|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As told in "In the Bathhouse," how many men are packed into the dressing-rooms of the bathhouse?
(a) Ten to fifteen.
(b) Twenty at a time.
(c) Up to a hundred.
2. What did the narrator say "materialized out of nowhere"? ("Sententious.")
3. In "Sententious," how many shotguns were kept in the tent of the narrator?
4. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The danger of a "lurch into death."
(b) The urge to escape.
(c) The desire to die.
(d) The renewed hope of life.
5. According to Golubev's boss in "Magic," who are all of the carpenters?
(a) The peasants.
(b) Those with stitches on their arms.
(c) The men with belts.
(d) Those with bruised hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Prosthetic Appliances," what would a guard mark a cell with if the cell was not to receive bread?
2. What did the narrator claim was "a relative concept"? ("In the Bathhouse")
3. Where, in "Magic," was Golubev summoned to?
4. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
5. How many men were standing in the corridor awaiting a strip search? ("Prosthetic Appliances.")
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)