|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (pages 207-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator during the summer holidays when he first meets Sensei?
2. The narrator’s vacationing student friend is called home after they have been at the beach town for how long in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 day.
3. Sensei repeatedly tells the narrator that there is what in loving in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “Women in those days did not wear their hair over their foreheads, but twisted it up like” what on top of their heads?
(a) “Pig tails.”
(c) “Jungle vines.”
(d) “Snake coils.”
5. The narrator says of Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I, “Before he could destroy his wife’s happiness, he” did what?
(a) “Entered the priesthood.”
(b) “Destroyed himself.”
(c) “Moved away.”
(d) “Married another.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sensei, the widow, and her daughter go shopping for clothes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
2. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means flirtation?
3. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
4. What relative of Sensei’s died of a similar ailment as the narrator’s father?
5. Past what temple does Sensei walk after crossing the Mansei Bridge in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)