|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator state was worse than criminals who robbed him? ("Esperanto.")
(a) The government.
(b) The food.
(c) The guards.
2. What did the orderly tell the narrator to bring back from Romanov's home? ("The Lawyers' Plot.")
(a) A smoke.
(b) A beer.
(c) A coat.
(d) A piece of meat.
3. What day was it during "Chief of Political Control"?
4. Who, upon growing up, "created many bright birds"? ("A Child's Drawing.")
(a) The narrator.
(b) The child.
(d) The narrator's brother.
5. What did the narrator recall had been confiscated in Magadan? ("Esperanto.")
(b) Fur coats.
(d) Fleece coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in the narrator's language, meant "run off at the mouth"? ("Esperanto.")
2. How long had the bodies been in the mass grave? ("Land-Lease.")
3. In "Magic," what object was tapping on the window?
4. What color was the notebook that the men found in "A Child's Drawing"?
5. What sun had burned the men's faces in "My First Tooth"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)