|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What train station was the location of "The Train" ?
2. What month was it in the opening of "My First Tooth"?
3. What sun had burned the men's faces in "My First Tooth"?
(a) Endergonic sun.
(b) Aphelion sun.
(c) Ural sun.
(d) Perihelion sun.
4. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
5. What day was it during "Chief of Political Control"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound did the narrator say was a symbol of the "mainland" for him? ("The Train.")
2. What book set did the narrator plan on buying once he reached Moscow? ("The Train.")
3. What was the name of Golubev's boss in "Magic"?
4. Once on the train, who did the narrator find in his seat? ("The Train.")
5. How many carpenters were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the end of "Esperanto" to the narrator"?
2. What did the bulldozer, in "Land-Lease," come to be used for?
3. What did Shestakov offer the narrator as nourishment to aid in an upcoming escape attempt? ("Condensed Milk.")
4. What bliss did the narrator find while in Irkutsk? ("The Train.")
5. Why did Praga, in "Esperanto," hack his clothing to rags?
6. According to the narrator in "The Lawyer's Plot," what were the three ways out of the mine?
7. Why did the narrator decide that he had not been lucky in getting called to Romanov's home? ("The Lawyer's Plot.")
8. What did convicts receive as payment for keeping their mouths shut about guards beating them? ("The Chief of Political Control.")
9. How did the narrator describe Romanov in "The Lawyer's Plot"?
10. Where did the narrator hide his money during his train ride? ("The Train.")
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)