|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator sitting by at the opening of "The Snake Charmer"?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A fence.
(c) A tree.
(d) A gun.
2. According to Golubev's boss in "Magic," who are all of the carpenters?
(a) Those with stitches on their arms.
(b) The peasants.
(c) The men with belts.
(d) Those with bruised hands.
3. Who was shot in "Quiet"?
(a) The food server.
(b) The guard.
(c) The sectarian.
(d) The guard's dog.
4. Why did Golubev's boss like him? ("Magic.")
(a) For none of the reasons listed.
(b) Because he hated drunks.
(c) Because he did not accept bribes.
(d) For both reasons listed.
5. What article of the Criminal Code defined political prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fedya call Platonov in "The Snake Charmer"?
2. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
3. How many men were standing in the corridor awaiting a strip search? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
4. Whose job was it to run the bathhouse and disinfect clothes at the work camps?
5. What appeared on a tree stump at the end of "Sententious"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)