|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sensei visit before leaving his home for Tokyo after the quarrel with his uncle in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) The temple square.
(c) His sister's grave.
(d) His parents’ graves.
2. Sensei says he was not yet how old when he lost both of his parents in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. Who was left in charge of Sensei after the death of his parents?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
4. The narrator states in Part II, My Parents and I, “My mother seemed to attach about as much importance to my graduation as she would have done to my” what?
(d) “First child.”
5. In the middle of what month do K and Sensei return to college in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
6. K tells Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that he doesn’t mind deceiving his foster parents so long as it will lead him to what?
(a) “Important answers.”
(b) “A better life.”
(c) “The true way.”
(d) “Enormous wealth.”
7. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means asserting opinions in an arrogant manner?
8. What word from the novel refers to a Japanese stringed instrument consisting of a rectangular wooden body over which are stretched silk strings?
9. When was Emperor Meiji born?
10. Sensei claims in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “I do believe that for love to grow there must first be the impact of” what?
11. Who informs Sensei of the widow and her vacant room in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) A confectioner.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A butcher.
12. What term refers to the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan?
13. Where does K tell Sensei he had met Ojosan by chance and walked her home in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
14. Sensei says of the financial agreement reached between him and his uncle that he had two options: to accept what was offered, or to do what?
(a) Sue him.
(b) Withdraw from the family.
(c) Propose a counter offer.
(d) Kill him.
15. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
(c) Going to be Emperor.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church does Sensei say was very powerful in his native district in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. Through the grounds of what temple does Sensei enter the house of Okusan in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he was brought up to be what?
4. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
5. What poems does Sensei ask K if he knows after a game of cards in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)