|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Esperanto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Golubev's bosses favorite? ("Magic.")
2. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
(a) A work house.
(b) A "vitamin factory."
(c) The bathouse.
(d) The commander's home.
3. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
(a) One slice of bread.
(b) An ounce of milk.
(c) Three spoonfuls of porridge.
(d) Two eggs.
4. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive bread?
5. What did Bagretsov cut his finger on as he lay on the ground near Glebov?
(a) A zipper.
(b) A rock.
(c) A branch.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equipment arrived from America and, therefore, convicts learned a new word?
2. In "Quiet," what was concerning to the narrator about the tables in the camp dining room?
3. How many parts did the men have to divide their rations into? ("Dry Rations.")
4. What appeared on a tree stump at the end of "Sententious"?
5. What did the narrator call "precious things" in "Esperanto"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)