|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what director was "The Injector" written to?
(a) The Director of Incoming Prisoners.
(b) The Director of Supplies.
(c) The Director of Mines.
(d) The Director of Munitions.
2. What job did Skoroseev volunteer to do since no one else could or would? ("Esperanto.")
(a) Butcher a horse.
(b) Go out into the blizzard for supplies.
(c) Murder the chief.
(d) Shoe a horse.
3. What occupation did Golubev's boss ask if any of the new prisoners had held? ("Magic.")
(c) Secret police.
4. What month was it in the opening of "My First Tooth"?
5. How many years of his life was the narrator ready to forget? ("The Train.")
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminded the narrator of "Esperanto"?
2. Who shoved the narrator up against a window in the basement? ("My First Tooth.")
3. What did the narrator state was worse than criminals who robbed him? ("Esperanto.")
4. What color armbands did the military patrol wear at the train station? ("The Train.")
5. Where did the convicts spend the night in "My First Tooth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Golubev watch Stukov's "game" with pleasure? ("Magic.")
2. In "A Child's Drawing," why did the convicts stand in groups of five when guards were dividing out work assignments?
3. Why did Praga, in "Esperanto," hack his clothing to rags?
4. What did convicts receive as payment for keeping their mouths shut about guards beating them? ("The Chief of Political Control.")
5. Why were the convicts unable to eat the horse meat in "Esperanto"?
6. What happened to the Spam that was sent to the camps from America? ("Land-Lease.")
7. Where did the narrator hide his money during his train ride? ("The Train.")
8. Why did the narrator decide that he had not been lucky in getting called to Romanov's home? ("The Lawyer's Plot.")
9. What did the bulldozer, in "Land-Lease," come to be used for?
10. Why was Golubev called to Stukov's home in "Magic"?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)