|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carpenters, Dry Rations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prints did the men in "Dry Rations" follow to get to the spring?
(a) Solider's foot prints.
(b) Wagon prints.
(c) Deer prints.
(d) Tractor prints.
2. As told in "In the Bathhouse," how many men are packed into the dressing-rooms of the bathhouse?
(b) Twenty at a time.
(c) Ten to fifteen.
(d) Up to a hundred.
3. What did Glebov want at the end of "In the Night"?
(a) A coffee.
(b) A smoke.
(c) A warm meal.
(d) A new coat.
4. Fedya Shapov had been a member of what league prior to becoming a prisoner?
(a) The Red Power League.
(b) The Imperialist League.
(c) The Youth League of Russia.
(d) The Young Communist League.
5. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
(a) A work house.
(b) The commander's home.
(c) A "vitamin factory."
(d) The bathouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Potashnikov, how long did his breakfast sustain his work? ("Carpenters.")
2. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
3. What did the narrator claim was "a relative concept"? ("In the Bathhouse")
4. What did the narrator compare the hills to in "A Pushover Job"?
5. How many axe handles were the men in "Carpenters" required to make every day?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)