Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
Soseki and Sensei seem to have a connection to each other right from the beginning of the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki feels drawn to Sensei immediately?
Part 2: Do you believe that people can be connected before they know each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: Have you ever felt connected to someone else immediately? Why or why not?
In a world of waning traditions, Soseki says there is a loneliness which emerges in the culture and among the people.
Part 1: Why do you think society becomes lonely without tradition?
Part 2: Do you agree that loneliness occurs when traditions fade? Why or why not?
Part 3: What traditions have faded from your life that you miss? Why?
This particular book has been translated from Japanese, which is often problematic in terms of conveying all of the meaning the author had in mind.
Part 1: Do you think it's right to translate books into another language? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a book loses its power when it is translated into another language? Why or why not?
Part 3: How can a book's power be preserved during the translation process?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)