|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poems does Sensei ask K if he knows after a game of cards in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The poems of Monk Sogi.
(b) The HyakuninIsshu poems.
(c) The Heike Monogatari.
(d) The haikus of Matsuo Basho.
2. Where do Sensei and K go after leaving Hota during their summer vacation together in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. Where does Sensei say K was born in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(b) Denzuin Temple.
(c) The Temple of Myojin.
(d) A Shinshu temple.
4. How many siblings did Sensei have growing up?
5. Where did Sensei attend college?
6. How does the narrator’s father always refer to Emperor Meiji when discussing news of him in the papers?
(a) The Holy One.
(b) The Wise One.
(c) His Excellency.
(d) His Majesty.
7. What is the name of the widow and Sensei’s landlord in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
8. What church does Sensei say was very powerful in his native district in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Shinshu church.
(b) The Myojin church.
(c) The Denzuin church.
(d) The Hongan church.
9. After asking for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, where does Sensei leave the house to go in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
10. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
(b) Going to be Emperor.
(c) Getting married.
11. To what park do K and Sensei walk from the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Ueno Park.
(b) Kyushu park.
(c) Hongo park.
(d) Yedo park.
12. K tells Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that he doesn’t mind deceiving his foster parents so long as it will lead him to what?
(a) “The true way.”
(b) “Important answers.”
(c) “A better life.”
(d) “Enormous wealth.”
13. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “I was like a man who runs to the edge of a cliff, and looking down, sees that the abyss is” what?
14. Who was left in charge of Sensei after the death of his parents?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
15. What refers to the medieval Japanese act of vassals committing ritual suicide upon the death of their lord?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei describes walking up the slope of Koishikawa toward what temple in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. What refers to a system for structuring society around relationships derived from the holding of land in exchange for service or labor?
3. Sensei’s landlady tells him that the reason she wanted a boarder was what in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. Sensei has a dining table specially made for Okusan by a furniture maker where in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. The head of the family that was renting a room in the house that Sensei would eventually take was killed in what war, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)