|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What train station was the location of "The Train" ?
2. What "large village" was the first destination for the narrator in "The Train"?
3. What color armbands did the military patrol wear at the train station? ("The Train.")
4. What job did Skoroseev volunteer to do since no one else could or would? ("Esperanto.")
(a) Butcher a horse.
(b) Shoe a horse.
(c) Go out into the blizzard for supplies.
(d) Murder the chief.
5. What kind of underwear had the narrator not worn in years? ("The Train.")
(a) Knit underwear.
(b) Linen underwear.
(c) Silk underwear.
(d) Cotton underwear.
6. What book set did the narrator plan on buying once he reached Moscow? ("The Train.")
(a) "History of Russia."
(b) "The Complete Works of Walt Whitman."
(c) "The Complete Works of Shakespeare."
(d) "History of WWI."
7. What fresh prints were described at the opening of "Land Lease"?
(a) Plow prints.
(b) Tractor prints.
(c) Animal prints.
(d) Human footprints.
8. When the name "Skoroseev" was mentioned to the narrator, what did he immediately recall? ("Esperanto.")
(a) The road to Lennigrad.
(b) The road to Tibet.
(c) The road to Siberia.
(d) The road to Moscow.
9. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
(a) 9 day.
(b) 14 day.
(c) 5 day.
(d) 10 day.
10. What was the name of the prisoner who was allowed to drive the tractor? ("Land-Lease.")
11. What was the Convict Injector to be replaced with? ("The Injector")
(b) An older injector.
(c) A new injector.
(d) A civilian employee.
12. At the end of "The Train," where did the narrator state that he was returning from?
13. What did Praga, in "Esperanto," do to his clothing?
(a) Tore it into rags.
(b) Traded it for tobacco.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Traded it for extra soup.
14. What occupation did Golubev's boss ask if any of the new prisoners had held? ("Magic.")
(a) Secret police.
15. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A siren.
(b) A bell.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the new group of prisoners come from? ("Magic.")
2. What was raked into Shemolyov's work gang? ("The Lawyers' Plot.")
3. What was the name of Golubev's boss in "Magic"?
4. What was being yelled as Peter Zayats was thrown out of the shelter and into the snow? ("My First Tooth.")
5. Why was Peter Zayats beaten by the guards in "My First Tooth"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)