|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, My Parents and I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the medieval Japanese act of vassals committing ritual suicide upon the death of their lord?
2. How many siblings does the narrator tell Sensei he has in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. Where do Sensei and the narrator walk toward after leaving the gardens during the flower-viewing season in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. What did Natsume Soseki study in college?
(d) English literature.
5. In what year did NatsumeSoseki succeed Lafcadio Hearn as lecturer in English literature at the Imperial University?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sensei’s wife?
2. When does the narrator tell Sensei he will be returning to Tokyo while he is home for his father’s illness in Part I: Sensei and I?
3. What “delicacy” does the narrator’s father enjoy having his wife prepare for him while he is bed-ridden in Part II, My Parents and I?
4. The narrator states in Part II, My Parents and I, “My mother seemed to attach about as much importance to my graduation as she would have done to my” what?
5. The narrator says after his discussion with Sensei at the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I, “Among the things that Sensei said, what interested me most was his remark that no man was immune to” what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)