|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease killed Sensei’s father?
(c) Lung cancer.
2. To what park do K and Sensei walk from the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Kyushu park.
(b) Yedo park.
(c) Ueno Park.
(d) Hongo park.
3. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “There are advantages and disadvantages in having one's children” what?
(a) Learn karate.
4. With whom has Okusan gone out when Sensei returns home to find Ojosan and K sitting alone in his room together the first time in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The maid.
5. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “As I look about me, I find that I really have no” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sensei asks for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, he says the conversation does not last longer than what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. Who was left in charge of Sensei after the death of his parents?
3. What is K wearing around his wrist when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer vacation from college?
4. What religious book does Sensei find in K’s room at the temple after he returns from his first summer vacation at college?
5. By what name does the narrator’s father refer to his wife in Part II, My Parents and I?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sensei go about getting approval to marry Ojosan? What is the result?
2. When does Sensei tell Soseki he began to respect him in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. How does Soseki’s father’s health correspond to the newspapers in Part II, My Parents and I?
4. What conclusion does Sensei reach at the end of his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. How does Soseki’s father greet him when he arrives home in Part II, My Parents and I? What is Soseki’s impression?
6. Where does Sensei go after proposing to marry Ojosan in Part III, Sensei’s Testament? What does he think about?
7. What is revealed in K’s suicide note in Part III, Sensei’s Testament? How does Sensei react?
8. How does Sensei’s past, revealed in his final letter, explain his demeanor in the earlier parts of the novel?
9. How does Sensei know K? How does K defy his parents’ wishes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
10. Where does Sensei move after severing ties with his adoptive family in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)