|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of what month is the narrator’s graduation thesis due in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. The narrator says that he learned to be an accomplished whistle-blower from a friend where in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. When does the narrator tell Sensei and his wife he will be back in Tokyo after he graduates in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. How many tea houses does the narrator describe on the beach in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
5. What type of tree in the cemetery does Sensei make a point of walking past every time he visits his friend’s grave, according to the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) A gingko tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A cedar tree.
(d) A pine tree.
6. Sensei asks the narrator while walking through the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I, “You have never thought seriously of the reality of” what?
(c) “Having children.”
7. Where is Sensei’s wife’s mother from?
8. At what time does Sensei return home while the narrator stays with his wife to watch for burglars in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
9. Sensei’s wife tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “I see that higher education has made you adept at” what?
(a) “Thinking for yourself.”
(b) “Making friends.”
(c) “Empty rationalization.”
(d) “Taking direction.”
10. The narrator’s mother suggests that the narrator take Sensei what when he returns to Tokyo in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) Loaves of bread.
(b) Dried mushrooms.
(c) Lychee fruit.
(d) Goji berries.
11. How many siblings does the narrator tell Sensei he has in Part I: Sensei and I?
12. When the narrator returns to Tokyo after meeting Sensei at the beach in Part I: Sensei and I, he has how long before the beginning of lectures at the college?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 10 days.
13. When did Confucius live?
(a) 324-277 BCE.
(b) 551-479 BCE.
(c) 1012-945 BCE.
(d) 108-55 BCE.
14. Where do the narrator and Sensei go during the flower-viewing season in Part I: Sensei and I?
15. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
(a) Kamakura, Japan.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Fukushima, Japan.
(d) Osaka, Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator compares his father with Sensei, he concludes that both are what type of men in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. The narrator describes Sensei’s attitude as what, prior to their meeting in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “The friendship that you sought in me is in reality a preparation for” what?
4. Where is Sensei’s wife’s father from?
5. Sensei repeatedly tells the narrator that there is what in loving in Part I: Sensei and I?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)