|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A crocodile.
2. Sensei explains in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that rickshaw wheels then did not have what, as they do now?
(a) Rubber tires.
(c) Valve stems.
(d) Lug nuts.
3. Where does K tell Sensei he had met Ojosan by chance and walked her home in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. K tells Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that he doesn’t mind deceiving his foster parents so long as it will lead him to what?
(a) “The true way.”
(b) “Important answers.”
(c) “A better life.”
(d) “Enormous wealth.”
5. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means flirtation?
6. How many siblings does Ojosan have in the novel?
7. K was the son of a priest in what sect?
8. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “We are not in Tokyo, you know. Country people are rather” what?
(a) “Fussy and resentful.”
(b) “Simple and angry.”
(c) “Humble and honest.”
(d) “Spiritual and loving.”
9. How does K earn money to attend college after being disowned by his foster family?
(b) Working as a janitor.
10. How old was General Nogi when he died?
11. What is the name of the widow and Sensei’s landlord in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
12. When was General Nogi born?
13. How does the narrator’s father always refer to Emperor Meiji when discussing news of him in the papers?
(a) His Excellency.
(b) The Wise One.
(c) His Majesty.
(d) The Holy One.
14. What disease killed Sensei’s father?
(b) Lung cancer.
15. What church does Sensei say was very powerful in his native district in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Myojin church.
(b) The Denzuin church.
(c) The Shinshu church.
(d) The Hongan church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “In those days, such phrases as ‘the age of awakening’ or” what had not yet come into fashion?
2. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
3. After discovering K’s body, whom does Sensei decide to wake?
4. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “I was like a man who runs to the edge of a cliff, and looking down, sees that the abyss is” what?
5. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “Since my past was experienced only by me, I might be excused if I regarded it as” what?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)