|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lend-Lease, Condensed Milk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Quiet," what was concerning to the narrator about the tables in the camp dining room?
(a) They were broken.
(b) They were full of food.
(c) They were clean.
(d) They were sticky.
2. In "On Tick," what did the narrator say was the safest place to be?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The guards' room.
(c) The horse-drivers' barracks.
(d) The food-storage room.
3. What did Andrei Platonov do prior to being in the camps?
(a) He was a movie scriptwriter.
(b) He was a novelist.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a doctor.
4. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A bell.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A siren.
5. What was the hospital director doing with the doctors at the opening of "Chief of Political Control"?
(a) Playing pool.
(b) Watching a surgery.
(c) Complaining about the prisoners.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
2. What was the last thing that Golubev said in "A Piece of Meat"?
3. What work gang was never worried about in regard to running away? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
4. What did the sectarian need his extra portion of food to do? ("Quiet.")
5. Why was the window in the basement broken? ("My First Tooth.")
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)