|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My First Tooth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kurchen write his letter with his left hand instead of his right?
(a) His right hand had been burned.
(b) He lost his right hand in the ovens.
(c) He had been shot in the right shoulder.
(d) He was crippled on his right side.
2. What was the last thing that Golubev said in "A Piece of Meat"?
(a) "Go to hell."
(b) "Leave me to die."
(c) "Never again."
(d) "There is always tomorrow."
3. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
4. How many carpenters were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
5. What was a "kolymka"?
(a) A bread.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A camp.
(d) A pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator, in "Sententious," perceive the tent in which he slept?
2. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
3. What article of the Criminal Code defined political prisoners?
4. Why was the window in the basement broken? ("My First Tooth.")
5. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive hot food?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)