|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in "My First Tooth," was rented to put convicts into?
(a) A school.
(c) A mission.
(d) A private home.
2. When the name "Skoroseev" was mentioned to the narrator, what did he immediately recall? ("Esperanto.")
(a) The road to Lennigrad.
(b) The road to Moscow.
(c) The road to Tibet.
(d) The road to Siberia.
3. What fresh prints were described at the opening of "Land Lease"?
(a) Animal prints.
(b) Tractor prints.
(c) Plow prints.
(d) Human footprints.
4. What was the name of the guard with the bright-blue eyes in "My First Tooth"?
5. How many carpenters were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man who asked the narrator for help, in carrying his baskets to the scales, have in his baskets? ("The Train.")
2. Who shoved the narrator up against a window in the basement? ("My First Tooth.")
3. What job did Skoroseev volunteer to do since no one else could or would? ("Esperanto.")
4. What, in the narrator's language, meant "run off at the mouth"? ("Esperanto.")
5. Why had the lawyers in "The Lawyers' Plot" been taken to the House of Vaskov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the end of "Esperanto" to the narrator"?
2. What bliss did the narrator find while in Irkutsk? ("The Train.")
3. Why did the narrator in "My First Tooth" state that it was easier to bear something after you write it down? ("My First Tooth.")
4. Why did Gusev break the window in the basement of the former monastery? ("My First Tooth.")
5. What happened to the Spam that was sent to the camps from America? ("Land-Lease.")
6. Why was Sazonov directed to the poorer hut in "My First Tooth"?
7. Why did the narrator decide that he had not been lucky in getting called to Romanov's home? ("The Lawyer's Plot.")
8. What was written on the cell ceiling of the monastery basement? ("My First Tooth.")
9. What did the bulldozer, in "Land-Lease," come to be used for?
10. How did the narrator come to remember the story "Esperanto"?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)