|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Major Pugachov's Last Battle, On Tick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Carpenters," for how long had the fog been so thick that a man was not able to be seen from "two paces away"?
(b) 2 days.
(c) A month.
(d) One week.
2. What did Pesniakevich's mother own in Minsk? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A whore-house.
(d) A laundry.
3. What did the narrator always fail to do in time for dinner? ("Sententious.")
(a) Boil water.
(b) Change clothes.
(c) Make bread.
4. Whose job was it to run the bathhouse and disinfect clothes at the work camps?
(a) The section commanders.
(b) The work-men from the barracks.
(c) The Bathhouse Squad.
(d) The Sanitation Squad.
5. What work gang was never worried about in regard to running away? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
(a) The forestry gang.
(b) The road gang.
(c) The mine gang.
(d) The bathhouse gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Garkunov at the end of "On Tick"?
2. What did Seva refuse to play cards for? ("On Tick.")
3. What did the narrator claim had left all men, in "Dry Rations," because of the long fasts that they suffered through?
4. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
5. What did the prisoners refuse to eat in the dining hall and take back to their barracks? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)