|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what park do K and Sensei walk from the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Hongo park.
(b) Yedo park.
(c) Ueno Park.
(d) Kyushu park.
2. What poems does Sensei ask K if he knows after a game of cards in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The poems of Monk Sogi.
(b) The HyakuninIsshu poems.
(c) The haikus of Matsuo Basho.
(d) The Heike Monogatari.
3. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “The development—or the destruction—of man’s body and mind depends upon” what?
(a) “Natural forces.”
(b) “Spiritual forces.”
(c) “Internal stimuli.”
(d) “External stimuli.”
4. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A wolf.
5. Where does Sensei say K was born in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Temple of Myojin.
(c) A Shinshu temple.
(d) Denzuin Temple.
6. What is Sensei speaking of when he says they “are not meant to stir the air only: they are capable of moving greater things” in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
7. Who informs Sensei of the widow and her vacant room in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) A confectioner.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A butcher.
8. How many days a week does K arrive home before Sensei in their last year at the university in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
9. What religious book does Sensei find in K’s room at the temple after he returns from his first summer vacation at college?
(a) A Koran.
(b) A Vinaya.
(c) A torah.
(d) A Bible.
10. Sensei describes walking up the slope of Koishikawa toward what temple in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Denzuin Temple.
(b) Konnyaku-Emma Temple.
(c) The Temple of Myojin.
(d) Shinshu temple.
11. Sensei’s landlady tells him that the reason she wanted a boarder was what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(d) To find a suitor for her daughter.
12. The head of the family that was renting a room in the house that Sensei would eventually take was killed in what war, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Russo-Japanese War.
(b) The Sino-Japanese War.
(c) The Shimabara Rebellion.
(d) The Indian-Japanese War.
13. What phrase is K particularly interested in when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer from college?
(a) “Jesus and the books.”
(b) “Buddha and the elephant.”
(c) “Mohammed and the sword.”
(d) “Confucius and the fire.”
14. Okusan takes Sensei out to dinner at a restaurant on what street in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
15. Who was left in charge of Sensei after the death of his parents?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
2. When was Emperor Meiji born?
3. The narrator tells his mother that he will have to go to Tokyo when in Part II, My Parents and I?
4. Sensei explains in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that rickshaw wheels then did not have what, as they do now?
5. K tells Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that he doesn’t mind deceiving his foster parents so long as it will lead him to what?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)