|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A leopard.
2. Why does the narrator’s sister not return home while their father is ill in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) She fears having a miscarriage.
(b) She doesn't get along with her mother.
(c) She doesn't like the countryside.
(d) She doesn't get along with her father.
3. K was adopted into the home of what?
(a) A general.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A samurai.
(d) A priest.
4. What is K wearing around his wrist when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer vacation from college?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A watch.
(c) A cast.
(d) A rosary.
5. Sensei claims in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that Sensei’s family attempted to force him into a marriage with whom while he was in college?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
6. On their first summer break in college, K rents a room in a temple where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
7. What does Okusan bring to Sensei after he says he is not feeling well in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) A trout fillet.
(c) Buckwheat gruel.
(d) Rice cakes.
8. How did K die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had typhoid.
(d) He committed suicide.
9. With whom has Okusan gone out when Sensei returns home to find Ojosan and K sitting alone in his room together the first time in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(d) The maid.
10. When was General Nogi born?
11. What religious book does Sensei find in K’s room at the temple after he returns from his first summer vacation at college?
(a) A Vinaya.
(b) A Koran.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A torah.
12. Sensei has a dining table specially made for Okusan by a furniture maker where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
13. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “Since my past was experienced only by me, I might be excused if I regarded it as” what?
(a) “My religion.”
(b) “My foundation.”
(c) “My being.”
(d) “My property.”
14. How old was General Nogi when he died?
15. What church does Sensei say was very powerful in his native district in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Denzuin church.
(b) The Myojin church.
(c) The Hongan church.
(d) The Shinshu church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
2. What phrase is K particularly interested in when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer from college?
3. Through the grounds of what temple does Sensei enter the house of Okusan in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “We are not in Tokyo, you know. Country people are rather” what?
5. Sensei and K decide to go to the coast of where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament during summer vacation?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)