|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lend-Lease, Condensed Milk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were contained in the "magical jars" in the story "Land-Lease"?
(d) Vienna Sausages.
2. What kind of bird did the narrator say was unafraid of people and could be shot easily? ("Sententious.")
3. What kind of injection did the chief in "Chief of Political Control" need?
(a) Blood thickener.
4. In Kolyma, what "keeps secrets and reveals them"? ("Land-Lease.")
5. What did the narrator, in "Sententious," claim that each day brought?
(a) The desire to die.
(b) The renewed hope of life.
(c) The danger of a "lurch into death."
(d) The urge to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was "Sententious" dedicated?
2. To what director was "The Injector" written to?
3. What day was it during "Chief of Political Control"?
4. What, in "Chief of Political Control," was summoning the hospital director?
5. What was the hospital director doing with the doctors at the opening of "Chief of Political Control"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)