|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it in the opening of "My First Tooth"?
2. What did the chief, in "Chief of Political Control," refuse in place of doing business first?
3. What, in "Land-Lease," was nicknamed "American honey"?
(d) Condensed milk.
4. What kind of injection did the chief in "Chief of Political Control" need?
(b) Blood thickener.
5. Once on the train, who did the narrator find in his seat? ("The Train.")
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A drunk lieutenant.
(c) A pregnant woman.
(d) A child.
6. What number gang was the director questioning in "The Injector"?
7. Why was the window in the basement broken? ("My First Tooth.")
(a) To get snow to melt to drink.
(b) To get fresh air.
(c) To try to escape.
(d) To throw out the dead bodies.
8. What did the narrator state was worse than criminals who robbed him? ("Esperanto.")
(a) The food.
(b) The guards.
(d) The government.
9. How many years of his life was the narrator ready to forget? ("The Train.")
10. What was the name of the prisoner who was allowed to drive the tractor? ("Land-Lease.")
11. What was the Convict Injector to be replaced with? ("The Injector")
(a) An older injector.
(b) A civilian employee.
(c) A new injector.
12. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
(a) 5 day.
(b) 14 day.
(c) 10 day.
(d) 9 day.
13. What, in "My First Tooth," was rented to put convicts into?
(a) A mission.
(b) A school.
(d) A private home.
14. What was being performed in the camp in "Esperanto"?
(a) "A Fig Branch."
(d) "The Tempest."
15. Who was Golubev's bosses favorite? ("Magic.")
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mechanics were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
2. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
3. What, in the narrator's language, meant "run off at the mouth"? ("Esperanto.")
4. What train station was the location of "The Train" ?
5. According to "The Lawyers' Plot", what does "smertin" mean?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)