|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lend-Lease, Condensed Milk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
(a) A phone call.
(b) An alarm.
(c) A siren.
(d) A bell.
2. What did the narrator always fail to do in time for dinner? ("Sententious.")
(b) Boil water.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Make bread.
3. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim was the first pity to return?
(a) Pity for self.
(b) Pity for animals.
(c) Pity for loved-ones.
(d) Pity for mankind.
4. What did the chief, in "Chief of Political Control," refuse in place of doing business first?
5. What did the narrator say was mixed into the bread that made it "magnificent"? ("Land-Lease.")
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was "Sententious" dedicated?
2. How long had the bodies been in the mass grave? ("Land-Lease.")
3. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
4. What, in "Land-Lease," was nicknamed "American honey"?
5. What fresh prints were described at the opening of "Land Lease"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)