|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sensei claims in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that Sensei’s family attempted to force him into a marriage with whom while he was in college?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His neighbor.
2. Why does the narrator’s sister not return home while their father is ill in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) She fears having a miscarriage.
(b) She doesn't get along with her father.
(c) She doesn't like the countryside.
(d) She doesn't get along with her mother.
3. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “Women in those days did not wear their hair over their foreheads, but twisted it up like” what on top of their heads?
(b) “Pig tails.”
(c) “Jungle vines.”
(d) “Snake coils.”
4. How many siblings does K have in the novel?
5. How does K earn money to attend college after being disowned by his foster family?
(c) Working as a janitor.
6. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
(a) Getting married.
(c) Going to be Emperor.
7. By what name does the narrator’s father refer to his wife in Part II, My Parents and I?
8. What job offer does a friend from school send to the narrator in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) A managerial position.
(b) A government position.
(c) A laborer position.
(d) A secondary teaching post.
9. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means flirtation?
10. What does Okusan bring to Sensei after he says he is not feeling well in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Buckwheat gruel.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Rice cakes.
(d) A trout fillet.
11. Where is K buried in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
12. After asking for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, where does Sensei leave the house to go in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
13. Sensei’s landlady tells him that the reason she wanted a boarder was what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) To find a suitor for her daughter.
14. When was Emperor Meiji born?
15. In the middle of what month do K and Sensei return to college in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator say he had come home in Part II, My Parents and I?
2. On their first summer break in college, K rents a room in a temple where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. With whom has Okusan gone out when Sensei returns home to find Ojosan and K sitting alone in his room together the first time in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. How many siblings does Ojosan have in the novel?
5. The narrator tells his mother that he will have to go to Tokyo when in Part II, My Parents and I?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)