Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soseki sees Sensei as the one ___________ person in a city of people who appear so very much alike.
2. What happens when Sensei will not clarify the type of temptations he says will cause people to be evil?
(a) Sensei falls asleep.
(b) Soseki swears to never see him again.
(c) Sensei storms off.
(d) Soseki storms off.
3. Soseki says that he is often ____________ by the responses that Sensei gives as they are speaking with each other.
4. Soseki seems to have a lack of _____________, which becomes apparent when he talks with Sensei.
(a) Common sense.
5. In 1900, where was Soseki sent in order to act as a governor scholar for his country?
(c) United States.
6. It was during the __________ era, which lasted from 1868 to 1912, that Japan emerged as a modern nation.
7. Sensei says that Soseki makes fun of ___________ because he has never actually experienced it himself.
8. In one of Soseki's novels, a character cries out: "How can I ________, except through faith, madness, or death?"
9. When Sensei was at university, a good friend of his died a/an _____________ death right before graduation.
10. Soon, Sensei asks Soseki why _____________, though he does enjoy the company of this new man in his life.
(a) He likes him.
(b) He asks so many questions.
(c) He visits him.
(d) He doesn't recognize him.
11. Sensei says that he would prefer to be __________ ill if he were truly ill when they talk about Soseki's father.
12. Who does Soseki get to know in order to learn more about the mysterious Sensei?
(a) Sensei's wife.
(b) Sensei's mother.
(c) Sensei's boss.
(d) Sensei's brother.
13. Besides General Nogi, who was the other one of the best known heroes of the Russo-Japanese War?
(a) Admiral Togo.
(b) Lieutenant Soseki.
(c) Emperior Meiji.
(d) Corporal Nuji.
14. Sensei initially stands out in the crowd of _____________ because of his strange western companion.
(b) Black heads.
15. Sensei has formally refused to partake in even a little __________ daily though it does improve his mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soseki decide to do once he finds out that his relative has a promising health prognosis?
2. Sensei also warns Soseki against __________ of him when they are walking and talking with each other.
3. Weeks later, after submitting his _____________, Soseki decides to go for a walk with Sensei.
4. What do Sensei and Soseki see at the start of this section which causes reactions from both men?
5. Soseki anticipates the ____________ arrival on the beach that very day, according to his recollection.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)