|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Piece of Meat, The Snake Charmer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator compare the hills to in "A Pushover Job"?
(a) Loaves of sugar.
(b) Sugar cookies.
(c) Frosted glass.
2. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
3. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
(a) The "larger men."
(b) The "starved men."
(c) The "scrawny men."
(d) The "hungry men."
4. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
5. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The danger of a "lurch into death."
(b) The urge to escape.
(c) The desire to die.
(d) The renewed hope of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the barrenness of the winter, as described in "A Pushover Job," how far could a person be seen from?
2. What was Glebov's old occupation before being sent to the camps?
3. In "Major Pugachov's Last Battle," what keys did Gorbunov come to the guardhouse to get?
4. For Potashnikov, how long did his breakfast sustain his work? ("Carpenters.")
5. What did the sectarian need his extra portion of food to do? ("Quiet.")
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)