|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carpenters, Dry Rations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "In The Night," what had just ended?
(c) Noon tea.
2. What did the two men, from "A Pushover Job," place into the bag of pine needles?
(a) A watch.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A stick.
(d) A stone.
3. What mountain spring did the narrator and his three companions reach at the beginning of "Dry Rations"?
4. What was no convict able to have of his own? ("In the Bathhouse.")
5. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
(a) The "hungry men."
(b) The "starved men."
(c) The "larger men."
(d) The "scrawny men."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
2. In "A Pushover Job," which northern tree did the narrator state that he loved the most?
3. What prints did the men in "Dry Rations" follow to get to the spring?
4. What did the narrator say was the only thing that a prisoner would wash if he were only allotted a spoonful of water to bathe?
5. What did Glebov want at the end of "In the Night"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)