|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Major Pugachov's Last Battle, On Tick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
(a) Three spoonfuls of porridge.
(b) An ounce of milk.
(c) One slice of bread.
(d) Two eggs.
2. Fedya Shapov had been a member of what league prior to becoming a prisoner?
(a) The Youth League of Russia.
(b) The Imperialist League.
(c) The Red Power League.
(d) The Young Communist League.
3. Who was denied hot food for refusing to give up his prosthetic arm?
4. In "In the Night," what was Glebov in no hurry to swallow?
5. What did Merzlakov pretend was hurt so that he would not have to return to work?
(a) His hand.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His back.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
2. Because of the barrenness of the winter, as described in "A Pushover Job," how far could a person be seen from?
3. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
4. What did the narrator say that he refused to listen to? ("Sententious.")
5. What did the narrator claim was "a relative concept"? ("In the Bathhouse")
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)