|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Used-Book Dealer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Peter Zayats beaten by the guards in "My First Tooth"?
(a) For spitting on a guard.
(b) For being sick.
(c) Refusal to stand for roll-call.
(d) For taking extra food.
2. What did the sectarian need his extra portion of food to do? ("Quiet.")
(a) Lok forward to the next day.
(b) Decide to die.
(c) Get a good nights rest.
(d) Find hope in life.
3. In "A Piece of Meat," who "offered" a "bloody sacrifice"?
4. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
5. What "large village" was the first destination for the narrator in "The Train"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was the narrator to go see Romanov in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
2. What was the narrator sitting by at the opening of "The Snake Charmer"?
3. What was the name of the famous hypnotist from Moscow circuses in the twenties? ("The Used-Book Dealer.")
4. On the train, in "The Train," what did the narrator state was his first happiness?
5. What story did the men at the fire NOT want to hear Platonov tell? (The Snake Charmer.")
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)