|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, upon growing up, "created many bright birds"? ("A Child's Drawing.")
(a) The narrator's brother.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The child.
2. How many mechanics were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
3. In "Magic," what object was tapping on the window?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A stick.
(d) A bird.
4. What, in "My First Tooth," was rented to put convicts into?
(a) A school.
(c) A private home.
(d) A mission.
5. What day was it during "Chief of Political Control"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
2. What was told, at the end of "The Lawyers' Plot", had happened to Rebrov?
3. What position was Skoroseev given in "Esperanto."?
4. What was the hospital director doing with the doctors at the opening of "Chief of Political Control"?
5. Where did the convicts spend the night in "My First Tooth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the new chief of political control at the hospital? ("The Chief of Political Control.")
2. What was the narrator shocked by about the blade of the bulldozer? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What happened at the end of "Esperanto" to the narrator"?
4. Why did Gusev break the window in the basement of the former monastery? ("My First Tooth.")
5. What was written on the cell ceiling of the monastery basement? ("My First Tooth.")
6. How did the narrator come to remember the story "Esperanto"?
7. Why was Golubev called to Stukov's home in "Magic"?
8. Where did the narrator hide his money during his train ride? ("The Train.")
9. Why did Praga, in "Esperanto," hack his clothing to rags?
10. What "magical powers" did Stukov have? ("Magic")
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)