|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Used-Book Dealer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before 1938, according to "Land-Lease," what was used to move logs?
2. What was the only way that prisoners could stand by the stove in "Quiet"?
(a) To dry bread.
(b) To dry shoes.
(c) To warm their soup.
(d) To dry their hands.
3. What provided unexpected joy for the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot"?
(a) That no one knew his name.
(b) That he would never lose his law papers.
(c) That he was able to feel the heat of the stove.
(d) That others were weaker than he.
4. What occupation did Golubev's boss ask if any of the new prisoners had held? ("Magic.")
(b) Secret police.
5. Once on the train, who did the narrator find in his seat? ("The Train.")
(a) A drunk lieutenant.
(b) A pregnant woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of injection did the chief in "Chief of Political Control" need?
2. In what year was the narrator in "The Lawyers' Plot" born?
3. When the name "Skoroseev" was mentioned to the narrator, what did he immediately recall? ("Esperanto.")
4. Why was Peter Zayats beaten by the guards in "My First Tooth"?
5. What grade did the narrator receive on his test of the Russian language? ("The Used-Book Dealer.")
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)