|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Past what temple does Sensei walk after crossing the Mansei Bridge in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Denzuin Temple.
(b) A Shinshu temple.
(d) The Temple of Myojin.
2. When Sensei asks for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, he says the conversation does not last longer than what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) 6 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 2 mintues.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. Sensei describes the road between the stone bridge and where as being particularly bad in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. How many siblings does Ojosan have in the novel?
5. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
(a) The Hongo area.
(b) The Yedo area.
(c) The Boshu area.
(d) The Ueno area.
6. What disease killed Sensei’s father?
(d) Lung cancer.
7. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “We are not in Tokyo, you know. Country people are rather” what?
(a) “Fussy and resentful.”
(b) “Simple and angry.”
(c) “Humble and honest.”
(d) “Spiritual and loving.”
8. The head of the family that was renting a room in the house that Sensei would eventually take was killed in what war, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Shimabara Rebellion.
(b) The Indian-Japanese War.
(c) The Russo-Japanese War.
(d) The Sino-Japanese War.
9. After discovering K’s body, whom does Sensei decide to wake?
(d) The main.
10. What refers to the medieval Japanese act of vassals committing ritual suicide upon the death of their lord?
11. Where does K tell Sensei he had met Ojosan by chance and walked her home in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
12. Why does the narrator’s sister not return home while their father is ill in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) She doesn't get along with her mother.
(b) She doesn't get along with her father.
(c) She fears having a miscarriage.
(d) She doesn't like the countryside.
13. What “delicacy” does the narrator’s father enjoy having his wife prepare for him while he is bed-ridden in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) Dolphin fin soup.
(b) Grilled rice cakes.
(c) Whale steak.
(d) Fried mushrooms.
14. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means asserting opinions in an arrogant manner?
15. Sensei and K decide to go to the coast of where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament during summer vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K wearing around his wrist when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer vacation from college?
2. By what name does the narrator’s father refer to his wife in Part II, My Parents and I?
3. In the middle of what month do K and Sensei return to college in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. Sensei has a dining table specially made for Okusan by a furniture maker where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. Sensei claims in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “I do believe that for love to grow there must first be the impact of” what?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)