|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “We are not in Tokyo, you know. Country people are rather” what?
(a) “Fussy and resentful.”
(b) “Humble and honest.”
(c) “Simple and angry.”
(d) “Spiritual and loving.”
2. Sensei describes the road between the stone bridge and where as being particularly bad in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. What refers to a system for structuring society around relationships derived from the holding of land in exchange for service or labor?
4. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I that the younger generation only knows how to do what?
(a) Complain about everything.
(b) Spend money.
(c) Worship the emperor.
(d) Enjoy life.
5. Sensei claims in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that Sensei’s family attempted to force him into a marriage with whom while he was in college?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His neighbor.
6. Sensei has a dining table specially made for Okusan by a furniture maker where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
7. When Sensei asks for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, he says the conversation does not last longer than what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 2 mintues.
(c) 6 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
8. What does the narrator buy to put on the flag pole after Emperor Meiji’s death in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) A fish head.
(b) Black crepe.
(c) A tulip wreath.
(d) Origami cranes.
9. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A wolf.
10. When does the narrator say he had come home in Part II, My Parents and I?
11. Where is K buried in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
12. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he was brought up to be what?
(a) An endearing man.
(b) An ethical man.
(c) An excitable man.
(d) An educated man.
13. What is the name of the childhood friend of the narrator’s father that comes to see him on his death bed in the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan?
14. What job offer does a friend from school send to the narrator in Part II, My Parents and I?
(a) A laborer position.
(b) A government position.
(c) A secondary teaching post.
(d) A managerial position.
15. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “In those days, such phrases as ‘the age of awakening’ or” what had not yet come into fashion?
(a) “The way of the future.”
(b) “Technological advancement.”
(c) “Prophecy fulfilled.”
(d) “The new life.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
2. Where does Sensei say K was born in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “There are advantages and disadvantages in having one's children” what?
4. How many siblings did Sensei have growing up?
5. On their first summer break in college, K rents a room in a temple where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)