|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sensei describes walking up the slope of Koishikawa toward what temple in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) Konnyaku-Emma Temple.
(b) Shinshu temple.
(c) The Temple of Myojin.
(d) Denzuin Temple.
2. How many days a week does K arrive home before Sensei in their last year at the university in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
3. How many siblings does K have in the novel?
4. Where is K buried in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. What term refers to the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan?
6. How old was General Nogi when he died?
7. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means asserting opinions in an arrogant manner?
8. Sensei says of the financial agreement reached between him and his uncle that he had two options: to accept what was offered, or to do what?
(a) Withdraw from the family.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Propose a counter offer.
(d) Sue him.
9. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means flirtation?
10. What phrase does Sensei say of K “described completely his daily life” in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) “Consumption by fear.”
(b) “Level of education.”
(c) “Purity of spirit.”
(d) “Concentration of mind.”
11. Through the grounds of what temple does Sensei enter the house of Okusan in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
12. Okusan takes Sensei out to dinner at a restaurant on what street in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
13. K was the son of a priest in what sect?
14. What is the name of the childhood friend of the narrator’s father that comes to see him on his death bed in the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan?
15. After asking for Ojosan’s hand in marriage, where does Sensei leave the house to go in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei’s family home was how far from the nearest city when he was growing up, according to his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. After discovering K’s body, whom does Sensei decide to wake?
3. Where does K tell Sensei he had met Ojosan by chance and walked her home in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. Who was left in charge of Sensei after the death of his parents?
5. When talking with K after leaving the library in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, Sensei compares himself to what crouching before a lamb?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)