|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Sensei and I (through page 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Sensei go to the cemetery to visit his friend’s grave?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Once a month.
2. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
(a) Kamakura, Japan.
(b) Osaka, Japan.
(c) Tokyo, Japan.
(d) Fukushima, Japan.
3. Who translated Kokoroand wrote the book’s Forward?
(a) Albert Johnson.
(b) Edwin McClellan.
(c) Reginald Lee.
(d) Jacob Winslow.
4. How does the narrator describe Sensei’s wife when he first sees her in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. How many tea houses does the narrator describe on the beach in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
Short Answer Questions
1. General Nogi and who were the best-known heroes of the Russo-Japanese War?
2. The narrator describes Sensei’s attitude as what, prior to their meeting in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. What does “Sensei” mean in general Japanese usage?
4. Sensei’s wife tells the narrator that Sensei left how long ago to go to the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. Why is the narrator’s vacationing student friend called home in the beginning of Part I: Sensei and I?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)