|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (pages 207-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “I was like a man who runs to the edge of a cliff, and looking down, sees that the abyss is” what?
2. The narrator’s father says in Part II, My Parents and I, “There are advantages and disadvantages in having one's children” what?
(b) Learn karate.
3. Where do Sensei, the widow, and her daughter go shopping for clothes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. General Nogi and who were the best-known heroes of the Russo-Japanese War?
(a) Admiral Omitsu.
(b) Admiral Togo.
(c) General Shimokobe
(d) General Jinsoku.
5. How many tea houses does the narrator describe on the beach in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Sensei give to the son of the tree orchard in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. How old was General Nogi when he died?
3. Where was Natsume Soseki educated, according to the book’s Forward?
4. Where did Sensei visit before leaving his home for Tokyo after the quarrel with his uncle in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
5. Through the grounds of what temple does Sensei enter the house of Okusan in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)