|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sensei and K go after leaving Hota during their summer vacation together in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. The narrator tells his mother that he will have to go to Tokyo when in Part II, My Parents and I?
3. What is the name of the widow and Sensei’s landlord in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. To what park do K and Sensei walk from the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Yedo park.
(b) Hongo park.
(c) Ueno Park.
(d) Kyushu park.
5. How many siblings did Sensei have growing up?
6. What word from the novel refers to a Japanese stringed instrument consisting of a rectangular wooden body over which are stretched silk strings?
7. The narrator states in Part II, My Parents and I, “My mother seemed to attach about as much importance to my graduation as she would have done to my” what?
(c) “First child.”
8. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means asserting opinions in an arrogant manner?
9. K was adopted into the home of what?
(a) A priest.
(b) A general.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A samurai.
10. How many siblings does Ojosan have in the novel?
11. What is K wearing around his wrist when Sensei finds him living in the temple after their first summer vacation from college?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A watch.
(c) A cast.
(d) A piece of rope.
12. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
(a) The Hongo area.
(b) The Boshu area.
(c) The Ueno area.
(d) The Yedo area.
13. On their first summer break in college, K rents a room in a temple where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
14. What refers to the medieval Japanese act of vassals committing ritual suicide upon the death of their lord?
15. Who informs Sensei of the widow and her vacant room in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A confectioner.
(c) A banker.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei describes walking up the slope of Koishikawa toward what temple in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
3. What refers to a system for structuring society around relationships derived from the holding of land in exchange for service or labor?
4. What is the name of the widow’s daughter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. How many siblings does K have in the novel?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)