|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Piece of Meat, The Snake Charmer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Glebov want at the end of "In the Night"?
(a) A warm meal.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A smoke.
(d) A new coat.
2. How many parts did the men have to divide their rations into? ("Dry Rations.")
3. Because of the barrenness of the winter, as described in "A Pushover Job," how far could a person be seen from?
(a) A quarter mile away.
(b) 500 feet away.
(c) Half a mile away.
(d) A mile away.
4. What was Glebov's old occupation before being sent to the camps?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who was denied hot food for refusing to give up his prosthetic arm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator always fail to do in time for dinner? ("Sententious.")
2. How did the narrator, in "Sententious," perceive the tent in which he slept?
3. What was no convict able to have of his own? ("In the Bathhouse.")
4. What did Fedya call Platonov in "The Snake Charmer"?
5. In "A Piece of Meat," how did Golubev always sleep?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)