Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bride that is offered to Sensei during one of his breaks from school?
(a) A Chinese woman.
(b) A family friend.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
2. What does Sensei see on the wall when he goes in to talk to K in his bedroom?
(a) A note.
3. Sensei notices on his third trip home during a school break that his male _________ is treating him coldly.
4. During the third summer holiday, K writes a letter to ____________ to let them know he is not practicing medicine.
(a) His friends.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His parents.
(d) His foster parents.
5. Soseki compares his father disparagingly to _______________ as they are standing and talking together.
6. Where is Soseki's father when he returns to visit his home to see his family?
(b) The garage.
7. Sensei has the choice of ____________ his uncle or taking what his uncle can offer to him, which Sensei does.
8. When the family hears about Emperor Meiji's illness, Soseki's parents suggest delaying the _____________.
(b) Birthday party.
9. What is the degree that K secretly pursues even though his parents think that he is studying medicine at school?
(b) English literature.
10. Sensei reminds Soseki that he once looked at him in __________, believing his views showed off his youth and inexperience.
11. When K finds out about the engagement, he wishes congratulations and apologizes for not having ________________.
(a) A flower to share.
(b) Proposed earlier.
(c) Realized Sensei's feelings.
(d) Money for a gift.
12. Eventually, Okusan and her daughter invite Sensei over for __________ and to share in long conversations.
13. Where does the family receive regular updates on the condition of Emperor Meiji as his condition progresses?
(c) A neighbor.
14. Why doesn't Sensei want to get married when his family starts to pressure him to do so?
(a) He wants to stay single.
(b) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(c) He isn't in love with anyone.
(d) He is too young.
15. Who is furious and refuses to pay for K's education as K is not studying what the family wants him to be studying?
(a) K's foster mother.
(b) K's father.
(c) K's mother.
(d) K's foster father.
Short Answer Questions
1. To help K, Sensei tells him that he wants to learn from K by __________ with K.
2. Sensei warns Soseki that he will now descend into a world of moral ____________ and then he begins his story.
3. K feels he has been _____________ when his natural family reclaims him and money is given back to the foster family for the educational expenses.
4. Sensei learns that his uncle is keeping a _______________ and that his failing business suddenly did better after Sensei's parents died.
5. Soseki begins to worry about what he will tell his family if Sensei does not find him a ______________.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)