|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carpenters, Dry Rations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
2. How many axe handles were the men in "Carpenters" required to make every day?
3. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
(a) A "vitamin factory."
(b) The bathouse.
(c) A work house.
(d) The commander's home.
4. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
(a) The "larger men."
(b) The "starved men."
(c) The "scrawny men."
(d) The "hungry men."
5. In "Shock Therapy," what was described as Merzlakov's former profession?
(a) A stable-hand.
(b) A cattle rancher.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A grain cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the barrenness of the winter, as described in "A Pushover Job," how far could a person be seen from?
2. What did the narrator say was the only thing that a prisoner would wash if he were only allotted a spoonful of water to bathe?
3. What did Glebov want at the end of "In the Night"?
4. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
5. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)