Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
K seems to be a person who overextends himself and who is hurting himself because of his passion in life.
Part 1: Why do you think K doesn't realize that he is overextending himself?
Part 2: Do you think that being passionate requires that you work harder than others might? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think K could have brought more balance into his life?
The failing health of a parent is always distressing news, but the question of what a child's responsibility is is another urgent concern.
Part 1: Why do you think Soseki feels the need to be with his father when he is sick?
Part 2: Do you think it's a child's duty to take care of their parent when they are sick? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if you found out a parent was sick? Why?
Sensei's refusal to tell his story causes Soseki to believe that Sensei does not trust him.
Part 1: Why do you think Sensei refuses to tell Soseki his story at first?
Part 2: Do you think it's fair for Soseki to want to know Sensei's life story? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you answer personal questions from people you hardly know? Or don't you? Why?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)