Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
Essay Topic 1
K seems to be a person who overextends himself and who is hurting himself because of his passion in life.
Part 1: Why do you think K doesn't realize that he is overextending himself?
Part 2: Do you think that being passionate requires that you work harder than others might? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think K could have brought more balance into his life?
Essay Topic 2
Soseki continues to try to get to know more about Sensei, looking to Sensei's wife for answers as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki is so persistent in learning more about Sensei?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise decision to try to learn more about someone else when they obviously don't want you to learn more? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Sensei's life remains a mystery from Soseki even as he looks to others for answers?
Essay Topic 3
This particular book has been translated from Japanese, which is often problematic in terms of conveying all of the meaning the author had in mind.
Part 1: Do you think it's right to translate books into another language? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think a book loses its power when it is translated into another language? Why or why not?
Part 3: How can a book's power be preserved during the translation process?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)