|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A bell.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A siren.
(d) An alarm.
2. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
(a) That others were weaker than he.
(b) That no one knew his name.
(c) That he was able to feel the heat of the stove.
(d) That he would never lose his law papers.
4. What sound did the narrator say was a symbol of the "mainland" for him? ("The Train.")
(b) Soft voices.
(c) The train whistle.
(d) Russian music.
5. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The office of the chief.
(c) The supply room.
(d) The guardhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the prisoner who was allowed to drive the tractor? ("Land-Lease.")
2. What was being performed in the camp in "Esperanto"?
3. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
4. What was told, at the end of "The Lawyers' Plot", had happened to Rebrov?
5. Where did the convicts spend the night in "My First Tooth"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)