|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Esperanto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Shock Therapy," what was described as Merzlakov's former profession?
(a) A stable-hand.
(b) A cattle rancher.
(c) A grain cutter.
(d) A farmer.
2. Why had the lawyers in "The Lawyers' Plot" been taken to the House of Vaskov?
(a) To be released.
(b) To be sentenced.
(c) To have a last meal.
(d) To be shot.
3. What was no convict able to have of his own? ("In the Bathhouse.")
4. Why did Kurchen write his letter with his left hand instead of his right?
(a) He was crippled on his right side.
(b) He had been shot in the right shoulder.
(c) His right hand had been burned.
(d) He lost his right hand in the ovens.
5. What did the Diamond trucks and Studebakers haul along the roads in Kolyma? ("Land-Lease.")
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
2. What did the narrator say "materialized out of nowhere"? ("Sententious.")
3. What did the two men, from "A Pushover Job," place into the bag of pine needles?
4. How many men were standing in the corridor awaiting a strip search? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
5. What was Romanov's real occupation? ("The Lawyers' Plot.")
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)