|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (pages 207-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Part I: Sensei and I, that although he profited greatly from his conversations with Sensei, he found him very unsatisfactory as what?
(a) A brother.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A mentor.
2. What insects does the narrator hear singing outside his window at his family home in Part II, My Parents and I?
3. In what month is the narrator due to graduate from university in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. What Buddhist inscription does the narrator describe on one of the tombstones in the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) “Buddha be with you.”
(b) “Buddha is the light.”
(c) “Derive your strength from Buddha.”
(d) “All living things bear within themselves the essence of Buddha.”
5. How often does Sensei go to the cemetery to visit his friend’s grave?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. K’s foster parents sent him to Tokyo to study what, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. How does the narrator travel to the cemetery to meet with Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. What does the narrator buy to put on the flag pole after Emperor Meiji’s death in Part II, My Parents and I?
4. How does K earn money to attend college after being disowned by his foster family?
5. What did Natsume Soseki study in college?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)