|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lend-Lease, Condensed Milk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator say was mixed into the bread that made it "magnificent"? ("Land-Lease.")
2. What equipment arrived from America and, therefore, convicts learned a new word?
(c) Front-end loader.
3. What, in "Land-Lease," was nicknamed "American honey"?
(c) Condensed milk.
4. What were contained in the "magical jars" in the story "Land-Lease"?
(c) Vienna Sausages.
5. What was the Convict Injector to be replaced with? ("The Injector")
(a) An older injector.
(c) A new injector.
(d) A civilian employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were "unfortunate ones" made to think that machine grease was? ("Land-Lease.")
2. What kind of injection did the chief in "Chief of Political Control" need?
3. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
4. What color was the notebook that the men found in "A Child's Drawing"?
5. What did the narrator claim was the farthest thing from envy, fear and bitterness? ("Sententious.")
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)