|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (pages 207-248).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states of his feelings on women in Part I: Sensei and I, “Often, when I found myself face to face with a woman, my longing would suddenly disappear. Instead of being drawn to the woman, I would feel a kind of” what?
2. The narrator’s mother suggests that the narrator take Sensei what when he returns to Tokyo in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) Loaves of bread.
(b) Lychee fruit.
(c) Goji berries.
(d) Dried mushrooms.
3. What word from Part III, Sensei’s Testament means flirtation?
4. When the narrator first goes to see Sensei in Tokyo, it is how long since lectures have started at the university in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
5. Who translated Kokoroand wrote the book’s Forward?
(a) Albert Johnson.
(b) Jacob Winslow.
(c) Reginald Lee.
(d) Edwin McClellan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did K die?
2. When the narrator first sees Sensei at a teahouse by the beach, he says that two days previously he had gone where?
3. The head of the family that was renting a room in the house that Sensei would eventually take was killed in what war, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
4. How does the narrator travel to the cemetery to meet with Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. When does the narrator say he had come home in Part II, My Parents and I?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)