|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Major Pugachov's Last Battle, On Tick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Carpenters" state men were not shown?
(a) The food trucks.
(b) A clock.
(c) Where the blankets were.
(d) A thermometer.
2. How many axe handles were the men in "Carpenters" required to make every day?
3. From what book were the cards made from that were used in "On Tick"?
(a) A bible.
(b) A book by Victor Hugo.
(d) A book by Shakespeare.
4. How long had Merzlakov been in the camp (according to "Shock Therapy")?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six days.
(d) A year and a half.
5. In "Sententious," how many shotguns were kept in the tent of the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was no convict able to have of his own? ("In the Bathhouse.")
2. In "In the Night," what was Glebov in no hurry to swallow?
3. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
4. During what months would the dwarf cedar tree rise up from the ground?
5. What did the narrator claim was a "special joy for a convict"? ("Dry Rations")
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)