|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prosthetic Appliances, Quiet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bagretsov cut his finger on as he lay on the ground near Glebov?
(a) A zipper.
(b) A rock.
(c) A knife.
(d) A branch.
2. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The renewed hope of life.
(b) The desire to die.
(c) The urge to escape.
(d) The danger of a "lurch into death."
3. Who did Fedya write to at the end of "Dry Rations"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
4. Whose job was it to run the bathhouse and disinfect clothes at the work camps?
(a) The work-men from the barracks.
(b) The Sanitation Squad.
(c) The Bathhouse Squad.
(d) The section commanders.
5. What did the narrator compare the hills to in "A Pushover Job"?
(a) Sugar cookies.
(c) Frosted glass.
(d) Loaves of sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the needles of the dwarf cedar tree taken to?
2. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive hot food?
3. What did Potashnikov receive for dinner at the end of "Carpenters"?
4. What did "Carpenters" state men were not shown?
5. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)