1. Who translated Kokoroand wrote the book’s Forward?
(a) Reginald Lee.
(b) Edwin McClellan.
(c) Albert Johnson.
(d) Jacob Winslow.
2. During what years did the Meiji era last, according to the author in the Forward?
3. When was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
4. Where was Natsume Soseki born, according to the book’s Forward?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(b) Fukushima, Japan.
(c) Kamakura, Japan.
(d) Osaka, Japan.
5. Where was Natsume Soseki educated, according to the book’s Forward?
(a) Hokkaido University.
(b) Kumamoto University.
(c) Waseda University.
(d) Imperial University.
6. What did Natsume Soseki study in college?
(b) English literature.
7. In what year did Natsume Soseki join the staff of the Fifth National College in Kumamoto?
8. When was Natsume Soseki sent to England as a government scholar?
9. In what year did NatsumeSoseki succeed Lafcadio Hearn as lecturer in English literature at the Imperial University?
This section contains 4,701 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)