|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Esperanto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
2. How many carpenters were allowed to be retained in "Magic"?
3. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
4. In "The Snake Charmer," how long did Platonov say that he had been in Jankhar?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
5. What story did the men at the fire NOT want to hear Platonov tell? (The Snake Charmer.")
(a) "The Vampire."
(c) "The Count of Montecristo."
(d) "The Club of Black Jacks."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In The Night," what were Glebov and Bagretsov looking for?
2. When the name "Skoroseev" was mentioned to the narrator, what did he immediately recall? ("Esperanto.")
3. Who was Golubev's bosses favorite? ("Magic.")
4. What did Garkunov have under his dirty undershirt?
5. What did the prisoners refuse to eat in the dining hall and take back to their barracks? ("Major Pugachov's Last Battle.")
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)