|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Sensei and I (pages 21-42).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sensei’s wife tells the narrator that Sensei left how long ago to go to the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 45 mintues.
2. What did Natsume Soseki study in college?
(a) English literature.
3. Sensei repeatedly tells the narrator that there is what in loving in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. When the narrator first sees Sensei at a teahouse by the beach, he says that two days previously he had gone where?
5. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “[I]f you ever allow yourself to feel betrayed, you will then find yourself being” what?
(a) “Awfully morose.”
(b) “Cruelly vindictive.”
(c) “Obstinately vengeful.”
(d) “Excellently moved.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, “The friendship that you sought in me is in reality a preparation for” what?
2. During what years did the Meiji era last, according to the author in the Forward?
3. The narrator goes to stay with Sensei’s wife due to a slew of burglaries while Sensei is gone where in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
5. What was Tokyo once known as?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)