|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My First Tooth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The supply room.
(c) The office of the chief.
(d) The guardhouse.
2. How many axe handles were the men in "Carpenters" required to make every day?
3. What did Merzlakov pretend was hurt so that he would not have to return to work?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His back.
(c) His hand.
(d) His leg.
4. Why did Golubev's boss like him? ("Magic.")
(a) For none of the reasons listed.
(b) Because he did not accept bribes.
(c) Because he hated drunks.
(d) For both reasons listed.
5. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim was the first pity to return?
(a) Pity for loved-ones.
(b) Pity for animals.
(c) Pity for self.
(d) Pity for mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Pushover Job," which northern tree did the narrator state that he loved the most?
2. How many carpenters were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
3. How many parts did the men have to divide their rations into? ("Dry Rations.")
4. To whom was "Sententious" dedicated?
5. What did the two men, from "A Pushover Job," place into the bag of pine needles?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)