|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sententious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
2. In "Carpenters," for how long had the fog been so thick that a man was not able to be seen from "two paces away"?
(a) One week.
(b) 2 days.
(d) A month.
3. What prints did the men in "Dry Rations" follow to get to the spring?
(a) Solider's foot prints.
(b) Tractor prints.
(c) Wagon prints.
(d) Deer prints.
4. As told in "In the Bathhouse," how many men are packed into the dressing-rooms of the bathhouse?
(a) Twenty at a time.
(b) Ten to fifteen.
(c) Up to a hundred.
5. In "A Pushover Job," which northern tree did the narrator state that he loved the most?
(a) The dwarf cedar.
(b) The dwarf pine.
(c) The giant elm.
(d) The massive oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator always fail to do in time for dinner? ("Sententious.")
2. How long had Merzlakov been in the camp (according to "Shock Therapy")?
3. Fedya Shapov had been a member of what league prior to becoming a prisoner?
4. What did the narrator claim was a "special joy for a convict"? ("Dry Rations")
5. What did the narrator say was the only thing that a prisoner would wash if he were only allotted a spoonful of water to bathe?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)