|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what director was "The Injector" written to?
(a) The Director of Mines.
(b) The Director of Munitions.
(c) The Director of Incoming Prisoners.
(d) The Director of Supplies.
2. What was told, at the end of "The Lawyers' Plot", had happened to Rebrov?
(a) He had escaped.
(b) He had been killed.
(c) He had been sentenced to the mines.
(d) He had been arrested.
3. What did Nikishov claim was different about Kolyma? ("Chief of Political Control.")
(a) Its morality.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its prisoners.
(d) Its strength.
4. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
(a) That he would never lose his law papers.
(b) That others were weaker than he.
(c) That he was able to feel the heat of the stove.
(d) That no one knew his name.
5. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A phone call.
(b) An alarm.
(c) A siren.
(d) A bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mechanics were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
2. How many years of his life was the narrator ready to forget? ("The Train.")
3. What position was Skoroseev given in "Esperanto."?
4. What month was it in the opening of "My First Tooth"?
5. What did the narrator say was mixed into the bread that made it "magnificent"? ("Land-Lease.")
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)