|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Piece of Meat, The Snake Charmer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
2. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
(a) The bathouse.
(b) The commander's home.
(c) A work house.
(d) A "vitamin factory."
3. What did the prisoners refuse to eat in the dining hall and take back to their barracks? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
4. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive hot food?
5. What did the narrator say that he refused to listen to? ("Sententious.")
(a) Love stories.
(b) Fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
2. What did the narrator say was the only thing that a prisoner would wash if he were only allotted a spoonful of water to bathe?
3. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
4. What was the last thing that Golubev said in "A Piece of Meat"?
5. What did the narrator always fail to do in time for dinner? ("Sententious.")
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)