|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Esperanto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pesniakevich's mother own in Minsk? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A laundry.
(d) A whore-house.
2. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive hot food?
3. What occupation did Golubev's boss ask if any of the new prisoners had held? ("Magic.")
(b) Secret police.
4. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
5. What did the sectarian need his extra portion of food to do? ("Quiet.")
(a) Decide to die.
(b) Lok forward to the next day.
(c) Get a good nights rest.
(d) Find hope in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the new group of prisoners come from? ("Magic.")
2. According to Merzlakov, who were the first to die in the camps?
3. How did the narrator, in "Sententious," perceive the tent in which he slept?
4. What fresh prints were described at the opening of "Land Lease"?
5. What were contained in the "magical jars" in the story "Land-Lease"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)