|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lend-Lease, Condensed Milk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Piece of Meat," who "offered" a "bloody sacrifice"?
2. What appeared on a tree stump at the end of "Sententious"?
(a) A record-player.
(b) A pouch of tobacco.
(c) A pint of vodka.
(d) A clean pair of underware.
3. Why had the lawyers in "The Lawyers' Plot" been taken to the House of Vaskov?
(a) To be shot.
(b) To have a last meal.
(c) To be sentenced.
(d) To be released.
4. In "Major Pugachov's Last Battle," what did Major Pugachov tell a party boss he was preparing for?
(a) A concert.
(b) A trip to the ovens.
(c) A transfer to another camp.
(d) A play.
5. How many parts did the men have to divide their rations into? ("Dry Rations.")
Short Answer Questions
1. What was being yelled as Peter Zayats was thrown out of the shelter and into the snow? ("My First Tooth.")
2. What did the Diamond trucks and Studebakers haul along the roads in Kolyma? ("Land-Lease.")
3. Before 1938, according to "Land-Lease," what was used to move logs?
4. On a how many day march were the men in "My First Tooth" on?
5. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive bread?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)