Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
Essay Topic 1
Sensei notes that when he is around the one he loves, he feels complete and like his life has meaning.
Part 1: Why do you think loved ones can make us feel more valuable in the world?
Part 2: Do you think one should feel complete on their own or should another person be responsible for making someone feel complete? Why?
Part 3: In terms of your friends, how do you feel about yourself when you are around them? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Sensei is filled with fear and anger than K feels the same way about Ojosan.
Part 1: Why do you think Sensei keeps his feelings about Ojosan inside?
Part 2: How do you think you would have reacted if you knew your best friend loved the same person you did?
Part 3: How else might Sensei have dealt with his feelings about K in relation to K's feelings about Ojosan?
Essay Topic 3
Sensei points out that Soseki makes fun of love because he has not already been in it.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki makes fun of those who appear to be in love?
Part 2: Do you think you need to have been in love in order to understand it? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does Sensei's observation about Soseki say about Sensei's idea or experience of love? Why?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)