|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Shakespearean character was the taker of "meat" compared?
2. What are the bathhouse sessions referred to in "In the Bathhouse"?
3. Which of the following instruments were allowed to be used by political prisoners when under the watch of the worst camp heads?
(c) All of those listed.
4. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim was the first pity to return?
(a) Pity for self.
(b) Pity for loved-ones.
(c) Pity for animals.
(d) Pity for mankind.
5. According to Golubev's boss in "Magic," who are all of the carpenters?
(a) Those with bruised hands.
(b) Those with stitches on their arms.
(c) The men with belts.
(d) The peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was "Sententious" dedicated?
2. What had Merzlakov received for breakfast on the morning that he compared humans to livestock?
3. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
4. What did Merzlakov steal when he "miraculously managed" to get a stable-hand job at the camps?
5. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive bread?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)