|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sententious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
(a) A lost purse.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A bread supply.
(d) A road to escape.
2. In "A Pushover Job," which northern tree did the narrator state that he loved the most?
(a) The dwarf cedar.
(b) The massive oak.
(c) The giant elm.
(d) The dwarf pine.
3. Fedya Shapov had been a member of what league prior to becoming a prisoner?
(a) The Red Power League.
(b) The Imperialist League.
(c) The Young Communist League.
(d) The Youth League of Russia.
4. What did Bagretsov cut his finger on as he lay on the ground near Glebov?
(a) A zipper.
(b) A rock.
(c) A branch.
(d) A knife.
5. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The renewed hope of life.
(b) The desire to die.
(c) The danger of a "lurch into death."
(d) The urge to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In the Night," what was Glebov in no hurry to swallow?
2. What did the narrator say that he refused to listen to? ("Sententious.")
3. What did the narrator compare the hills to in "A Pushover Job"?
4. For Potashnikov, how long did his breakfast sustain his work? ("Carpenters.")
5. What did the two men, from "A Pushover Job," place into the bag of pine needles?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)