Objective: The idea of translating someone else's work seems to be something that might be trickier than it appears. Today's objective is to discuss the inherent problems of translating someone else's work.
1) 1. Have each student make a list of the steps they think need to be taken in order to translate something.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they would ever want to translate someone else's work. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss the possible problems of translating a book from another language. Do the students think certain languages would be harder than others? Why or why not?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss the precautions a translator might need to take in order to do the translation correctly.
5. Homework: Have students decide whether they think translations harm the work of a writer. Why or why not?
6. Homework: Have the student decide...
This section contains 5,439 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)