Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
Essay Topic 1
Soseki and Sensei seem to have a connection to each other right from the beginning of the story.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki feels drawn to Sensei immediately?
Part 2: Do you believe that people can be connected before they know each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: Have you ever felt connected to someone else immediately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The family is greatly affected when the Emperor passes away.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki's family was so affected by the death of the Emperor?
Part 2: Do you think you would be affected by the death of a politician? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does the reaction to the death of the Emperor say about the role of an Emperor in the lives of the Japanese?
Essay Topic 3
The failing health of a parent is always distressing news, but the question of what a child's responsibility is is another urgent concern.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki feels the need to be with his father when he is sick?
Part 2: Do you think it's a child's duty to take care of their parent when they are sick? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if you found out a parent was sick? Why?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)