|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (pages 164-207).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator’s brother-in-law?
2. What word used by Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I, means a freeing from false belief?
3. Where is the narrator’s fellow vacationing student friend at the beach from in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) The Central Provinces.
(b) The Eastern Provinces.
(c) The Western Provinces.
(d) The Northern Provinces.
4. The narrator’s mother suggests that the narrator take Sensei what when he returns to Tokyo in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) Lychee fruit.
(b) Dried mushrooms.
(c) Goji berries.
(d) Loaves of bread.
5. Where do Sensei and the narrator walk toward after leaving the gardens during the flower-viewing season in Part I: Sensei and I?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Part I, “Sensei and I,”He refers to Sensei by that name not because he is trying to be discreet, but because it is more what to him?
2. When does the narrator tell Sensei he will be returning to Tokyo while he is home for his father’s illness in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. The narrator describes Sensei’s attitude as what, prior to their meeting in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. What is the name of the childhood friend of the narrator’s father that comes to see him on his death bed in the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan?
5. What does Sensei’s wife mention as a possible cause of the change in Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)