|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Sensei and I (through page 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator travel to the cemetery to meet with Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) By foot.
(b) By carraige.
(c) By rickshaw.
(d) By train.
2. What type of tree in the cemetery does Sensei make a point of walking past every time he visits his friend’s grave, according to the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A cedar tree.
(c) A gingko tree.
(d) A maple tree.
3. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
(a) Fukushima, Japan.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Kamakura, Japan.
(d) Osaka, Japan.
4. What does “Sensei” mean in general Japanese usage?
5. When was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translated Kokoroand wrote the book’s Forward?
2. The narrator says in Part I: Sensei and I, that he might have never noticed Sensei had he not been accompanied by what?
3. How often does Sensei go to the cemetery to visit his friend’s grave?
4. NatsumeSoseki wrote Kokoro how many years after the death of Emperor Meiji?
5. Where is the narrator during the summer holidays when he first meets Sensei?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)