|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Major Pugachov's Last Battle, On Tick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
2. What work gang was never worried about in regard to running away? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
(a) The forestry gang.
(b) The road gang.
(c) The bathhouse gang.
(d) The mine gang.
3. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The urge to escape.
(b) The renewed hope of life.
(c) The desire to die.
(d) The danger of a "lurch into death."
4. What was a "kolymka"?
(a) A pudding.
(b) A bread.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A camp.
5. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim was the first pity to return?
2. What did Pesniakevich's mother own in Minsk? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
3. What did the narrator refuse to give up at the end of "Prosthetic Appliances"?
4. To whom was "Sententious" dedicated?
5. What was the name of the religious sect spoken about in "Quiet"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)