|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carpenters, Dry Rations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what months would the dwarf cedar tree rise up from the ground?
(a) December or January.
(b) April or May.
(c) September or October.
(d) March or April.
2. How long had Merzlakov been in the camp (according to "Shock Therapy")?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Six days.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
3. What did the narrator claim had left all men, in "Dry Rations," because of the long fasts that they suffered through?
(a) All desire to survive.
(b) All will to live.
(c) All need for food.
(d) All human emotions.
4. What did Merzlakov pretend was hurt so that he would not have to return to work?
(a) His back.
(b) His hand.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
5. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
(a) The "larger men."
(b) The "hungry men."
(c) The "scrawny men."
(d) The "starved men."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
2. In "Shock Therapy," what was described as Merzlakov's former profession?
3. Who did Fedya write to at the end of "Dry Rations"?
4. What did Potashnikov receive for dinner at the end of "Carpenters"?
5. What did Glebov want at the end of "In the Night"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)