|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
2. During what months would the dwarf cedar tree rise up from the ground?
(a) April or May.
(b) December or January.
(c) March or April.
(d) September or October.
3. How many men were standing in the corridor awaiting a strip search? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
4. Who was shot in "Quiet"?
(a) The food server.
(b) The guard's dog.
(c) The guard.
(d) The sectarian.
5. What did Fedya call Platonov in "The Snake Charmer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
2. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
3. In "On Tick," what did the narrator say was the safest place to be?
4. What prints did the men in "Dry Rations" follow to get to the spring?
5. What was no convict able to have of his own? ("In the Bathhouse.")
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator say about death in "Sententious"?
2. What did the extra food give the sectarian the energy to do in "Quiet"?
3. What did Savelev do after finding Ivanovich hung himself?
4. What notations did the guards, described in "Prosthetic Appliances", use to show that a convict would not receive hot food and/or bread?
5. Why did Garkunov die at the end of "On Tick"?
6. Who did Gloubev recognize in the hospital as he was recovering from his appendectomy? ("A Piece of Meat.")
7. What was the "circle" that was created regarding the relationship between work and food in "Shock Therapy"?
8. In "The Bathhouse," why was lice a relative concept to most convicts?
9. How did the story "Sententious" end?
10. Why did Merzlakov fake a back injury in "Shock Therapy"?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)