kolyma. Choose two different lessons that the author learned and discuss why these were important. What was the lesson? How was the lesson learned? How did this affect the life of the author after the experience?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)