|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Sensei’s Testament (through page 164).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sensei says of the financial agreement reached between him and his uncle that he had two options: to accept what was offered, or to do what?
(a) Sue him.
(b) Propose a counter offer.
(c) Withdraw from the family.
(d) Kill him.
2. The narrator says after his discussion with Sensei at the tree nursery in Part I: Sensei and I, “Among the things that Sensei said, what interested me most was his remark that no man was immune to” what?
3. What game does the narrator play with his father while he is recovering to appease his boredom in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. Sensei tells the narrator in his letter in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, that he wants to reveal his past to the narrator because he is what?
(a) Going to be Emperor.
(b) Getting married.
5. When the narrator enters the cemetery to find Sensei in Part I: Sensei and I, he describes a broad avenue bordered on each side by what?
(a) Pine trees.
(b) Cedar trees.
(c) Maple trees.
(d) Palm trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sensei tells the narrator that his Western friend is something of what in Part I: Sensei and I?
2. Sensei tells the narrator in Part I: Sensei and I, that “when a man dies suddenly” what “causes more trouble than anything else”?
3. In what month is the narrator due to graduate from university in Part I: Sensei and I?
4. Sensei tells the narrator that there is no such thing as what in this world in Part I: Sensei and I?
5. Sensei writes in Part III, Sensei’s Testament, “As I look about me, I find that I really have no” what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)