|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (through page 164).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator tell Sensei and his wife he will be back in Tokyo after he graduates in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. The head of the family that was renting a room in the house that Sensei would eventually take was killed in what war, according to Sensei in Part III, Sensei’s Testament?
(a) The Shimabara Rebellion.
(b) The Russo-Japanese War.
(c) The Indian-Japanese War.
(d) The Sino-Japanese War.
3. How does the narrator travel to the cemetery to meet with Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) By rickshaw.
(b) By carraige.
(c) By train.
(d) By foot.
4. Sensei says in Part III, Sensei’s Testament that in his time, there were already a few high-class boarding houses for college students located where?
(a) The Hongo area.
(b) The Yedo area.
(c) The Ueno area.
(d) The Boshu area.
5. Sensei tells the narrator that his Western friend is something of what in Part I: Sensei and I?
(a) A criminal.
(b) An eccentric.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A hermit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Sensei go to the cemetery to visit his friend’s grave?
2. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he was brought up to be what?
3. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “Since my past was experienced only by me, I might be excused if I regarded it as” what?
4. Sensei asks the narrator while walking through the cemetery in Part I: Sensei and I, “You have never thought seriously of the reality of” what?
5. When does the narrator tell Sensei he will be returning to Tokyo while he is home for his father’s illness in Part I: Sensei and I?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)