|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator returns to Tokyo after meeting Sensei at the beach in Part I: Sensei and I, he has how long before the beginning of lectures at the college?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4 days.
2. Where do Sensei and his wife take a holiday and send a letter with a maple leaf enclosed to the narrator from in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. Where is Sensei’s wife’s father from?
4. Where do Sensei and the narrator walk toward after leaving the gardens during the flower-viewing season in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. In what year did Natsume Soseki join the staff of the Fifth National College in Kumamoto?
6. What does Sensei call the azalea tree that is taller than the others and reddish-brown in color at the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I?
7. How many tea houses does the narrator describe on the beach in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
8. Where is the narrator’s fellow vacationing student friend at the beach from in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) The Central Provinces.
(b) The Western Provinces.
(c) The Northern Provinces.
(d) The Eastern Provinces.
9. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your” what?
(a) “Insults in the future.”
(b) “Biased point of view.”
(c) “Humble opinion.”
(d) “Scorn along with it.”
10. The narrator describes Sensei’s attitude as what, prior to their meeting in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) Austere and arrogant.
(b) Overly gregarious.
(c) Somewhat unsociable.
(d) Sneakily condescending.
11. Sensei asks the narrator while walking through the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I, “You have never thought seriously of the reality of” what?
(a) “Having children.”
12. What kind of nature does Sensei tell the narrator he has after they leave the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I?
13. When the narrator first goes to see Sensei in Tokyo, it is how long since lectures have started at the university in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 weeks.
14. When the narrator first sees Sensei at a teahouse by the beach, he says that two days previously he had gone where?
15. Sensei’s wife tells the narrator that Sensei left how long ago to go to the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 45 mintues.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translated Kokoroand wrote the book’s Forward?
2. When does the narrator tell Sensei and his wife he will be back in Tokyo after he graduates in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. How does the narrator describe Sensei’s wife when he first sees her in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. What does Sensei’s wife send home with the narrator after he stays with her to watch for burglars in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. Where is the narrator during the summer holidays when he first meets Sensei?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)