Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A bell.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A siren.
(d) An alarm.
2. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
(a) That others were weaker than he.
(b) That no one knew his name.
(c) That he was able to feel the heat of the stove.
(d) That he would never lose his law papers.
4. What sound did the narrator say was a symbol of the "mainland" for him? ("The Train.")
(b) Soft voices.
(c) The train whistle.
(d) Russian music.
5. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The office of the chief.
(c) The supply room.
(d) The guardhouse.
6. What was the name of the prisoner who was allowed to drive the tractor? ("Land-Lease.")
7. What was being performed in the camp in "Esperanto"?
(a) "A Fig Branch."
(d) "The Tempest."
8. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
(a) 14 day.
(b) 9 day.
(c) 5 day.
(d) 10 day.
9. What was told, at the end of "The Lawyers' Plot", had happened to Rebrov?
(a) He had been arrested.
(b) He had escaped.
(c) He had been killed.
(d) He had been sentenced to the mines.
10. Where did the convicts spend the night in "My First Tooth"?
(a) A barracks.
(b) A bathhouse.
(c) A police station.
(d) A cave.
11. What sun had burned the men's faces in "My First Tooth"?
(a) Aphelion sun.
(b) Perihelion sun.
(c) Endergonic sun.
(d) Ural sun.
12. What color was the notebook that the men found in "A Child's Drawing"?
13. What day was it during "Chief of Political Control"?
14. Before 1938, according to "Land-Lease," what was used to move logs?
15. What was the hospital director doing with the doctors at the opening of "Chief of Political Control"?
(a) Playing pool.
(b) Watching a surgery.
(c) Complaining about the prisoners.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once on the train, who did the narrator find in his seat? ("The Train.")
2. What "large village" was the first destination for the narrator in "The Train"?
3. What did the narrator state was worse than criminals who robbed him? ("Esperanto.")
4. What number gang was the director questioning in "The Injector"?
5. What time was the narrator to go see Romanov in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)