|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of nature does Sensei tell the narrator he has after they leave the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. Sensei repeatedly tells the narrator that there is what in loving in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. How does the narrator describe Sensei’s wife when he first sees her in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. The narrator says in Part I: Sensei and I, “At first, I thought of Sensei’s wife as a woman of” what?
5. When was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
6. What word from the narrative in Part I: Sensei and I, means requiring or characterized by excessive care or delicacy; painstaking?
7. The narrator states in Part I, “Sensei and I,”He refers to Sensei by that name not because he is trying to be discreet, but because it is more what to him?
8. Sensei’s wife tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “I see that higher education has made you adept at” what?
(a) “Empty rationalization.”
(b) “Thinking for yourself.”
(c) “Taking direction.”
(d) “Making friends.”
9. Where is the narrator during the summer holidays when he first meets Sensei?
10. The narrator goes to stay with Sensei’s wife due to a slew of burglaries while Sensei is gone where in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A graduation.
(d) A dinner party.
11. How many tea houses does the narrator describe on the beach in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
12. The narrator states of his feelings on women in Part I: Sensei and I, “Often, when I found myself face to face with a woman, my longing would suddenly disappear. Instead of being drawn to the woman, I would feel a kind of” what?
13. What does Sensei call the azalea tree that is taller than the others and reddish-brown in color at the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I?
14. What word from Part I: Sensei and I, mean the absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement?
15. When does the narrator tell Sensei and his wife he will be back in Tokyo after he graduates in Part I: Sensei and I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your” what?
2. Where is Sensei’s wife’s mother from?
3. After the narrator makes an amused comment about a loving couple in the garden during flower-viewing season in Part I: Sensei and I, what does Sensei ask him?
4. What Buddhist inscription does the narrator describe on one of the tombstones in the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. The narrator tells Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I, “I value your opinions because they are the results of your” what?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)