|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carpenters, Dry Rations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Potashnikov, how long did his breakfast sustain his work? ("Carpenters.")
(a) 90 Minutes.
(b) 150 minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) 120 minutes.
2. How many axe handles were the men in "Carpenters" required to make every day?
3. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
(a) The "larger men."
(b) The "hungry men."
(c) The "starved men."
(d) The "scrawny men."
4. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
5. What did the narrator say was the only thing that a prisoner would wash if he were only allotted a spoonful of water to bathe?
(a) His nose.
(b) His ears.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
2. What did the narrator compare the hills to in "A Pushover Job"?
3. Because of the barrenness of the winter, as described in "A Pushover Job," how far could a person be seen from?
4. In "Shock Therapy," what was described as Merzlakov's former profession?
5. How many parts did the men have to divide their rations into? ("Dry Rations.")
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)